RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Someone please help! :zidane:/ I had One more question

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
On rpd maker xp how do you make it so you can have a consiquens for having your timer run out like for example theres a timer for 5 sec. and it runs and you get a game over I'd be really thankful if someone could explain how to do this to me please im desprate. :a:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:17:16 PM by blacklable »
Live long Skate hard.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Conditional Branches. You'll figure them out once you mess with it for about 3 mins so you shouldn't need my explanation but if you really do just say so ;8

~Winged

Sorry but I did but I couldn't figure it I played around with it for about an hour it almost worked but all I got was the timer came on then right away whent to a game over :)
Live long Skate hard.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Can you please post what you did here so I might be able to see what you did wrong?

~Winged

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Basically, you'll need to set up a parallel process which has inside it a conditional branch on timer set to run whenever Timer is XXX sec or less. So like:

Conditional Branch Time 0 min, 30 sec or less
   Shake Screen
Branch END

That will shake the screen when the timer is 30 secs or less. I think the problem you encounter might be due to you having it set as Timer 0 sec or more, or you might not be putting the Game Over message INSIDE the conditional branch, not after it. Post back if you encounter problems.

Ok First I made a timer set to 10 sec. then I created a onditional branch and set to Conditional branch: below 0 min. 5 sec.
                    <>Game Over
                    <>
                    Else Handerler
                    <>
                    End
                    <>
And the timer whent down but nothing happened after it hit 5 sec.just sat there do you know what I did wrong ???
Live long Skate hard.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
you might not be putting the Game Over message INSIDE the conditional branch, not after it. Post back if you encounter problems.

Try that  ;8

P.S Woot 800th post, 1,000th here I come!

~Winged

Ok I double checked and this is excactly what it looks like:

<>Timer Operation: Start (0 Minuts and 10 seconds)
<>Conditional Branch: Timer below 0 Minuts and 5 Seconds
 <>Game Over
 <>
: Else Handerler
 <>
: End
<>

P.S. Cool 800 pots nice
Live long Skate hard.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Set the timer in one event.
Have another event on Parallel Process trigger and let that event contain the conditional branch.

Right now you set the time to 10 seconds, ask if the time is below 5 seconds immediately after.
As the time is on 10 seconds you run the else handler.
There are no more actions, so the event ends and you don't check the time again.

Thank you thank you thank you! It worked. I was starting to think I'dnever figure it out thanks agian. ;D :zoid:
Live long Skate hard.

It worked at 10 sec but what if I whant it bigger like 1:30 or 1:10 or sumthin like that :atma:
Live long Skate hard.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You would just set that into your conditional branch, instead of 10 s.