RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
.Mai//Aerus Volume 1: Virale

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I Based this off from The ".Hack//Series".

Story:

Your a Character Named Mai. And suddenly you just started playing an Online Game Named Aerus because a friend of yours told you to join in and play, and was like the biggest thing since like, WoW, Runescape, etc, etc, etc.

Suddenly after trying to teleport to the Main Area, your teleported to some Back-Up like Program underneath the Online Game and soon your attacked by a Bug which crashes the Game inmediatelly, after re-logging again...you suddenly see someone who looks exactly like you except in a "Darker" Version of your sprite and starts killing NooBs all over the place and the Mods and Admins blames it all on you.

From Having fun you end up in a lot of trouble...and your job is to solve the Mysterious "Shadow Mai" that suddenly appeared, find her, and Clear your name.

But it ain't gonna be easy...your gonna need all the help you can get...and that is the problem...since Everyone believes your a PK (Player Killer) and you've already been nicknamed as "Dark Angel Mai".

( This ain't gonna be Easy after all =/ )

Screenshots:

(I Know...It says Broken Wings of Fate, I forgot to put the Name)

Characters:

Name: Mai
Nickname: "Dark Angel Mai" or "D.A.M."
Class: HeavyBlade
Role: Main Protagonist/Heroine
Bio:
The Protagonist who joins the Game and is Called and Watched by the Mods for supposebly PK New members (Player Killer).

There are others...but If I tell you...then It will get Really Crowded  :wacko:  (Actually it's more like a "Surprise"  ::) )

Systems/Scripts used:

Blizz-ABS Script

Reosurces/Sprites by:

Pickle from Pickle Studios.

Music From:
.Hack//Infection, .Hack//Mutation, .Hack//Outbreak, .Hack//Quarantine and .Hack//G.U. Vol. 1

Demo:

(Erm...I just started.)

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Cool, I really like your screenshot of the floating rock in a stary space field. That HUD looks pretty unique (or maybe I just havent tried any scripts lately...ya that's it)

Your mapping skills are seem to be really great since you also included fragments of what seems to be debri from a explosion or collision of something. This story/plot is quit interesting and I can't wait to see more updates... hopefully even a full game later on!
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
This looks great, I've been a .hack fan for ages!

~Winged

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
This looks good, and the story is very futuristic and intersting. Keep doing the good work.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Wow, this is cool! Are you gonna "simulate" a MMORPG like in the .hack series?
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Rep:
Level 88
.hack... I want this to work. I love .hack. The story is great. I was actually expecting a story like one of the series... (Well, the game series. Haven't seen much of the show.) I like the screen too. This looks like it is gonna be good.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This looks great, I've been a .hack fan for ages!

~Winged

Me too! But I forgot what episode I left off on...it as one of the last in season four, and I can't even try to pick it up because I don't wanna  ruin the story...  :'(

But, this looks strangely like the kain fan game. But good luck. (I don't know who posted first, but I think you)

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
This sounds cool. I'm looking forward to it.