RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"vista" [solved] Problems when opening rpgmaker 2003

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I have rpgmaker 2003 and for some reason when i go to make a new project it tells me this:

Project creation could not be completed.

now i never had this problem before..  do you think it could be because i have windows Vista now?  Vista never said there was a conflict.. or compatibility problem.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:34:08 AM by Jinu »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Try Reinstalling the program.
If it still doesnt work, try re-downloading the program.

try crankeye.com

keep on trying..
Arlen is hot.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Perhaps it is the directory for the new project is invalid?

If it's relying on a folder that doesn't exist I could see that arising, try changing the path of new folders.

I have tried making a directory and pointing the create a project it still makes that error..

and i have downloaded many different ones.. I have downloaded the one from crankeye.com but i still find the same error ... I will try an uninstall it again and reinstalling it and see what happens..

does anyone else here have windows vista and running RPG maker 2003?

edit: nope still dont work.. i get the same error..
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 06:14:54 AM by Jinu »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91

does anyone else here have windows vista and running RPG maker 2003?

Actually, your the first one I've heard of, perhaps someone else with Vista can step in here?

I hope so.. I mean "I" could prolly just do stuff on my old 333 thats running xp really.. but my sister tho "is the reason why i am trying to get this to work."  Is getting this problem on her lap top.. and it is giving me the same problem on my desk top.. and well we are both running vista and having this problem so I am going to guess its a vista thing.. but if someone can confirm that for me that would be awesome.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Ok, I've been looking around and have found a few people that run Vista and play both 2k3 and XP without any problems,  although all of what you said seems to lead to a problem with Vista.

Vista is a new program and certain bugs will not have been found as of yet, while some people may have no problems in a certain area, others may. If the version of 2k3 you downloaded works on other operating systems, and you have installed it correctly then it sounds like a problem with Vista.

It would be more assuring if i didn't work completely as it still may be something wrong with what your doing.

Try this: bring over an old already created project and see if you can open it. If you can a quick solution would be to make an empty project on another computer, save it to disc and just duplicate the project every time you wish to start a new one.

we have already tried doing that with an RPG that a friend of mine had made.  It starts like it is going to open the game then it just quits.. with some other kind of error..

BUT!! RECENT DISCOVERIES (by myself of course) have shown that VISTA IS WEIRD!... in order to make RPG maker 2003 work in vista if it is giving this type of error you need to go to the file exe right click it and click compatibility and then check the box that says " run this program as system administrator" 

I guess poking around every little nook and cranny gets you somewhere.. maybe this site should note this vista error and post the fix some were in case someone else has this problem..

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I guess it comes down to Vista's new security thing. Glad you found an answer.

For now put "Vista" and "[Solved]" into this topics title (push the edit button of the first post and you will be able to change the title).