RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Help] RMXP - Editing Skill Damage Etc.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Well my goal is to make skills do damage by certain stats, and not just the default formula used in the Script Editor. For example, I would like a particular skill to do damage based solely on the Intelligence of the character, and another skill to do damage based on Dexterity. I was thinking maybe of a conditional statement checking if the particular skill was used, and using the formula inside the conditional statement to apply the damage instead if that skill were used. Any basic example structure of coding I might need to use?

Oh and if possible I would like to know how to call a particular skill. Like how is the skill stored in the game and how would I call it in the script editor? I'm guessing the 1st skill in the database is stored in the first spot of the skills array?

*edit*
Well I recently figured out how to do the damage formula, but still lost on how I would make each skill a different function in the script. An example would be like check to see if I used a skill named "Mind Slash", and if that is true, then the damage formula is "skill.int_f * 2" instead of say, "skill.power * 1.5" Pretty much the general idea is how to call a particular skill in the script editor. (Ex. The first skill defined in the database)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:20:18 PM by aznboi361 »