RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Speed Changing Script [Resolved]

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I'm basically Yoda's brother
i need a script that i can use with "call script" in an event that increases your hero's speed of movement by little.

i dont want to use "move event" and then choose "change move speed" because that only goes up by big intervols. i only need him to speed up a little bit. something like:
Code: [Select]
movement speed += .1
or something like that (i dont know the correct syntax)

if anyone can help, that would be great!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 11:25:27 PM by fadark »

just so everyone knows, im 15 years old.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
is this even possable? gecause nobody is saying anything

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
anyone there? this is a simple (i think) script. it would only take a min to help me

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
use a paralell common event to detect a key change, if the key is pressed, increase move event (player) increase move speed.
that should work
(I just came up with that off the top of my head so if it dosen't sorry)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
that wont do. because i need my speed to change only a tiny bit (forever) when i talk to a spesific event

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
it will increase forever....set move route: Player, change speed = 4
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
i know, but i only want his speed to increase a tiny bit (not one whole speed count. just .1 or something) which is why i think i need a script..... and why this is in the "script" section of the forum. not to be rude, but can anyone here script that for me?

i need it to be able to function in "call event" in an event

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
have you ever tried speed 4? it's EXACATLLY what you want. If there was anything less then it , it would be 3 which is normal speed. 4 is a small small gain

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
dood, i already told everyone here: the 1-2-3-4-5-6 speed settings are too big intervols for what i want. this is what im doing, maybe then you will understand:

im making a sphere grid by (like in ff10) using events. when i have a sphere, i can activate a sphere node which increases one of my stats by a set amount (hp, sp, agi, dex, int, etc.). i have about 25 "endurance nodes" which increase my hero's movement speed by a tiny bit. there are 25 of these nodes, so i obviousley cant use those large increments of 1-2-3-4-5-6 because i would get to fast after using just 2 or 3 nodes. i need a "call script" script that increases my movement speed by a tint tiny tiny bit. (like, .1 insdead of 1)

now do you see what i mean?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
that's ATON better.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
heh. maybe now people will know what im talking about.

anyone know how to do this?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
now see, if you said that in the first place then it would have been a lot easier to help you.

I'm guessing that(this is pseudocode here)
you'd need to have it check to see how many endurance nodes are added, then
find the character's speed variables, then increment them by .4 * number of nodes or something.

also, are you doing your sphere grid system with events or scripts?

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
okay, but i dont know the correct syntax, so i need someone to make me the script.

and im using the sphere grid system with events. not the script

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
then you'd still need a paralell common event so that it always checks how many you have
you'd also need to make it so that when you equip or un-equip an endurance sphere, an enduranceVariable increases or decreases to keep the paralell event working properly

also (why 25?)

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
you dont get it. you can't equip the endurance shperes. you use them, then they go away forever but your speed increases forever.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ok, then you'd need to make the item call a common event to increase the player's movement speed

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
you dont get them and then use them from the item menu. you use a sphere on the endurance node that is on the map and your speed increases

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
can someone do this?

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
i guess its either impossable or everyone hates me.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Try going into game character and right underneath
  attr_reader   :through                  # ????
  attr_accessor :animation_id             # ??????? ID
  attr_accessor :transparent              # ????
near the top, stick this on the next line
  attr_accessor :move_speed

Then... in the event, for your script call, try
$game_player.move_speed = $game_player.move_speed + .1

That's the only way I can think of doing it.  That's assuming that the game can even process a move speed with a decimal value.  I'm not sure if the game does movement in integers or not, but try that out.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Well, I'd just like to bring up the topic of "3 Strikes and You're Out." Also, this is just a thought that appeared while reading through this. What if the game didn't allow you to change speed by just a tiny interval? I'm not sure, but you can choose to look through the scipt :P Also, if speed increased forever, in a couple of seconds, wouldn't you be able to just zip through from one end of the map to another in one press of the key?

EDIT: DANG! He beat me to my thought XD

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
it freaking worked! Sweet! You rock! do you know how much you rock? You rock like a boulder! (lol). at first i didnt think it could work with decimals because i got a syntax error. but thats because it looked like this:
$game_player.move_speed =
$game_player.move_speed + .1

but when i changed it to this:
$game_player.move_speed =
$game_player.move_speed + 0.1

it worked! yay! thank you!

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Cool, glad to hear it, good luck

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
thanks! You too!  ;D