RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] What games made you want to be a game maker?

Rep:
Level 87
Is that a pocket dimension? Indeed!
What are the games that you thought were so great that you wanted to duplicate that same feeling you felt when playing it? These are the games that you will take the time and trouble to dust off the old consoles to play again.

One of my fav RPGs and one of my fav games on the snes is a game called "Illusion of Gaia." and not just because the main character and I share the same first name. Great characters, great story, great visuals.

And the scene where hamlet (the pig) throughs himself into a fire, sacrificing himself to save his frends and feed the starving villagers...Only Aeris' death shook me more in a videogame. And hamlet was just a pig with no lines! But he was a pig with spunck. Good night, sweet prince!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:49:10 AM by modern algebra »
I apologize in advance for all spelling errors...

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Romancing SaGa 1 or 3 along with any Megaman X game. Too bad I can't use Game Maker for the life of me, though.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
About Everything I guess...Mostly The Final Fantasy Series, KH, Chrno Cross, .Hack//Series, Etc, etc, etc.

But the 1st 4 Above are the main reasons =)

Rep:
Level 87
Earthbound. I can't explain exactly why, I was just hooked on it.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Mega Man X, Earthbound...Guilty Gear...Oh lord, how can I NOT want to make games?!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Betrayal at Krondor, Shimimg Force 2, Skies of Arcadia

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
final fantasy series.. specialy FF VII :D
i still haven't recovered from aeris death  :'( :'( :'(

i'm not joking!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Legend of dragoon.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Ah! I know this one:
Miss Pac man!

...I'm NOT kidding: i was around 5 years old when i saw the arcade, and some older bullies drove me off... since then, i sweared that i would be a game maker and make games for people to play at home, bullies free.
 From the first generation, i always got stunned by the quality difference from arcades and home consoles... this feeling always got me going , somehow :P
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rep:
Level 88
*yawn*
Warcraft 1 2 and 3
All the Elder Scrolls games
Halo
Duke Nukem
Goblin Commander
Half-Life
But most of all, Warcraft 1: Orcs Vs Humans <----- Best game of all time until 3 came out. Then Gears of war, but thats not what motivated me.
I wanna work for Blizzard when im old enough, World Designer :D

Rep:
Level 87
Ah! I know this one:
Miss Pac man!

...I'm NOT kidding: i was around 5 years old when i saw the arcade, and some older bullies drove me off... since then, i sweared that i would be a game maker and make games for people to play at home, bullies free.
 From the first generation, i always got stunned by the quality difference from arcades and home consoles... this feeling always got me going , somehow :P

*Chuckles*
Bullies at Miss Pacman, that's funny.......

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Doing some bad things while looking at her I bet. XD

Rep:
Level 87
*As bully* "Yeah, Jeb, look at her gobble down those fruits...."
*As second bully* "Yeah, Reb, she's like a fruit beast...."

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Mmmm... i was 5 years, the bullies where double my size, so they would have something like...
 8 years old?  ;8
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rep:
Level 87
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Golden Sun 1&2, and Tactics Ogre. 100%, the best, most addictive, most PLAYALLNIGHTUNTILYOUBEATCHAPTER14 games ever.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Let's see,
Final Fantasy VI (or III if you still live in the past)
Arcade Games like Galaga and Galaxian
Doom
Doom 2
Spyro the Dragon (this one because 2 guys made it in their basements; and I figured
that I could make games like that ;D)
and Age of Empires

edit: I forgot, Parasite Eve
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 03:20:17 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
You know, I need to go back and play FF 3-6. I think they are the exactly the type of RPGs we should use as reference for how things should be done right.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
lol, glad someone agrees with me on that one ;D
all I normally get from people is

"OMG WTF BBQ U SEAY SOM GAEM BE11S BETER THNA FF7EVEN?!?!!!1!?!111111111! YUU L14R NOT KONW GAEM STUFF!"

Rep:
Level 87
Well, FF7 is my favorit of the series becuae it was the one that I had to buy a ps1 for and I played, and played that thing. When I first got my system, I didn't have a memory card for it and it was incmpatable with my TV so the screen bounced and I still played ff7 for 3 days after school without the ability to save until my dad sent it in to get a chip put in so the screen wouldn't bounce. I havn't all the earlier ones so I really can't say that ff7 is the best of all, but it is still my personal fav.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yeah FF7 was really really innovative, but I like FF6 story and Esper system
6 in particular made me want to make RPGs

pokeball AiROffline
Rep:
Level 87
None.  Music is my inspiration.
"The Optimist believes that we live in the best possible world. The Pesimist fears this to be true."

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
The Final Fantasy series.
Boy do I love them.
I have every one released on playstation. So thats like all of them except 3.
I have most of the DVDs. A large Tidus toy. A FFVII necklace, ring and sword.

And FFXI.

Rep:
Level 88
... Person above me is crazy XD

Me been imspired by nothing. Just daily life and imagination.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Excuse me? Im not crazy!
In a few years they will be worth alot.