RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[gm] Please Help!

Rep:
Level 87
Kotae Wa Kitte Nai...ii?
Hi all GameMaker users.....I have recently got GameMaker and in one day...I could make a Kingdom Hearts BS....But 2 problems.
1.I donno how to set up HP and SP and Drive bars.
2.Donno how to make AI.

Thanx ALL!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:48:51 AM by modern algebra »
Dude do you break dance?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I will try to explain how to do health bars. But I haven't used GM in years so bare with me. Plus I suck at explaining things.

Also, This is only if you're not using views.

First off, make a new object and name it something like "health control". Next add a draw event to the object. Inside the draw event place the action "Draw health bar" (It's in the "score" section.)

This is the part I don't remember (so I may be wrong), you got to set the Xs and Ys. IIRC These are the coordinates of corners of the square that will be the bar. It tells where the bar will be drawn. To get the coordinates go to the room and use the grid to pick where you want corner 1,2,3, and 4. 

I would help with the rest but I don't really remember much about GM.

Edit: Also if you wish to make a event that would cause the health bar to go down use the "set health" action and make sure to set it as relitive.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 07:19:33 PM by Identity »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
AI is simpler than you think. Just make a chain of events started by an if statement. For instance:

If player.y = self.y

Open

If player.x < self.x

Open

*actions*

Close

Close

And etc.

Rep:
Level 87
Kotae Wa Kitte Nai...ii?
Thanx ALL ;D Now I can get started on my two games!
Dude do you break dance?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
No problem. :D If you need anything else just say so, I'm usually right here.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I think my health explaination was wrong. I suggest downloading an example.

This site should have one: http://birchdale.net/gm/