RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
BitTorrent

Rep:
Level 88
I recently got Azureus to download using BitTorrent, but my downloading speed is pathetic. According to the Azureus Wiki, the swarm speed is supposed to be lesser than my own download speed, but whenever I download, my download speed is never more than 35kb/s or so, while the swarm speed gets to more than  80. I've optimized all the settings according to my connection, and I'm downloading from a good Torrent; what could be the problem?

My setup is:

Windows XP Professional with SP2
Intel Pentium 3Gigahertz Processor
256k Broadband
No Router, as far as I know.

I used LvlLord's TCP/IP Patcher to increase my port limit from 10 to 50, and I optimized my settings to that.

Even though I have a 256k connection, I've told Azureus that the connection is 510k, since downloads happen faster that way.

Azureus seems to have problems with writing the data to the hard disk. I have errors titled Resume Data Save Fails: There is not enough space on the disk, write fails, flush fails, when I actually do have quite enough space on the disk. I told this to a technician, and he/she said that this happens when the download speed is faster than the data is written to the disk. I don't think my hard disk is having problems, though, because it's less than auyear old. I thought this might be useful.

That's about all I know. Any help would be useful.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I use uTorrent, its lightweight and easy to setup. All I had to do was portforward and I was set on great download speeds.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Even though I have a 256k connection, I've told Azureus that the connection is 510k, since downloads happen faster that way.

There's a reason there's different guidelines for a 256k connection and a 512k one.

the swarm speed is supposed to be lesser than my own download speed

Such a thing is impossible? How could everybody have that :/

and he/she said that this happens when the download speed is faster than the data is written to the disk.

Pretty sure no torrent on the planet is that fast =o It'd have to be going at over 300mbits =o

Since you've told your client that you're on a 512k conneciton, even though you're on a 256k one, it's probably telling the other clients in the swarm that it can upload so many peices to so many people at whatever speed, though since you're on half that, of course it fails to do so, which to the other clients, makes you look like a soulless leecher who's trying to download without uploading, so in turn, they set a choke flag on you and don't send you peices.

First off, delete Azerus, then get utorrent. Then set it to what your connection actually is =)
bringing sexy back

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Yeah, try uTorrent instead. It's a low-resource client. =)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I use plain BitComet

Is that bad :) ?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
It's banned on alot of trackers. Just use utorrent :/
bringing sexy back

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I attached a neat program

Rep:
Level 88
Such a thing is impossible? How could everybody have that :/

That's what the wiki says. http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Average_Swarm_Speed

All right, I'll try utorrent.

Thanks, Nouman, that program is nice.

EDIT: I tried out utorrent, and it seems somewhat better than Azureus; more reliable, in any case. But the error still keeps coming up: "There is not enough space in the disk." Even though the concerned partition still has 12 GB or so left. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Annoyingly, whenever this error occurs, all the unfinished pieces start over. *headdesk*

Or, at least, that's what the little progress bars tell me. The information given at the bottom says it resumes from the part where it had the error. Which one do I listen to? The screenshot is attached. As you can see, the information at the botm suggests that out of the 4 MB piece I've selected, 4.1 is downloaded. Or do I have no idea what I'm doing, like always? Bah.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 06:09:02 PM by .:Pyroken Serafoculus:. »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
That 4.1 MB at the bottom is how much you've uploaded to other users total during that particular session.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
Wow, 8gb?

So I'm guessing 2 disc DVD set and it's the DVD Images then?

If you're using an external USB hard drive it's likely formatted with FAT32, on which a file can't be larger than 4 Gibibytes (a little smaller than 4 Gigabytes). Since DVDs can be up to 4.3Gb maybe that's the problem. Or definately if it's a single 8.7GB dual layer ISO.

Just quit the torrent and look for a normal DVDRip.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Oh wow, didn't even notice the size of that LOL. Most movies I download (although I don't dl movies often) are only about 700-800 MB o_O Then again, I don't get the ones with the DVD features either.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Uhmmm... i still use Bitcomet, everthing works fine with it...
 The trackers ban don't happens too often, so i didn't care.  :-\
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I don't know much of the technical aspect, but once I opened a port for it, uTorrent was flying. I average at around 175k, and never once had a problem with it.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I normally get good speeds on torrents.