RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] The problem with Vista. Check here if you have Vista, before posting.

Rep:
Level 86
Well, for me, running it in compatibility mode has worked SO FAR.

If you're an advanced computer user, I could give you instruction on how to run XP as a virtual machine, and launch RPG maker from there, if you have an extra copy of XP lying around. It seems to me that just for RPG maker, it would be kind of time-intensive and space consuming, though.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I'VE GOT IT WORKING!!!!
I'm using vista home premium 32-bit,
if you really want too get rpg maker xp working what you need to do is:
1.buy or download demo from www.download.com,
2.Setup to desktop not original location-c:Programme files/enterbrain,
3.If you bought it then don't forget too put your serial in or it will expire after 30 days.
any questions email me at scheps@hotmail.co.uk.
P.S. PK EDITION DOES NOT WORK!!!!!

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
On mine it starts up but immediately just stops working( it literally just says that it has stopped working), running on Vista... I'm really starting to hate vista

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
On mine it starts up but immediately just stops working( it literally just says that it has stopped working), running on Vista... I'm really starting to hate vista

This is usual for PK, owever if you're running the legal edition then try switching to PK and vice-versa.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88

does it say RGSS has stopped working when you go to test play? if it does you need to change the config file as stated above...
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
I managed to download postility knights, but even if I run it as administraitor, it won't work.
How do you run a program in compatible mode?
And also, I can't find the ini file anywhere...... So I can't edit that.
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 88
I managed to download postility knights, but even if I run it as administraitor, it won't work.

the file is in documents/rpgxp/"projectname" and it is called: "Game" and the file type is configuration settings, change that file...
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

Rep:
Level 88

the file is in documents/rpgxp/"projectname" and it is called: "Game" and the file type is configuration settings, change that file...
Doesn't exist. It wouldn't give me a folder for rpgxp, just the program....

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
...it's in program files.

Rep:
Level 88
Already looked there.... :-[

Rep:
Level 88
I finally did get RPGMXP to work on my new computer with Vista.  But I'm still having one problem: when I playtest, the character/map movement is very jolty, not very smooth like on my XP computer.  Is this because of DirectX?  Surely the better processor and RAM should make it appear LESS jolty?  Is there a way to make it less jolty?  I am using 1280x800 resolution with a Nvidia card, if that matters.
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Give me your specs. It may be the computer.

Rep:
Level 88
Dell Vostro 1500, Intel Core2 Duo T5270, Vista Home Premium, 2GB RAM, 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Rep:
Level 88
You there, Irock?  Please don't abandon me!   :tpg:  I need to fix this!  Is it because of that DirectX 10?

Rep:
Level 88
An old "friend" of the site (hint: Cold) figured out the problem: I needed to go to the gameplay properties (click the game window icon and "Properties") and check "Smooth Mode" and "Reduce Screen Flickering."  No more jitters!  Hope this helps anyone else who had this dilemna too!   :)

Rep:
Level 87
im using vista 32bit and it wrks completely fine
w/ rmxp you have to right click and cliq run as adminstartor
w/ rmvx it wrks w/o this

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Sorry If I post this in the wrong spot but....
(I use Vista)

I just installed RPG Maker XP and it's set for the right resolustion, but when I do Click on it, it opens and it says "Failed to Obtain The Serial Number From the nTitles Server's"

Please PM Me
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 08:16:09 PM by Yubel »

Rep:
Level 87
If only life had HDR lighting... (sigh)
PK works fine on Vista H. Premium x64, simply change the library from 100j to 102E.

102E... almost magic, eh?
Awesome stuff.
And the games work fine if you change that too.

Rep:
Level 84
StarcrĂ…ft
Didn't bother reading any of this stuff but here is my summary of what ive been experencing!

1. nTitles is missing, you are not logged in as a user, only as a guest
2. RGSS file not found, reinstall it, thats what i did.
3. rgss101 (etc) (dont remember the numbers), if you move your program to a completely different computer, this will happen. (way to fix is: reinstall the rpg game from the internet on that other computer and keep your data from your map/game/adventure)
4. Trial has expired, either buy it, or get torrents. I suggest getting torrents, but if your a freak about viruses, buy it. It's $60.00

Rep:
Level 86
For Good RPG Games!
Didn't bother reading any of this stuff but here is my summary of what ive been experencing!

1. nTitles is missing, you are not logged in as a user, only as a guest
2. RGSS file not found, reinstall it, thats what i did.
3. rgss101 (etc) (dont remember the numbers), if you move your program to a completely different computer, this will happen. (way to fix is: reinstall the rpg game from the internet on that other computer and keep your data from your map/game/adventure)
4. Trial has expired, either buy it, or get torrents. I suggest getting torrents, but if your a freak about viruses, buy it. It's $60.00

I have problem number 1. How do I sign in as a user?

Rep:
Level 87
nTitles could also mean you transfered the program from somewhere else, but few ppl do that

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Added a fix for the "Failed to obtain serial number from N Titles server" bug.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
I'm sorry im bumping this old thread but i recently got rpgmaker xp on my vista cpu. It starts and then immediately quits. The problem i have is that I cant find the .ini file. there is a rgss player file called "game" which i expect is the file you are speaking of but I cant open it right.

I even tried opening this file in notebook but cant find the proper line.  Just a bunch of gibberish with a few things that are almost recognizable as a language. If needed I will upload a screenshot.

p.s. sry again for bumping this old ass post.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:46:51 PM by alcas »

Rep:
Level 87
the .ini file is the RPG Maker configuration settings file. It should have an icon similar to a notepad or the like

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Escape to the Stars
RPG Maker XP - Postality Knights Edition ENHANCED How do I make it compatible with Windows Vista Basic?
Run as administrator doesn't work.
I have no compatibilty tab and no enterbrain in program files.
The error I'm getting is "RPG Maker has stopped working."
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 10:12:41 PM by animefangel »

Before, I stargazed and read books by myself... I thought that's all I would ever want... But now... I feel lonely without you next to me.
Projects: (Working Titles)
The Demon Tree
Night Breed
Grimm's Law
(I could use all the help I can get.)
Thanks to my twin and my brother for their help with character design and music.