RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Skilled Member Recruitment

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Project title: TBA

Darklord and I have noticed almost 100% of all new projects on this forum fail due to incompetent team members. Instead of starting new projects, we need to band together and make one.

What we need:
  • Music Composers
  • Spriters
  • Scripters
  • Mappers
  • Story Writer

• Position:
  • How long you have used RpgMaker:
  • Examples of work: (need at least 3 for mapping)
  • Modes of Communication:
  • Why you want to join:

Current team
  • Nouman
  • Darklord
  • Modern Algebra
  • Dark Angel Sion

We are accepting only skilled members to ensure the completion of this project. We will turn down anyone we feel does not meet the standards set by the current project team. Do not feel bad if you are not accepted into the game project, just keep working on your skills and submit another form later.

End note: This will not cancel any current projects I am making. Please do not ask questions about that here or anywhere else.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 12:32:54 AM by Nouman »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Also, if anyone's wondering, the reason why we don't have a storyline or anything else up, is because we feel that should be left to the storyline writers.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I agree. We won't hassle the story wirtter. Also If you can map only a certain type, then please mention that and only show examples of that map. Like if your going to only map caves, next to position write :
"Mapper - Cave interior"
- 3 cave interior map examples.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Position: Mapper
How long you have used RpgMaker: 2 years
Examples of work:

Modes of Communication: PM, MSN Messenger, E-mail (murphy_seamus@hotmail.com for both)
Why you want to join: No special reason. I just want to help make a good game. I don't know how in demand a mapper is with both of you guys in the project, but if I can do anything to help. I am also a good eventer (http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,12516.0.html), and I'd like to think of myself as a good story writer but I certainly have no examples of that, nor do I think I would have any good enough ideas for a project of this calibre.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Hey Modern, darklord and I were talking about you for mapping. We seriously believe you can help our project TONS. All we need to make our decision's final is a simple map of indoors. Even if you don't use you for an indoor mapper we would like to request to see one. BTW that snow path rocks!

Thanks.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Thanks, anyway, here is an example of an interior. It's just a simple house:

Rep:
Level 91
You're in if you agree for me to teach you indoor mapping.

Rep:
Level 97

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Question:
What exactly is Suppose to be this Project TONS?

Is it some Organization? =. I kinda bit Interest.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Well, I'm busy with Dawndusk and my novel but if you won't hassle story writer, I'm applying:
Position: Story Writer
How long you have used RpgMaker: like...  a month? No, less than that.
Examples of work: do writers need to submit this too?
Modes of Communication: PM, e-mail, MSN (warning: timezone problem)
Why you want to join: Because I want to help Nouman, one of my buddies.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Before we can say yes, It would be great if you can create a basic story idea as an example and PM it to me so then me and Darklord can review your skills.

thanks.
(also if you wish you can submit more then one for review)

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I decided to lend a Helping hand...since I might learn a thing or two in this Project then. I Can Sprite and Map, But if I am Spriting.

Position: Mapper or Spriter (Maybe even Both)
How long you have used RpgMaker: 1 Year.
Examples of work:

Mapping:

Spoiler for:
}

Spriting:

Spoiler for:

Modes of Communication: PM
Why you want to join: Repaying the Favor to Nouman.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:01:12 AM by Dark Angel Sion »

Rep:
Level 91
Let me make this clear, if you're not willing to stick with the project until the end, don't bother applying.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Thouse are great, but we are not accepting any temporary members. We need a team of under *6 members that are glued to the project.

I would Love to hire you as our cave interior mapper.

*estimate.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I wanna map!  ;D
I know I'm not amazing but I can get better. I'll throw something together if you need a recent screenshot of my work. Please o.o

I'll stay until the very end.

Rep:
Level 91
We are accepting only skilled members to ensure the completion of this project. We will turn down anyone we feel does not meet the standards set by the current project team. Do not feel bad if you are not accepted into the game project, just keep working on your skills and submit another form later.

If you can't match me or Nouman, don't bother posting an application, sorry.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Have you even seen me map at all?  :'(

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Thouse are great, but we are not accepting any temporary members. We need a team of under *6 members that are glued to the project.

I would Love to hire you as our cave interior mapper.

*estimate.
Very Well...I'll stick to end then.  ;)

I can delay my project, not like anyone out there is interested much in it ;=;

*Edits Application*

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Alright cool. Me and Darklord talked and we decided to add you as a mapper. Don't stress about the project as of right now, our process of finding a story writter and getting a story might take a while since we are trying to avoid the common Clinches. Also DAS you will be used for Cave interiors, and I will PM you every now and then to teach you my method of mapping other maps so you dont have that much different styles in maps.

Welcome on the team.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Alright cool. Me and Darklord talked and we decided to add you as a mapper. Don't stress about the project as of right now, our process of finding a story writter and getting a story might take a while since we are trying to avoid the common Clinches. Also DAS you will be used for Cave interiors, and I will PM you every now and then to teach you my method of mapping other maps so you dont have that much different styles in maps.

Welcome on the team.
Ok, now I say:
"Those About to Join This Project, We Salute You."

It would be an Honor to work with you guys then =D

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Position: MAPPER / (Icon Maker - as of late.)
How long you have used RpgMaker: uh... like a month? or maybe a little longer. (But I have a very large artistic background.)
Examples of work:
Spoiler for:
1.!

2.!

3.!  Nouman. I think you've seen this one  :P    hahaha

Modes of Communication:
AIM - Grafikal007
MSN - JBgrafiks
Email - JBgrafiks@msn.com
PMs

Why you want to join: 100% dedication and cause it'd be cool to work on a real game besides mine for once :D.

Oh Oh! and cause Nouman is cool  ;8

P.S. ! I make ICONS tooooo !    check it out at the shop later   ;D

P.S.S. I'm available:
(Mondays - 5:30p - 1a) (Tues. & Wed. - 11a - 1a) (Thur. - 5:30 - 2a) (Fri. - 5:30 - 2a) (And then like whenever on Saturdays and Sundays) (I have lotsa free time as of late :-\)
ALL IN U.S. EASTERN TIME ZONE.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 05:56:22 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 91
Sorry, I'm afraid the answer's a no.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
 ;9  ok! oh phooey...  :P       

[edit]change mind......?     maybe......?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 05:58:27 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 102
If you don't want me on the team I understand. But I would be dedicated 100% to mapping.

* Position: Mapper
    * How long you have used RpgMaker: Since early 2005
    * Examples of work:
Spoiler for:

It's 4:00am and I just finished the last map. I could have done more but I'm tired. And I'm not great on indoors.
    * Modes of Communication: Private message
    * Why you want to join: Because I enjoy being a part of something and helping create something others can enjoy. Mapping is also really fun for me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 04:11:55 PM by Irockman1 »

Rep:
Level 91
First of all Irockman, the cave layout is actually pretty impressive.
The thing is, we already have three mappers, not including myself. So, sorry, it's a no.