RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] My Collection of Systems (Event Based)

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
RPG Maker XP Systems

===================================================================================================
===================================================================================================

Player Owned Businesses

Version 1.0

Version 1.0 Features
  • Purchasable Businesses
  • Choice of Product you want to sell
  • Employee Wages
  • Business income at a fixed time
  • Can be customized to fit your needs

Features Coming Soon
  • You can choose multiple products to sell
  • Business income at 15min-1hour intervals
  • Chain Businesses
  • Investors
  • Business Financing/Loans
  • Restocking Shelves Manually (Optional)
  • More products to sell

How Does it work?
First, you must purchase the business from the real estate agent standing next to it, for the price he/she offers. You then must choose a product for it to sell. In the future version, you could be able to choose multiple products to sell. The product chosen requires a refill fee. This refill fee, and the employee wages will be cut from your business income. You will continue to get income, unless you decide to sell your store.

Financial Loans

Version 1.0

Version 1.0 Features
  • Different Loan Amounts

Features Coming Soon
  • Time Limits and Infractions
  • Business Financing
  • Home Financing
  • Item Lending

How Does It Work?
Walk upto the person, and he'll ask you if you want a loan. If yes, then he'll give you certain loan amounts to borrow. You can't get another loan, unless you've paid off your first debt. Partially Customizable.

Grand Theft Auto Style Package Finding

Version 1.0

Version 1.0 Features
  • A Simple way to find packages

How Does This Work?
You search for a chest. You find a chest. You open it and find a reward with the chest. Also, collect all chests, you will recieve a large reward in doing so. It is fully customizable.

Player Housing

Coming Soon!

Credits

Player Owned businesses
Zeriab
Ruhani777

GTA Packages
Ruhani777

Loans
Ruhani777

Player Housing
Irockman1
Ruhani777

NOTE: All of this can be found in the demo provided below. Our housing system isn't fully finished yet, and our business system still need fixing to do.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:07:07 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Not bad, a bit too simple though as in not really much stuff.

Rep:
Level 87
well how do you want it improved? lol? I could do that. I was thinking about land rent, the end result would be a bit more challenging, and less money.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Maybe make it a factor that someone can break in or maybe not

and also you could make it so if you talk to people and tell them about it, it will increase the amount of money you get

Rep:
Level 87
also you could make it so if you talk to people and tell them about it, it will increase the amount of money you get

sounds interesting, explain more.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Well you could have a variable that increases everytime you talk to someone about your business, when the variable(people you talked to) reaches a certain number your profit is increased

Rep:
Level 87
you get business cards from your bank, (only if you own at least one business). then give a person one business card. after you've given all the cards, you get extra money. Because increasing wage is difficult, and it'll be time consuming, heck, this took me 1 1/2 hours to make, excluding fixing the glitches. Also, I'm not trying to have it so that the player gets alot of cash immediately, because then the player'll have access to good weapons and armour.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah... I don't get how it works.

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
The girl is just there to give cash for test the feature. If you buy the buisness, you get a set amout of money every, I don;t know munute or two? I suppose you could set it for longer times of even a variable time. I see potentioal in this feature. It remeinds me of FF8 withthe Seed ranks. You didn't get money from monsters, but from Seed and you increased your money from paycheck by answering questions on a test to increase your rank, I think.

If you could set the tick time to like every 15-20 minutes and make side quests in the game that would allow you to expand your buisness or even make a chain of buisnesses in different towns and cities, thereby increasing you profit, that would be sweet. Maybe to set up a new buisnessm, you have to research what the townspeople want or need in a shop and have to go find a source for the item.

This is a really cool thing you've made here!
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Nice idea you got here!  :o
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
thanks for the comments, right now i'm trying to see how much time 999 frames takes up. Then i'll set an appropriate time for the wages.

If you don't get how it works, then here it is, i promised i'd give a thorough explanation.

You buy a business for 10,000g. You must choose a product for your business to sell (Don't worry, i'll have more products for sale). That product requires a certain refill fee (100r, 200r, 300r etc.) depending on the product. So that refill fee, is for when every 2 minutes or so, the store restocks itself, and is cut from your pay, as well as the employee wages.

But, to make it a little more challenging, perhaps i could make it so that you could go into the business, walk upto the shelves, and stock it with whatever you wish? Then if the stores run out, you'd have to go buy the product from a merchant or whatso ever?

Think about it, and see if this would kill the idea, or make it challenging, or make it better what so ever.

Rep:
Level 87
I think that having the player restock it manually is a bit much. If a person is playing a game, they may not want to micromanage a buisness when there is questing to do. Now, if you could set up couriors in different towns that could run messages to your shop, telling your employes what to do, then it might work, as long if its not too complicated.

I think this should be used as an alternative to monsters droping gold (like FF8). If you put too much into the shop, it will become a game in itself, which will take up player's time. Unless you want the game story to surround the shop in some big way.

Rep:
Level 87
you're right, this could be an alternative to monsters dropping gold. also, i found a major glitch that screws this up. Parallel events restart when you transfer maps, so im gonna have to fix that. This restart means you'll have to wait the 2 minutes all over again in order to get your money. So this is a major issue. Because of this, i'm planning on having to let the player collect the money himself, instead of automagically getting the money. This is for now, but if i can find a better resolution, then yes, i'll stick to the automagically money collecting.

Rep:
Level 87
How Does it work?
First, you must purchase the business from the real estate agent standing next to it, for the price he/she offers. You then must choose a product for it to sell. In the future version, you could be able to choose multiple products to sell. The product chosen requires a refill fee. This refill fee, and the employee wages will be cut from your business income. You will continue to get income, unless you decide to sell your store.

Ack! Change the color! It burns us, buuurnnssss us!

So the restart thing means that if you had the interval set at 15 mins it would restart back at 15 min everytime you switched maps? Well, you'll figure it out. I have every confidence in you, person I just met today.

Rep:
Level 87
I'm working on it right now, just give me a couple days or so, i have someone helping me on this. also, if all else fails, the player will just have to collect the money theirselves.

Rep:
Level 88
all iahve to say is wtf
w0rd

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
WWHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP !??
I bought something and than what...
WAIT ?
Whats it about dude..

I buy things and than what ????

Rep:
Level 87
WWHAT THE HELL IS THIS CRAP !??
I bought something and than what...
WAIT ?
Whats it about dude..

I buy things and than what ????

You bought your own item shop in the game which earns you money. This is used as an alternative to monsers droping money when you defeat them as most monters probably don;t carry wallets. If you want an example, play FF8, the seed rank and paycheck is eccincially what Ruhani has made here, but has a different feel and can be expanded on if the game maker wants to.

Rep:
Level 87
Thank you for explaining, i made it so that this could be fully customizable. Any improper editing could screw this up, keep that in mind.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I teach Ruhani how to event and I can say that the problems are fixable.
You must all consider this as work in progress.

When we are finished you should be able to customize most of the system by altering certain variables and there should be documentation on how to use and modify the system.

Just know that my plan is to making Ruhani able to all this alone. The effect is a delay in the systems completion.
I would like you to keep commenting as comments can be very valuable. Especially applications of the idea.

@Ruhani:
Sorry for hijacking your thread.
Expect a pm in a couple of days. I am in the process of planing how and what I should teach you.

- Zeriab

Rep:
Level 87
As soon as I learn from zeriab, I Should be able to improve this, and thus i'll add more features, so we're making a nice version 3.0 of my system.

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
i agree with bulls. a little dull but you getting there
For Free Web Design, E-mail us at freewebdesign@gmail.com

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Ive got to say. I know I said cool idea before...but when seeing future features I really have to say NICE WORK. This is a sweet idea...maybe you can continue and make an intire sim's starter pack....but maybe that's asking too much xD.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
supsup
YA that'd be awesome!
For Free Web Design, E-mail us at freewebdesign@gmail.com