RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
...Changing main chars sprite... [REQUEST]

Rep:
Level 88
I dunno where to post this... But...

I wanna make a event where if a certain switch is on your characters spriteset changes... Theres a slight problem tho... I have no idea how... Help?

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Ok, first make a common event. Now set it's trigger to "Parrallel Process." Change the switch to whichever switch you're guna use for it. Now for the eventing. Choose "Change Graphic" and pick the character, walking sprite, and battler you want. This should solve your problems.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
common event or normal event.

using command: (I named the switch "Change"

ConditionalBranch: Switch"Change" is = on
 -Change Actore graphic to _______________

Irgna beat me while I was typing xD
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Lol, sorry.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
No, no need to say sorry. Good to know someone is also helping.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Actually... I lost the map after I deleted it by accident... I just re made the map... Amd now well... I don't have the event... But still this the way I wanted it to be setted out:

Set Move Route:
               Turn Up
Main char speech next:
                     Blah blah blah blah blag blah blah blah.. Yap yap yap.
Show Choices Yes No:
                    Yes:
                        Conditional Branch (School Over)
                                   When On:
                                           Change Player Graphic (New Char Set)
                                   Main Char Speech:
                                                    Perfect.
                                   When Off:
                                           I shouldn't... School ain't over.

If it is in bold... It doesn't work.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Just throw in there

<>Move Event: Hero
            :Change Graphic 'Your_Graphic'

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
What you put should work. Did you make sure it was set to the correct character?

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
In "Change Character Graphic," the first drop-down shows which character will have thier graphic changed. Make sure that says the correct character.