RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Betrayal: Wars, politics, and survival.

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
In this game, my first project to be announced on these forums, a man named Leeves (yes, its corny, but you can change it...thankfully), a faithful soldier for the government of Tionica, soon learns that life is not as good as it seems and that sometimes taking the high road reads to a pothole.  Along with his friend and fellow spearsman Posel, he turns his back to the Tionican government forever after his sister is kidnapped and brutally murdered in front of his eyes as he is tortured.  Vowing to avenge his sister, he develops a small guerilla group and plans to attack the government from within...

And that's all you get to know for now.  I just made that up off the top of my head; I have not yet began on the story.

IN THIS GAME YOU ARE MORTAL AND MUST KEEP YOURSELF FROM DYING OF HUNGER OR THIRST.

1. In this game, you can catch fish and eat them to keep your FP (Food Points) up.  If your FP reach 0, then you will die!

2. Also, you can drink out of FOUNTAINS or fill up bottles with water to keep up your WP (Water Points).  Again, failure to do so means death!

3. Not only that, but you must keep yourself from sleeping by resting in beds.  In you SP (Sleep Points) reach zero, you will sleep automatically and will not be able to move for 30+ seconds as your character regains 20% of his/her sleep bar.  Also, your character will slow down at 49%, 24%, and 11% sleep.

4. Food can rot and water can become contaminated!  Yes, that's right folks, some of your items can go bad!  However, better quality food will last longer and you can buy freeze-dried food for long trips or quests.

5. Part of the challenge of the game is your mortality!  However, my goal is to make a challenge, not to make it tedious.  Thus, I'm only going to make it so you have to take care of your sleep, hunger, and thirst every 8+ minutes.

6. You will be able to increase your FP, WP, and SP by increasing an endurance level or by doing various quests throughout the game!

7. Throughout the game, you MIGHT (i'm not quite sure yet) have various quests where you can chat with your fellow party members that either increase or decrease ytour relationship.  This relationship bar will determine what quests you unlock.

8. Of course, weapon forging is all the rage!  But why not take that a step further?  I'm going to make it so you can forge rings, hats, shields, and spells as well!  Why not?

9. Various places will have an extra challenge by draining your hunger, thirst, or sleep at a faster rate!  For example, deserts would drain your water bar two to three times as fast.

10. You will level up stats such as fishing and mountaineering that will help you travel and collect needed supplies throughout the game!

That's about all I have for now... I'll keep you posted on my efforts!

Rep:
Level 91
sounds good. but what does it matter if you'll just collapse in the middle of nowhere and start sleeping?

Three things:

1. You lose some time waiting for the character to wake up and you have to go through some annoying "...ZZZ" dialogue.
2. The water and food bars still run, so you still lose some valuable time (~1-2% as of now)
3. Your character only goes up to 20% sleep, meaning you walk slowly and will fall asleep again soon.

Rep:
Level 91
hola has a point there... try not to let the bars drop too quickly...

Good point.  I thought that it would be best if the sleep bar would last exactly one day, which is 14,400 frames (~8 minutes) AT THE BEGINNING of the game.  I will make it so you can create (or buy) various potions that will increase your SP by a certain amount and I will make it so you can have more SP, WP, and FP through doing quests and/or by raising seperate stats (or a stat for all of them).

Which one would you recommend?

NOTE: I'm definately going to put quite a few beds in this game, so you should only face sleeping on the ground if you're extremely lazy.

NOTE #2: The point of this is to make an extra challenge, not to create an inconvience.  Keep in mind that I will try to make it as effortless as possible.