RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Requesting for a custom CMS - Party Management / Item bank script

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Ok, here is how I want to change it, first I want to remove the "Save", since I will just set up some saving points in the game. Then I want to add some Sub menu in the item, "Items" which obviously have usable items like potions and recovery items, "Mixture" for mixing items or items used in battles that need to make skills work, and "Keys" which is for key items. And a menu for managing a party, "Switch" which change the party members which you can manage the party.. and when the battle start, you can switch party member.. and thats it.

And one last thing, a item bank script, Im planing to have many items, which have many uses. Only bank items and Mixture.

Sorry if Im asking so much, but Please, help me with this.. Thanks!

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
You can find a Party Changing System here
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7200.0.html
To remove save or change it to a different command...
Find these lines...
Code: [Select]
    s1 = $data_system.words.item
    s2 = $data_system.words.skill
    s3 = $data_system.words.equip
    s4 = "Status"
    s5 = "Save"
    s6 = "Exit"
Change Save to whatever you like or just remove that option completely...
make sure to change the options under this to (if they are s6 then change them to s5... or s7 to s6 etc)IF you have taken out the option completely

Then find this line segment underneath those lines...
[s1, s2, s3, s4, s5, s6]

If you have removed the option then change this to
[s1, s2, s3, s4, s5]

Find...
      when 4  # ???
        # ????????
        if $game_system.save_disabled
          # ??? SE ???
          $game_system.se_play($data_system.buzzer_se)
          return
        end
        # ?? SE ???
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
        # ??????????
        $scene = Scene_Save.new
If you have taken out Save then delete these lines and change
      when 5
to
      when 4

if not then change it to
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
        $scene = !!!!!!!!!.new
Where !!!!!!!!! is the name of the script you want to call

As for everything else i'm completely clueless... sorry

I hope this helps ;)
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

I got some questions, can you open it on the main menu? and can it hold around 30 people? and how can you change the size? I just want to put the face.

Sorry and thanks!

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
It can hold 9 reserve party members plus your whole main party, possibly more... i'm not sure, i'l have to check.
To call it from the menu... first call the script Scene_PartySwitcher (it doesn't work otherwise for some reason) and follow the steps i mentioned earlier
By the way... those lines are all found in Scene_Menu
There is an option after the instructions in the script that lets you choose whether to use sprites or faces... set it to true to display the faces... if you resize the faces to around 80 x 80 pixels (possibly 92 x 92) they'll fit... you don't need to resize the window
There is also an option after the instructions to set your max party size and it works past 4

Again... I hope this helps

[EDIT]
Yes, it works with 30 characters

Plus... remember when you call a script to disable a party member (all instructions on how to do this are in the script)... it doesn't like any party members after the number 7 so instead of "008" you'd just type "8" and instead of "025" you'd just type "25" etc... but with members from "001" to "007" it really doesn't matter... i think...

(Why do I babble on about nothing?)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:48:35 PM by Rune »
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Nono, everything that the person says about these things I take it serious, every small details matter to me. Thanks!

All that left is item bank and CMS ;/

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Well... you can find a bank script plus more here...
http://home.comcast.net/~dcwikman/
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Thanks, All thats left is a CMS!

Btw, How can I change change the amount of item like 250 different kinds of item instead of all the items adding up to 250, so theres more room and things to bank.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:56:04 PM by mumerus »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
No idea... i've never found a use for a bank script...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Oh well.. how can I extend the maxium amount then?

BTW: Should I post up a mock off or get 25 post first.? >.<;
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:58:01 AM by mumerus »

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Hmm you might have to tamper with the script for that matey...
As for the CMS, you might want to use Blizzard's Stormtronics CMS... that has the item menu you're looking for...but it doesn't have the 'mixture' ability... it has sort, but not 'mixture'...also i'm not sure how to add and remove commands for that CMS... sorry...

Also... I almost forgot >.<
After changing or removing the save option... find this line in Scene_Menu
    if $game_system.save_disabled
      # ?????????
      @command_window.disable_item(4)
    end
Remove those lines or change the 4 to a 0
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Actually, for mixture, is not for mixing, it have another seperate list of items that can be mixed (If you talk to the NPC for that) and items used in battle.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
You mean mixture is just for sorting items?
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Yeah, just the list, nothing more.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
Well... beyond a slight bit of editing... i'm useless at scripting... sorry, I can't help you there
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Its ok, you actually been a serious help to me, I got the bank system working on my game now.
A friend of a friend is making the CMS for me, so everything it actually going seriously well.

Thanks alot for all your help Rune!

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
You're welcome ;) i'm only alive in the world so I can help... that's a pretty strange purpose...
Sincerely,
Your conscience.