RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] MMBG I: HOM problem

Rep:
Level 87
"Cogito ergo sum"
ages ago, I used game maker to start Megaman Battle Guardian I: Hunters of Memory and I cam into a huge problem which I haven't be able to fix, since this board focuses on game Maker, I’m sure someone can help me

the Megaman Character I’m using keeps getting stuck in the walls has he falls down a hold, in other words, when ever he jumps into a wall he gets stuck, I think I know why, the huge amount of IF statements I used, one for everything he could do and it's too much to go though so here's what I’m asking

I need to know how to make my object change sprite when he moves forwards and change to a differnt one when he moves back
Same as above yet going up and down (jumping)

if someone could also direct me to a page which has a tutorial on how to make a boss (Megaman style boss) then I’ll be very happy, you don't have to of cause, I just need to see if there's a better why than my long and crap way
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:49:00 AM by modern algebra »

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Here you go, should help you start of with basic stuff. Its all about Mega Man.

I didnt make it so cant help you if you have questions about it, but if you do post the errors you may get Im sure myself, Arrow-1, or some else could help you with it.

Hope it helps!
Sig by MacGravel