RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Skilled Member Recruitment

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I understand, I thought that you guys needed another. Sorry I wasted your time. If anyone decides to quit let me know.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
First of all Irockman, the cave layout is actually pretty impressive.
The thing is, we already have three mappers, not including myself. So, sorry, it's a no.

I think you are doing this wrong Darklord..
If we need to Band together it doesn't mean we can stop recruiting people because he is a mapper and there are 3 of them already.
If this is really needing to go 1 big Sort off Clan to help people with RPG maker than mappers are needed the most due to games exist of maps only practically..

Well thats my say to it hope this turns out great and maybe ill join later :D

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Too many people make keeping a team together impossible, I know this very well. I won't have time to check over 6 people every week.

Besides, the guilds failed, did you forget that? Three dedicated mappers is way more than we need.

And we want the skilled peopel to work together, not mediocre people.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
    * Position: Story Writer
    * How long you have used RpgMaker: Around2 years.
    * Examples of work: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,14462.0.html --One of many stories/ beginning stories. Just a basic layout since the other things I write are in script form (Tv/game script form. Can't write novel-esque way very much.)
    * Modes of Communication: MSN.
    * Why you want to join: Cause I want to take my mind off of my own project once in a while. I also want to help Nouman and em out.

Hope that's alright. If not, then I tried.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Too many people make keeping a team together impossible, I know this very well. I won't have time to check over 6 people every week.

Besides, the guilds failed, did you forget that? Three dedicated mappers is way more than we need.

And we want the skilled peopel to work together, not mediocre people.
Mediocre? You're calling me mediocre when you have DAS? I bet you he doesn't even stay with the project. If you're just going to call me mediocre I don't even want to work with you. And DAS isn't any better than me and you know it.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Sorry, I'm afraid the answer's a no.

And why the hell you said no to him !?
He can do great stuff his mapping is good and he makes Icons as the best ...
Dude this isnt a beauty competition.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 08:22:15 PM by Snailer »

Rep:
Level 102
And sorry, but to make my point, compare my cave to Sion's.
DAS

ME

If I'm mediocre he's terrible.

Rep:
Level 88
Im no good mapper (Im best with caves tho) but easily Irockman beats the hell of Das's... So why didn't you accept him?
If I'm mediocre he's terrible.
Agreed. >:(

Rep:
Level 91
@Irockman: When did I call you mediocre? Never. If you read my post you'd know, I said I liked your cave layout but we just had too many people. Read my posts better, alright?

@Snailer: It is a competition idiot, why else do you think I'm not hiring everyone :P Do me a favor and stop posting here unless you want to apply, okay?

Rep:
Level 102
"And we want the skilled peopel to work together, not mediocre people."

It sounds like you turn down the mediocre mappers and you turned me down so that basically tells me you think my mapping is mediocre.

"It is a competition idiot"
If it's a competition and everyone agrees I'm a better mapper than DAS then why don't you hire me? Normally in a competition the best wins.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Not gonna argue, but Irockman1 has a great map going. You also said that this was a competition. And, as Irockman said, the best useually go through in a competition. I'm just saying...I don't really care.

I also want to know of myself. DO I qualify or not? Seems like you, Darklord, are one of the head people.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:00:48 PM by Lavata »

Rep:
Level 91
"And we want the skilled peopel to work together, not mediocre people."

It sounds like you turn down the mediocre mappers and you turned me down so that basically tells me you think my mapping is mediocre.

"It is a competition idiot"
If it's a competition and everyone agrees I'm a better mapper than DAS then why don't you hire me? Normally in a competition the best wins.

I don't give a shit what everyone else thinks. I care what me, Nouman, and the other team memebers think. Personally, I don't think there's a big difference in the damn maps. He posted first, so he got in.

First of all Irockman, the cave layout is actually pretty impressive.
The thing is, we already have three mappers, not including myself. So, sorry, it's a no.

Read it and stop acting like a four year old. The answer's a no. Period.
I don't give a shit what everyone else thinks. I care what me, Nouman, and the other team memebers think.

Stop posting on this topic, alright?

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
This is all messed up already  ;9
Sounded like such good idea to me

EDIT: Dont read this post !
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 09:13:57 PM by Snailer »

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ba ha. People will argue no matter where you go, it's not ruined, or even messed up for that matter. It IS, after all, only a discussion/hiring thread.

Rep:
Level 91
Sorry you think that, now please stop posting here unless you care to apply.

Lavata, I'll look through your story when I catch Nouman on MSN.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Oh..and on a side not: That story is currently in use, as you should have guessed once entering the thread. It was only used as an exapmle to give a basic insight on what I could develope. Having other story writers will indeed help.

Rep:
Level 88
Position: Basic Storywriter
Position if my cave gets you: Cave maker
How long you have used RpgMaker: Around 4, 5, 6 weeks.
Examples of work:

Spoiler for:
Its original was...
Spoiler for:
Like the difference?
Modes of Communication: PM and Yahoo.
Why you want to join: No damn reason. XD

Can I join as a cave mapper and storywriter?

Rep:
Level 91
I really don't see a difference.....and you didn't post a storyline example....so it's no....

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I have a feeling that everyone took it the wrong way. Darklord said he was impressed with your map but bottom line is DAS had posted first. If DAS has to leave the team we have no problem accepting you Irock. We only want one person per type. We really needed a cave person so we got DAS, but we don't want TWO people on the same map due to different styles.

I have to say after reading it over 3 times Dark did not say anything wrong. also if we do turn someone down PLEASE no one get angry over it.

@ Lavata. So sorry this is just like what happened to IROCK, JAP had already submitted work for the writter position. I was sick and forgot to tell dark so he accepted your application.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Ah, so it's a no. Tis alright. I already knew that JAP submitted  work, I was just under the impression that there was more than 1 writer.

Anyway, I now say bye and go do a dumb assignment for writing class T.T

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Thanks for understanding. ALso if Jap is unable to do this task, then we will PM you and ask if you are still interested.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Am I accepted? O.o

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Apparently. Congratulations  ;8
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 11:40:53 PM by Lavata »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Am I accepted? O.o

Yes. we will PM you details once we sort it out.
Overall we just need a non-clinched overall plot as a start. We don't want a "choosen one" type of story. LOL i was going to link you to your clinched topic xD well try and use that as well. It's ok if it's now 100% non clinched...we know thats impossible, just we dont want an overplayed storyline.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
And please be detailed of what you want, like the format (paragraph/game script), the genre, etc.
Maybe you should leak some information about your game too, it may help.