RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] On map HP/SP Visual v3.0 [RMXP Event System]

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Visual Hp/SP v3.0

What does it do?
-WIth this system you can visually see an aproximate of your current HP and SP in a visual located on the bottom left of the game.
- Ablility to scroll through hud to view all hp/sp's

Screenshots

Credits:
  • Nouman
  • Modern Algebra
  • Zeriab
  • BanisherOfEden

Questions/Comments? Please leave all feedback here.

Update: Now has SP!
- Now ability to see all character's HP/SP's by press S.

Instructions
-Press S to scroll through hero's. walk around and do some battles to test it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:17:00 PM by modern algebra »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No need to credit me Nouman - my participation was minor at best.  :D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
No way! I had no clue how to get the percentage. You kicked this whole thing off!  :)
If anyone helps me in anyway to make something, their in the credits as well. =D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
New Version!

What's New?

• Smaller, Cleaner HP visual
  • Added SP !!!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Great work Nouman. I like this idea.
I checked it out and I would have done it a bit different.
I'm attaching a version where I changed the Hp part for you to see.
It does not do the exact same. I've made the health show as full for the first 10 percent instead of being full only when the hp is full.
This also means that the next pic don't span 19 percent but 10 like the rest.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wow! That method is very clever. I am going to try and re make the SP part using that way.

Thanks, Zeriab!

Rep:
Level 92
Thanks.
I just thought there was no reason to calculate the percentage more than once.
I didn't change the SP part because I thought you would learn more by doing it yourself ^_^

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Sweet. your help is amazing!
I fixed the sp and have uplaoded it.

Next step I am trying to do: Make it so you can button imput and change to view another party members health and sp, sorta scroll through the hud.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ohh... That's pretty awesome... Lol. Isn't the blue outline thing a part of an optical illusion? :P Anyways, this is pretty cool and would go nicely with an ABS.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Lol i made a similar system once but it was only SP but worked exactly the same .

Nice work guys.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
NEW VERSION!

If you haven't tried the demo or even if you have, it's a must get now!

What's new?
-Character names
-Ablility to scroll through character's by pressing S.

Enjoy!!!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Holy crap that's awesome... XD

EDIT: Could it be done so that you change leaders if you press S? That would make things look a bit better, IMO.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 11:04:36 PM by mastermoo420 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I guess I can try that. =D

I can probally cheat and just have it change the person's in front sprit. XD
The system already checks who's in party or not so changing aluxes spirit won't do anything. =D

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. If you cheat, then the name will be the same, the class will be the same, and etc. Not good in the long run XP I don't get your second line, though.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
eh I guess your right, but changing might be complicated.  :-\
I would have to check who's in the party blah blah then get rid of the party then put them all back in.

I'll try the cheating way first. it will just switch the person's image on the map.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. Maybe just leave the leader changing to Blizz's scripted version? If you do party memorization (I did that for just two characters and it was hard >_>) it would take... 4! = 4x3x2x1 = 24 variable settings, I guess... -_-

Rep:
Level 92
I like what you have done.
Swapping actors isn't very difficult. It is one of those things that is easier to script
Anyway I have attached a version where the lead actor is swapped, but the structure of the party is not kept.
You should try to create a version where the actors are cycled through like you'd normally expect. (Hint: Usage of another variable might be good)
You should also change the Select so whether or not actors are swapped depends on a switch.
This swapping should naturally be disregard if a custom script defines the position and a scripting solution should be used.

@mastermoo: You won't need so many variables.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No. You'd need one variable but you'd need a common event that parallel processes to check the order of the people so that if (example using two people) Arshes is first, Basil is second, the variable = 1. If there's just Arshes, 2. If just Basil, 3. If Basil first, Arshes first, 4. That alone would take a confusing common event with a bunch of conditional branches. It would take more than 24 considering there is more than just all 4 characters in the party.

Rep:
Level 92
Lol. I doubt you can actors positions with event commands alone (not considering script snippets)
You can neither with variables nor a conditional branch check the position of actors in your party.
You can just check whether or not they are in your party.
Unless I have overseen the command you must already know their position. This can be done when you are adding and removing.
Assuming a max of 4 party members all you need is 4 variables for storing their position.
Then it's just to map the value of each variable to a particular actor.
You might have to use 1 or 2 additional 'temporary' variables when shifting and moving around.

You are just making it more complex than is needed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:08:27 AM by Zeriab »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ack! You're right. The position can't be determined with events alone. >< And it's probably just complex because it's the first thought that popped into my head without thinking about how to simplify it :P

Rep:
Level 85
i like it, but cant you post more screens? from when he loses mp en hp