RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Two Questions...

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
The Chosen Of Darkness...
Ok so I am a god with javascripting, but have trouble with the smallest things on RPG Maker XP! Here are my two questions---

1. Say I want an event to appear in a diffrent map then the one I am at right now. So I talk to a guy, and he says something like " I will meet you at the southern gate of telespokia.Be there!" and then he dissipears.Now he was not at the gate throughout the entire game, but he needs to appear there as a diffrent event now that I have spoken to him. How can I make this happen?

2. Can I get my game to be full screen somehow! I dont care if it strethes the images, it wouldjust look more like it was on a tv that way.If there is a way to get my game in full screen then please tell me how.

Thank's for reading...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 12:04:35 PM by Zeriab »

lol

Any other help? The full screen thing would really take a load off of the problem...

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, there's Blizzard's Tons of Add-ons script that allows people to choose full screen... But I'm not sure how to make it do it automatically. Anyways, for the event, you can just use the "Change Event Location" (or something like that) option.

Well. After hearing alot about switches, I must ask this! Is there a tut on switches, and are switches hard to use?

------------------
Got the full screen thing to work. Just press alt + enter while playing the game.
------------------

I like this smiley ---->  :bean:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Switches... There are few. Zeriab's signature links to one. I think I am going to go find it and link it up. Also, I wrote something on them in Event Commands Tutorial, but that was mostly explaining the command itself and not it's use in game. I'll go find the link to dubealex's, it's much better.

And for fullscreen, use either Blizz's Tons of Add-Ons, which allows the player to select, or just press Alt+Enter when test playing

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. That is called the arlfruit. Anyways, I thought you meant you wanted it to be always fullscreen and check out Zeriab's signature. There's a link to a good tutorial there. (click the picture)

EDIT: YOU BEAT ME T_T

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind

to full screen just press alt & enter in gameplay easy peasy :bean:
<3DeadlyDeviant<3

Well I have figured out switches, and I am pretty good with events, and thunderstorm timing.I am really getting this program down pat!

Most likely 1 of my last probs, beore i'm ready to spread my wings, and fly out on my own -----

Ok here it goes! Say I want to make a women go running across the terrain.Ok so when I click the move event, and I make her move right with the correct animation, she just continues to proceed right! She just runs right off of the screen! How can I make her stop running after hitting the point I am wanting her to stop at? I am wanting her to stop at my chosen point,turn to the left, and then a message will pop up.

Any help on this? I am almost ready to go on my own.

------------------------------------------------------

:bean: < ------Now I have two best smileys! -------->  :mex:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
set move route: one stp forward, turn left, turn right. ? then a wait for moves completion then SHOW MESSAGE
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Ok I will try that, but will that get the character to the destination point that I desire, before stopping? I can only try.

Thanks for all of the help I have been recieving from all of you guys. Really! This board is the best I have found yet!

Is there a "Wait for moves completion" option in the events, because I can not find it...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
It's the one right under "Move Event" on page 2.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 05:42:11 PM by Irockman1 »

Ok Ive got it! Now my last few questions, and I am on my own!

1. If I activate a swith to display a message, and I set the event to paralell, how can I stop the message from continously happening?

2. How can I change an events image from it's current one, via event process? (EXAMPLE)((Two soldiers are standing in front of you. Once the battle commences, and you win, the game returns back to where you were,but the soldiers are still standing!?!)) I want them to be the downed versions of themselves after the battle is over. How can I do this?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
at the end of the event message add event command:

CONTROL SELF SWITCH turn one of the letters on

then top click NEW EVENT PAGE

in the new BLANK page top left check the box and select the letter you chose.

2. after battle processing under WIN put set move route, then "change graphic".
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hey everyone, thanks alot for helping me! I owe my newest game project DARK RAIN to all of you that have helped me. I know you guys will love this game when it's complete.

Thanks agian for getting me on my start.