RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make a summon spell in RMXP without using scripts!

Quote from: Rikkuholic
in the common events box, make a fork condition, for the hero to be afflicted with the condition of Ice-Wolf (I will use Ice-Wolf for demonstration purposes). No else case. Within the fork, insert a change party command, removing the member who is inflicted with the condition (the summoner) and make another one to replace him/her with the Summon Being. Then change the summon's condition to the corresponding condition. The code should look like this:

<>Branch if *Summoner* *Ice-Wolf* Condition
<>Change Party Members: *Summoner* Remove
<>Change Party Members: *Ice-Wolf* Add
<>Change Cond: *Ice-Wolf* *Ice-Wolf* Inflict
<>
: End
<>

Repeat the above for each summon, changing the condition and party member added. So, in addition to Ice-Wolf, the Summoner can summon Fire-Fox, Spark-Rabbit (lol) and Plain Dragon. the code would read:

<>
<>Branch if *Summoner* *Fire-Fox* Condition
<>Change Party Members: *Fire-Fox* Add
<>Change Cond: *Fire-Fox* *Fire-Fox* Inflict
<>
<>Branch if *Summoner* *Spark-Rabbit* Condition
<>Change Party Members: *Spark-Rabbit* Add
<>Change Cond: *Spark-Rabit* *Spark-Rabbit* Inflict
<>
<>Branch if *Summoner* *Plain Dragon* Condition
<>Change Party Members: *Plain Dragon* Add
<>Change Cond: *Plain Dragon* *Plain Dragon* Inflict
<>
<>

Now, you can use this code to create as many Summons as you wish.

Remember to add your summons as heroes before you begin. The codes here, are to be put into "Common Events"
The remove *summoner* is only needed if you have 4 members in your team battling. If you want to have the summoner battling together with your two other team members and you'r summon, make sure you have them in this order:

1. Summoner

2. Party member

3. Party member

4. Aeon/Eidolon (whatever you call your summons) Also in the common event section add this (i was eksperimenting with it, and i am not taking credit for the summon tutorial):

<>Conditional Branch: Hero [Alexia] (my summoner) [Alexander] status
    <>Play SE: 'Teleport01', 80, 100
    <>Change Party Members: [Alexander] add
    <>Complete Healing: Entire Party
    <>Change Skills: [Alexia], - [Alexander Summon]
    <>
<>Else Handler
<>
<>End

The <>Change Skills: [Alexia], - [Alexander Summon] is for making you unable to re-summon it so you have TWO summons. Remember to remove ALL SUMMON SPELLS because you must be unable to summon two summons.

Now the tricky part:

<>
<>

Repeat the above for each summon, changing the condition and party member added. So, in addition to Ice-Wolf, the Summoner can summon Fire-Fox, Spark-Rabbit (lol) and Plain Dragon. the code would read:

<>
<>Branch if *Summoner* *Fire-Fox* Condition
<>Change Party Members: *Fire-Fox* Add
<>Change Cond: *Fire-Fox* *Fire-Fox* Inflict
<>
<>Branch if *Summoner* *Spark-Rabbit* Condition
<>Change Party Members: *Spark-Rabbit* Add
<>Change Cond: *Spark-Rabit* *Spark-Rabbit* Inflict
<>
<>Branch if *Summoner* *Plain Dragon* Condition
<>Change Party Members: *Plain Dragon* Add
<>Change Cond: *Plain Dragon* *Plain Dragon* Inflict
<>
<>

Now, you can use this code to create as many Summons as you wish.

Remember to add your summons as heroes before you begin. The codes here, are to be put into "Common Events"
The remove *summoner* is only needed if you have 4 members in your team battling. If you want to have the summoner battling together with your two other team members and you'r summon, make sure you have them in this order:

1. Summoner

2. Party member

3. Party member

4. Aeon/Eidolon (whatever you call your summons) Also in the common event section add this (i was eksperimenting with it, and i am not taking credit for the summon tutorial):

<>Conditional Branch: Hero [Alexia] (my summoner) [Alexander] status
    <>Play SE: 'Teleport01', 80, 100
    <>Change Party Members: [Alexander] add
    <>Complete Healing: Entire Party
    <>Change Skills: [Alexia], - [Alexander Summon]
    <>
<>Else Handler
<>
<>End

All these codes must be placed in the Common Event section. One section for each summon. Now: Make statuses named after the Summons. Make skills that inflict these statuses and that calls your summons common event. Remember to leave the statuses blank. Enter battle, and use the skill and v

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Thanks for posting...too bad I don't have XP so I cant test it, someone mind doing that?
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

I did test it, and i can put up a demo here :)

Can sumbody plz sticky this thread as it's alot of requests for summon tuts.

Rep:
Level 91
the demo dont work.

no, i upated the game. just run it after downloading zip file, and the system files i included ain't workin, so u must download RMXP if you wanna try it.

http://www.martinsgamegallery.net/Power%20of%20the%20Heatrs2.zip

This file should work.l

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
The link doesnt work

Rep:
Level 91
ok i did try and it had a lot of misplanning in it
so i took my freedom to change and improve a thing or 2 if you don't mind..
i made a simple game file to show you what it looks like when it got the following:
a. 2 members
b. 2 diffrent summons- only one of each at a time, when one is dead it can be resummoned, 1 member can only contol 1 summon
c. a healing summon- full party heal +staying once a battle for any of the heros, a hero can summon it even if he got a summon on the field already
d. no more than 4 members allowed(no lose of summons or sp but you lose a turn)

1 thing i find imperfect is that when you lack the conditions i mentioned you will lose a turn seeing why you lost your turn
can any1 show me a way not to lose a turn while doing so?

anyways link:
http://z18.zupload.com/file.php?filepath=6789

just extract it in your games folder in rmxp

i can't be stuffed telling you what i did step by step, look at it and if you have questions ask.

rikku- thanks a lot for the great idea of the basic summoning i am going to put it in my game for sure ^^

edit: forgot to say- get your head stuck in the nice npc guy to get the battle started :P
holy shit my sig was big!

Sorry, my domain is really bad at the mo. Thanks for providing the demo for me, and thanks for testing out, and helping me out. Thanks :D

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Well it would be alot easier to do the script  :^^:

But its cool ,nice  :D

THough im sure you can make it alot smaller, just by using common events, im gonna look into this  :wink:

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: dwarra

THough im sure you can make it alot smaller, just by using common events, im gonna look into this  :wink:

smaller? :O
yeah go work on it and shout it out loud  :^^:
you'll be saving me like 2-3hours in total of copying and pasting the same lines over and over again Xx

hurry up or ill send hamsters after you :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 89

Current Project: Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee

Rep:
Level 91
Quote from: Shakespeare
Well i sorta did but mines for pets

http://rapidshare.de/files/9119309/BlueXx_s_Challenge.rar.html

nope sorry , you failed to improve it

what you did is removing everything i added over rikku's events which means:
1.2 people can't learn the same summon
2. if they magicly do that there can only be 1 pet in the field ( i did condition it in mine if my memory doesn't fail me, but conditions are removable if you want to allow such a thing)
3. no checking for "if there are 4 "heroes" then...
4. no removing
5. no disallowing resummoning while the summon is still on the field (i am almost sure i did it i am too bored to check)

and so on and so on and so on..
you basicly went back to rikku's basic event, that's not better for as far as i can see...

as for the rest of your pet system, check where i challanged you i will post there asap

oh and each pet summon can only be summoned once cus you simply didn't remove dead pets which is annoying, they are summons they are supposed to die and come back again and again...

+ you can't summon a 3rd pet even if 1 of the first is dead which is annoying but i solved it in my event (for as far as i remember, like i said i am too bored to check)