RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
--Legend of Dimensions-- RMXPpke [FULL DEMO v1.0]

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
hey whats up? This game (like in the title) is called Legend Of Dimensions. scroll down and read about it. its coooool  :P     [P.S. FULL DEMO JUST RELEASED]

INTRO:
Spoiler for:
ok, so i just recently put this intro into the full demo. its very similar to the intro, but it's changed a little from what's written here.

--titlescreen
--newgame
--cutscene- some text is faded in and out to tell a short story
--cutscene- a mysterious man in a cloak apears at the Ocana Kingdom Castle, some guards ask for his pass(he flashes it and proceeds)
--cutscene- the man appears before the king and his guards. (the man and king have some dialog. it becomes an arguement and the king orders the guards to seize the man.)
--quick cutscene- (i want there to be a shot where the room gets fades black and an image appears with red beady eyes. (like a close up of the man in the dark).)(so ideas would help with that)
--cutscene- the man explodes with power to destroy the guards. the man walks up to the king and says a few words then assassinates the king. then some more guards appear to the aid of the king, but he's already dead and then the man jumps from the castle window to escape before a battle occurs.
--cutscene- the Ocana Kingdom's council is gathered and they have some dialog about the assassination and then it's assumed that the Lors Kingdom was behind it.(Lor's kingdom will have a brief description soon)
--cutscene- troops being deployed
--cutscene- (cuts to the Lor's Kingdom and the king/guards) a messenger appears and tells the king that the Ocana Kingdom is planning to attack the northern borders of the kingdom.(messenger leaves) the king talks to himself a little bit and says that he may need more soldiers for the impending war.
--cutscene- troops being deployed
--cutscene- (finally to your main character)He's just out chillaxin by the water outside of his home town. (he lets ya know that he's hungry and should go back to town)
--play for a little- (YAY you get to play for like 1 minute)
--cutscene- (when you enter the town) a man walks up to you saying that a war has broken out between the Ocana Kingdom and the Lors Kingdom(which is the one you live in) and that the castle is looking for more soldiers. (man walks away) you speak to yourself sayin that you've always wanted to be a soldier. (so you eventually do...haha)

STORY:

this is just a rough idea, and its only  this |<->| short, but its this |<------------------------->| sweet.
Spoiler for:
also, if you read the spoiler in this section, it does give away part of the ending/twist, so if you don't wanna ruin it, don't read it. k  :)

-as the intro states, a war had begun between the two kingdoms of Ocana and Lors.
-as you play through, (not severely far in the game [and not in the demo]) you'll find yourself an option to travel in time through dimensions (hence "Legend of Dimensions") to go and stop the assassination of the Ocana Kingdom's King.
-you figure that if you can stop the assassination, the Ocana would have no reason to believe that the Lors Kingdom is planning an attack (which it's not/or wasn't at least)
-but to
(this one reveals a twist)
Spoiler for:
no avail, you're unable to stop the war, but not for lack of trying because you do kill the assassin. there were unseen forces at work there. It appears that the Ocana's King had had a preplanned attack on the Lors Kingdom and that in fact, the assassin was trying to stop this from happening. From your experience, you realize that it was fate and that you cannot change time. Then you go on a "hunt" to discover the real reasons/sources of the war and try to bring this war down.

CHARACTERS:
Spoiler for:
[you name him]

Sex: Male
Class: Swordsman
Personality: Pretty laid back. Calm most of the time.
Some Info: He always wanted to grow up and be a great warrior. He live in a small town called Hol. He enjoys relaxing by the water near his hometown.

Jox

Class: Mage
Personality: Undecided
Some Info: Undecided

Fros

Class: Ninja
Personality: Undecided
Some Info: Undecided

Isabel

Sex: Female
Class: Spearman(Spearwoman)
Personality: Pretty rash. Very bold. Big Ego.
Some Info: When you first meet Isabel, you don't know much about her. You only know what she tells you and even then you're not sure if its true. She's in this for something, but you don't know what.

**NEW SCREEN SHOTS**

SCREENSHOTS:
Spoiler for:

[edit]anytime you see arshes, just remember, he's not in the game, he was only there to take the screen shots (just a few of em).

Titlescreen:

staring area:

town of Hol:

entrance to Lors Castle:

castle library:

king's room:

the ENTIRE lake:

picnic area (north of the lake):

darkforest1:

darkforest2:

graveyard:

city of Maxra:

Maxra's inn (first floor):

entrance to Gravel Cave:

Gameoverscreen:

DOWNLOAD:
Spoiler for:

P.S.Now that the FULL DEMO is out, the only thing that will be updated are any mistakes made in the demo, and then the actual full length game. (don't expect the full length game to be out too soon hahaha. like i said, its a FULL LENGTH game  :lol:)

P.S.S. I cleaned up this post a lot, it may have been confusing before.

P.S.S.S. SUPER KUDOS to Nouman for fixing the crashing problem on Legal RMXP edition! ;8 ;8 ;8
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 04:58:12 AM by grafikal007 »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
-Arshes xD Hopefully you get someone else to be main person
-Game crashes after Game Creator talks.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
ah man, thas no good. why would that happen? any ideas maybe?

[edit] yea i intend to find a different sprite for the main character. everything in the demo is stock from the software.

[edit] a file maybe that i'm missing in that file? i don't know what one it would be.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 08:12:59 PM by grafikal007 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
when you playtest does it happen?

also what version of XP are you using, legal?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
it's fine when i play test.

im using Rpg Maker XP Postailty Knights Edition Enhanced ;8

[edit] well, im gunna try and just get rid of, or move, the events for those messages to a different spot on that map. maybe it has something to do with it's positioning. i wouldn't know why though. so i'll moves those and put the new link in soon. I'm ready to head out and see 300 again with some friends so i'll do it when i get back. I'll also throw up an -edit- so you know that i did it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:06:58 PM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 88
-.- Each and every one of my sprite sets are self-made with Backwater-Productions... Check it out. It doesnt make battlers yet tho...
http://www.backwater-productions.net/RMXP_CSG/index.php
---------
I am only posting this to stop you from using default sprites  ;8

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Here I added a readme on how to get it to work for non Postulate knights users. Tested and it works.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
-.- Each and every one of my sprite sets are self-made with Backwater-Productions... Check it out. It doesnt make battlers yet tho...
http://www.backwater-productions.net/RMXP_CSG/index.php
---------
I am only posting this to stop you from using default sprites  ;8

hah that's awsome, thank ya much!

[edit] i was checkin it out, is there someway there could be more of a variety of clothing? (besides the colors) it gets kinda redundant. ALSO, when i click 'save', where does it save too??? haha
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 02:37:25 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 88
When you press save a program called 'Windows Picture And Fax Viewer' should come up. Then right click on your set, and select edit. Then it will close and a 'Paint' screen will come up. Save your set and then import it in. and dadadaaa!!! You have a new set! Heres some examples of what you can accomplish:

Also, every Friday most things that were donated on (At least 15$) will be added. ;)

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
If you are using firefox is should have a lttle pop up saying it is d/ling to the desktop. If you use IE then a pop up should come up saying do you want to d/l etc. It can take awhile for these things to pop up.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
ahh ok. yea, cause i clicked save and waited a minute or so, but i guess that wasn't enough  :P  i was impatient
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:01:51 PM by grafikal007 »

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
should be less then a min O.o;

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
yup, it works. i use it a lot now. i ended up having to open EI then going to the page cause my default browser is msn and it doesn't save or nothing. so EI works. Thx again

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
 :lol: ok,    i'm working on adding more maps right now anyways, so i'll post some later tonight

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
oh hey, here's something cool. my roomate just remembered that his mac can record sounds/dialog/whatever, and we've decided that, instead of text for certain cutscenes, it'll be me or my roomate or my friends talkin as an ME in the game. (might make the file size larger) but it'll be pretty cool.  8)   

and when i get back tonight i'll have updated screenshots and battler pix, then i'll post the updated version of the demo. (i cut a lot of stock stuff out and put in some custom thingers (like music and stuffff) )

Rep:
Level 88
OMG! But make 2 versions, 1 for just text and another for you and your RM speaking.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
hah, awesome idea  :lol:

[edit] k, my stuff has all been updated so far, also a more updated demo has been put up
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 04:01:51 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 88
Neat player. I'm downloading now. Although the hair looks like you just recoloured Arshes LOL!

EDIT: Downloaded. I couldnt play cos it said it couldn't find the Character Folder and I aint lying but neither could I...

EDIT: PM me if you want to use my 15 char sets.  ;8

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
i looked into that char. problem. i think its cause i accidently just put the PGN file of that sprite into that file rather than importing it for use. so, its there, just not imported  :P

(haha, yea, it's arshes head   :lol:. I like the bandanna he wear's. It makes him a bit more of a badass 8))

i just fixed that here, so i'll have start uploading it and then post the newer new download  ;8   and it should be fixed

i'm on my hour lunch break from classes right now, so i'll let the uploading run and post when i get back

[edit]  okay! it should be good now  :D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 07:22:05 PM by grafikal007 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
look up a few reply's...see my attachment its the game...and its smaler then 5mb =/

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
look up a few reply's...see my attachment its the game...and its smaler then 5mb =/

yup yup, but that's the older version of this demo, i have an updated version. i added a dark forest, an easteregg cutscene/event, and have custom srites/battlers/updatedmonsters and such and such.  :P   the file size is probably affected by the .mp3 music i have playing for 1-my titlescreen, 2-the gameoverscreen and 3-the easteregg event.   I also had imported a few other songs, but haven't used them yet, and so i think those extra songs contribute a lot to the crappy size.  :(   

but its good to know that im workin on the City of Maxra right now and i've cut out those extra songs. so the size should be lower the next time

[edit]
and if you have highspeed internet, its only about a 13 minute download. (that's with the extra songs) im hoping it will be much lower with the subtracted 3 songs then. :-X
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:24:12 PM by grafikal007 »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol... Harkar... I was planning on using that battler for my game as an enemy. XD Well, I guess we can both do it :D

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
 :lol:  im still not sure if i'll use his battler, cause he does look more of an enemy than anything really. haha. He just looked so cool that i had to have him hahaha

[edit]also, the file size has been fixed. I knocked it down 20mb, plus there's more stuff anyway.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 01:28:14 PM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 88
Yes I'm double posting!! So shut the hell up about it!

A few errors:
1. For some reason I can't walk on flowers :(
2. Mapping mistakes; to be exact these:
Spoiler for:
3. You can walk on the bunny O.o
4. The bunnys walk on water!! :O
Spoiler for:
5. I can't go behind the tree. So therefore theres open spaces.
6. You don't need to know when you find a chest, it just starts to bug you.
7. After playing a few minutes it closes... :( Before you get to save...
8. FOR THE SAKE OF GOD CHANGE THE DAMN MENU AND FIX YOUR GRAMMAR IN ITEM DESCRIPTIONS!!!
9. Do you really need to sell so many items in the item store?
10. Shouldn't the mayor be doing work? LOL!
11. Don't do transfer player to go through doors unless its to a different map. Instead go on the second layer and get the carpet tile and put it on the layer 1 Roof Tile and you'll be able to walk through that area.
12. Why are you allowed to go to the basement of the mayors house?
13. MAKE YOUR OWN ICONS FOR TAILS AND SUCH!!
14. Make your speeches clear.
15. When you go to the inn shouldn't you appear near the bed?
16. All games have a starting skill... Why doesn't yours?
17. If someones reading a book make them mutter.
18. Why do I need a key when the door opens anyway?
19. As soon as I talk to the Captain for some reason the whole damn thing closes!

Thank you for your time :):(

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
 :P will do (all of it)  :)

Yes I'm double posting!! So shut the hell up about it!
 <---[i don't care  :P]

A few errors:
1. For some reason I can't walk on flowers :(
 [FIXED--i orginially intended them to keep you inside map borders, cause it feels kinda weird hitting the edge of a map and not going to a new one.]
2. Mapping mistakes; to be exact these:
Spoiler for:
[FIXED]
3. You can walk on the bunny O.o
[FIXED--i had them on Phasing so that they didn't block paths and stuff, but i knew about that water problem, then i fixed it cause apperently Phasing allows events to move on water. gives em god powers  :P]
4. The bunnys walk on water!! :O  
Spoiler for:
[FIXED]
5. I can't go behind the tree. So therefore theres open spaces.
[FIXED--i had tons of plants hidden behind the trees for the same reason as to why i had them able to not be walked on. so this was fixed when i made the plants 'walk on topable']
6. You don't need to know when you find a chest, it just starts to bug you.
[FIXED--i'm not sure if you mean the SoundEffect or the Message, but incase it was the message, instead of 'You found a chest!' it's now '<You open the chest.> (that i figure is important to know, cause i'd like to know that i've opened it rather than stared at it or something) :lol:]
7. After playing a few minutes it closes... :( Before you get to save...
[i don't know where that would be at, but there's a save point at every INN and one even in the Combat Training Center in Hol.there's also some spread across other parts of the maps besides in those mentioned.(incase someone sucks enough to lose the very first battles)]
8. FOR THE SAKE OF GOD CHANGE THE DAMN MENU AND FIX YOUR GRAMMAR IN ITEM DESCRIPTIONS!!![
FIXED..kinda?-- change the menu how?? and i looked over the item descriptions.if you mean by bad grammar as in, they aren't complete sentences, then yea, i meant to do that, but there were only very few grammarical problems i found. maybe like an uncapitalized word or a missed letter like, 'my' instead of "may" (i think i found that problem on an item description for a beer when it "may cause confusion in battle"]
9. Do you really need to sell so many items in the item store?
[FIXED--yea, i was thinking about this one, i didn't think ya needed items you can't actually use till later, (kinda a waste of money if you buy em that early)]
10. Shouldn't the mayor be doing work? LOL!
[FIXED--hehe, yea, well the mayor of Maxra is a work-a-holic. but yup, i made him busy lol  :D]
11. Don't do transfer player to go through doors unless its to a different map. Instead go on the second layer and get the carpet tile and put it on the layer 1 Roof Tile and you'll be able to walk through that area.
[FIXED]
12. Why are you allowed to go to the basement of the mayors house?
[why not? lol. i have a quest that will incorporate his basement in the next town (Maxra). I'm not sure if you've noticed the logs that seem to be blocking a path way from his basement to another map(part of the quest)]
13. MAKE YOUR OWN ICONS FOR TAILS AND SUCH!!
[FIXED...sorta... Tails? but yea, i have tons of new icons i've gotten and i still needed to update that in the last fix]
14. Make your speeches clear.
[? speeches, do you mean like how messages are written, so that they should be more clear?]
15. When you go to the inn shouldn't you appear near the bed?
[FIXED--yea i thought of that, it got kinda boring if that didn't happen]
16. All games have a starting skill... Why doesn't yours?
[FIXED--Hmm. i don't actually know, hahaha. i made something simple. he's not technically a good swordsman or anything yet. (as referenced in the storyline update in the first post, you'll eventually get transfered thru dimensions and go back in time.) there, you'll learn various things as a swordsman.(p.s. the time traveling thing happens fairly soon, so its not like you'll be missing out on too much, skill wise, up until then.)]
17. If someones reading a book make them mutter.
[FIXED--actually, i don't have anyone specifically reading anything. they're of course "reading" but they stop to talk to you when you approach them and use the action button. If i had someone who was INTENSE into the book they're reading, then i'll do that. (which i'll do cause it'll mix it up a bit)]
18. Why do I need a key when the door opens anyway?
[FIXED--i think you're talking about the dungeon in the castle... yea. i don't actually know why. hahaha. but yea i fixed that. but it opened accidentally cause i didn't have the event set on 'lock face'.]
19. As soon as I talk to the Captain for some reason the whole damn thing closes!
[I dont even know why that would happen. it doesn't happen in my test plays]

Thank you for your time :):(
[you're welcome, hahaha  :P]

NOW, all that's left for me to do is finish several quests in maxra (and a couple maps outside the town.) then i'll post the new download without these problems.  ^^^^  :o  :o !!!  glowy! hahaha   ;8
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 06:28:21 AM by grafikal007 »

Rep:
Level 88
How the messages are spoken. Use this script correctly and itll work a bit better. :)
Spoiler for:
==============================================================================
# ** Letter by Letter Message Window
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Slipknot (dubealex.com/asylum)
# Version 1.11
# September 8, 2006
# Thanks to:
#  - Dubealex, for some of the features.
#  - RPG Advocate, for the hexadecimal color.
#==============================================================================

# ** Game_Message
#  This class handles the message data

class Game_Message
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Public Instance Variables
  attr_accessor :letter_by_letter, :speed, :can_skip, :height, :font,
    :sound_enable, :sound, :path, :face_rect, :fit, :skin, :nb_skin,
    :nbyo, :opacity, :shadow, :outline, :pause, :autoclose_frames
  # * Object Initialization
  def initialize
    # Letter by letter mode
    @letter_by_letter = false
    # Lettter by letter mode's speed
    @speed = 10
    # If this option is false, the player can't skip the message
    @can_skip = true
    # Height of each line, used within the fit or above event options
    @height = 32
    # Always resize the message
    @fit = false
    # Font for the mesage text
    @font = Font.default_name
    # Sound enable
    @sound_enable = true
    # Sound for letter by letter, ['filename', vol]
    @sound = ['032-Switch01', 80]
    # Folder for the message pictures
    @path = 'Graphics/Pictures/'
    # Face rect (only the last two numbers are used)
    @face_rect = Rect.new(0, 0, 96, 96)
    # Skin for the message window, nil = default
    @skin = nil
    # Skin for the name box, nil = default
    @nb_skin = nil
    # Name box y offset
    @nbyo = 20
    # Message window's opacity
    @opacity = 160
    # Outline text
    @outline = true
    # Shadow text
    @shadow = true
    # Show or not the pause graphic
    @pause = true
    # Frames before the message autoclose
    @autoclose_frames = 8
  end
end

# ** Game_System
#  Adds Game Message

class Game_System
  attr_reader :message
  # * Alias Listing
  alias slipknot_lblms_initialize initialize
  # * Load Database
  def initialize
    slipknot_lblms_initialize
    @message = Game_Message.new
  end
end

# ** Game_Event
#  Adds a reader to the Event Name

class Game_Event < Game_Character
  # * Name
  def name
    @event.name
  end
end

# ** Spriteset_Map
#  Adds a reader to the Character Sprites

class Spriteset_Map
  attr_reader :character_sprites
end

# ** Window_Message
#  Rewrites Window_Message

class Window_Message < Window_Selectable
  # * Alias Listing
  alias slipknot_lblms_initialize initialize
  alias slipknot_lblms_terminatemessage terminate_message
  # * Initialize
  def initialize
    slipknot_lblms_initialize
    @autoclose = -1
  end
  # * Terminate Message
  def terminate_message
    slipknot_lblms_terminatemessage
    [@name_box, @picture].each do |x|
      x.dispose if x && ! x.disposed?
    end
  end
  # * Refresh
  def refresh
    self.opacity = $game_system.message_frame == 0 ? 255 : 0
    self.back_opacity = system.opacity
    unless system.fit
      self.width, self.height = 480, 160
      skin = system.skin ? system.skin : $game_system.windowskin_name
      self.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin(skin)
      self.contents = Bitmap.new(448, 128)
    else
      contents.clear
      contents.font.color = normal_color
      contents.font.size = Font.default_size
    end
    contents.font.name = system.font
    @x = @y = @wait_count = indent = 0
    @fit_size, @sound = false, system.sound_enable
    @start_x = 4
    @cursor_width = [0, 0, 0, 0]
    @x = 8 if $game_temp.choice_start == 0
    return if ! (@text = $game_temp.message_text)
    @text.gsub!(/\\\\/) { "\000" }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Vv]\[([0-9]+)\]/) { $game_variables[$1.to_i] }
    @text.gsub!('\$') { $game_party.gold.to_s }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Nn]\[([0-9]+)\]/) do
      $game_actors[$1.to_i] ? $game_actors[$1.to_i].name : ''
    end
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Nn][Pp]\[([\d+])\]/) do
      $game_party.actors[$1.to_i] ? $game_party.actors[$1.to_i].name : ''
    end
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Cc]lass\[(\d+)\]/) do
      $game_actors[$1.to_i] ? $game_actors[$1.to_i].class_name : ''
    end
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Mm]ap/) { $data_map_infos[$game_map.map_id].name }
    gold_set = @text.gsub!(/\\[Gg]/, '')
    if @text[/\\[Nn]ame/]
      if @text.sub!(/\\[Nn]ame\[(.*?)\]/, '')
        name_text = $1
      elsif @text.sub!(/\\[Nn]ame/, '')
        name_text = $game_map.events[$game_system.map_interpreter.event_id].name
      end
    end
    if @text[/\\[Ff]ace/]
      # Left
      if @text.sub!(/\\[Ff]ace{(.+?)}/, '')
        face, face_name = 1, $1
      # Right
      elsif @text.sub!(/\\[Ff]ace\[(.+?)\]/, '')
        face, face_name = 2, $1
      end
    end
    picture = $1 if @text.sub!(/\\[Pp]ic\[(.+?)\]/, '')
    if @text[/\\[Pp]/]
      if @text.sub!(/\\[Pp]\[([-1,0-9]+)\]/, '')
        event = $1.to_i
      elsif @text.gsub!(/\\[Pp]/, '')
        event = $game_system.map_interpreter.event_id
      end
    end
    @text.gsub!('\$') { $game_party.gold.to_s }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Cc]\[([0-9A-Fa-f #]+?)\]/) { "\001[#$1]" }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Cc]/) { "\001[0]" }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Ii]con{([IiWwAaSs])}\[(\d+)\]/) { change_icon($1, $2.to_i) }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Ii]con\[(.*?)\]/) { "\002[#$1]" }
    @text.gsub!('\!') { "\003" }
    @text.gsub!('\.') { "\004" }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Ss]\[([Xx\d]+)\]/) { "\005[#$1]" }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Bb]/) { "\006" }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Ii]/) { "\007" }
    @text.gsub!(/\\[Ff]\[(.*?)\]/) { "\010[#$1]" }
    @text.gsub!(/\\\%\[(\d+)\]/) { "\011[#$1]" }
    @text.gsub!('\%') { "\011" }
    if @fit_size = (event || system.fit)
      lines_size = [0, 0, 0, 0]
      save, lines = @text.clone, 0
      while (c = @text.slice!(/./m))
        if c == "\n"
          lines += 1
          break if lines == 4
          if lines >= $game_temp.choice_start
            lines_size[lines] += 16
          end
          next
        end
        lines_size[lines] += eval_text(c, true)
      end
    end
    if face
      if @fit_size
        mh = system.height
        fh = system.face_rect.height
        lines = (fh.to_f / mh.to_f).ceil if (lines * mh) < fh
        f_x = face == 2 ? 0 : lines_size.max + 16
        f_y = (lines * mh) <= fh ? 0 : (lines * mh - fh) / 2
        @start_x += system.face_rect.width + 4 if face == 2
        indent += system.face_rect.width + 8
      else
        f_x, f_y = face == 2 ? 16 : 336, 16
        @start_x += system.face_rect.width + 36 if face == 2
      end
      f_bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap(system.path, face_name)
    end
    if @fit_size
      @text = save
      self.height = lines * system.height + 32
      self.height += 32 if $game_temp.num_input_variable_id > 0
      self.width = lines_size.max + indent + 40
      windowskin = system.skin ? system.skin : $game_system.windowskin_name
      self.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin(windowskin)
      self.contents = Bitmap.new(self.width - 32, self.height - 32)
    end
    contents.blt(f_x, f_y, f_bitmap, system.face_rect) if face
    if ! event
      h2 = self.height / 2
      self.y = $game_temp.in_battle ? 96 - h2 + system.nbyo :
        case $game_system.message_position
        when 0 then 96 - h2 + system.nbyo
        when 1 then 240 - h2
        when 2 then 384 - h2
        end
      self.x = 320 - self.width / 2
    else
      c = event > 0 ? $game_map.events[event] : $game_player
      mx, my = 636 - self.width, 476 - self.height
      fx = [[c.screen_x - self.width / 2, 4].max, mx].min
      sy = name_text ? system.nbyo + 4 : 4
      ch = [$scene.spriteset.character_sprites[event - 1].bitmap.height /
        4 + 4, 48].max
      fy = [[c.screen_y - (ch + self.height), sy].max, my].min
      self.x, self.y = fx, fy
    end
    if name_text
      @name_box = Window_NameBox.new(x, y - system.nbyo, name_text)
      @name_box.back.opacity = 0 if $game_system.message_frame == 1
    end
    if picture
      @picture = Sprite.new
      @picture.bitmap = RPG::Cache.load_bitmap(system.path, picture)
      @picture.x = self.x + self.width - @picture.bitmap.width
      @picture.y = self.y - @picture.bitmap.height
    end
    if gold_set
      @gold_window = Window_Gold.new
      @gold_window.x = 560 - @gold_window.width
      if $game_temp.in_battle
        @gold_window.y = 192
      else
        @gold_window.y = self.y >= 128 ? 32 : 384
      end
      @gold_window.opacity = self.opacity
      @gold_window.back_opacity = self.back_opacity
    end
  end
  # * Evaluate Text
  def eval_text(c, read = false)
    case c
    when "\000"
      c = '\\'
    when "\001"
      @text.sub!(/\[(.*?)\]/, '')
      return 0 if read
      h, c = $1, $1.to_i
      contents.font.color = h.slice!(/./) == '#' ? hex_color(h) : text_color(c)
      return
    when "\002"
      return 24 if read
      y = @fit_size ? system.height * @y + (system.height - 24) / 2 : 32 * @y + 4
      contents.blt(@x + @start_x, y, RPG::Cache.icon($1.to_s), Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24))
      @x += 24
      return unless @y >= $game_temp.choice_start
      @cursor_width[@y] += 24
      return
    when "\003"
      return 0 if read
      @stop = true
      return
    when "\004"
      return 0 if read
      @wait_count += 10
      return
    when "\005"
      @text.sub!(/\[([x\d]+)\]/, '')
      if $1.downcase == 'x'
        contents.font.size = Font.default_size
      else
        contents.font.size = [[$1.to_i, 6].max, system.height].min
      end
      return 0
    when "\006"
      contents.font.bold = (! contents.font.bold)
      return 0
    when "\007"
      contents.font.italic = (! contents.font.italic)
      return 0
    when "\010"
      if $1.downcase == 'x'
      else
        contents.font.name = [$1.to_s, system.font]
      end
      return 0
    when "\011"
      @text.sub!(/\[(\d+)\]/, '')
      return 0 if read
      @autoclose = $1 ? $1.to_i : system.autoclose_frames
      return
    when "\n"
      @y += 1
      @x = 0
      @x = 8 if @y >= $game_temp.choice_start
      return
    end
    w = contents.text_size(c).width
    return w if read
    y = @fit_size ? system.height * @y : 32 * @y
    if system.outline
      color = contents.font.color.dup
      contents.font.color.set(0, 0, 0, 255)
      contents.draw_text(@x + @start_x + 1, y, w * 2, system.height, c)
      contents.draw_text(@x + @start_x, y + 1, w * 2, system.height, c)
      contents.draw_text(@x + @start_x - 1, y, w * 2, system.height, c)
      contents.draw_text(@x + @start_x, y - 1, w * 2, system.height, c)
      contents.font.color = color
      contents.draw_text(@x + @start_x, y, w * 2, system.height, c)
    elsif system.shadow
      color = contents.font.color.dup
      contents.font.color.set(0, 0, 0, 192)
      contents.draw_text(@x + @start_x + 2, y + 2, w * 2, system.height, c)
      contents.font.color = color
    else
    end
    @sound = (system.sound_enable && c != ' ')
    @x += w
    return if @y < $game_temp.choice_start || @y > 3
    @cursor_width[@y] += w
  end
  # * Finish
  def finish
    if temp.choice_max > 0
      @item_max, self.active, self.index = temp.choice_max, true, 0
    end
    if temp.num_input_variable_id > 0
      digits_max = temp.num_input_digits_max
      number = $game_variables[temp.num_input_variable_id]
      @input_number_window = Window_InputNumber.new(digits_max)
      input_number.number = number
      input_number.x = x + 8
      input_number.y = y + temp.num_input_start * (@fit_size ? system.height : 32)
    end
  end
  # * Database Icon
  def change_icon(option, index)
    s = case option.downcase
      when 'i'  then $data_items[index]
      when 'w' then $data_weapons[index]
      when 'a'  then $data_armors[index]
      when 's'  then $data_skills[index]
      end
    return sprintf("\002[%s]%s", s.icon_name, s.name) if s.name
  end
  # * Hexadecimal Color
  def hex_color(string)
    return normal_color if string.size != 6
    r = g = b = 0
    5.times do |i|
      s = string.slice!(/./m)
      v = hex_convert(s.downcase)
      case i
      when 0 then r += v * 16
      when 1 then r += v
      when 2 then g += v * 16
      when 3 then g += v
      when 4 then b += v * 16
      when 5 then b += v
      end
    end
    return Color.new(r, g, b)
  end
  def hex_convert(c)
    return c.to_i if c[/[0-9]/]
    case c
    when 'a' then 10
    when 'b' then 11
    when 'c' then 12
    when 'd' then 13
    when 'e' then 14
    when 'f' then 15
    end
  end
  # * Game Message
  def system() $game_system.message end
  # * Game Temp
  def temp() $game_temp end
  # * Input Number Window
  def input_number() @input_number_window end
  # * Frame Update
  def update
    if @contents_showing
      super
      if @fade_in
        self.contents_opacity += 24
        if input_number
          input_number.contents_opacity += 24
        end
        @fade_in = contents_opacity != 255
        return
      end
      if @text
        if Input.trigger?(13)
          if @stop
            self.pause = @stop = false
            return
          end
          @skip = system.can_skip
        end
        return if @stop
        if @wait_count > 0 && ! @skip
          @wait_count -= 1
          return
        end
        loop do
          if (c = @text.slice!(/./m))
            eval_text(c)
            if @stop
              self.pause = system.pause
              return
            end
            if ! @skip && @sound
              Audio.se_play('Audio/SE/' + system.sound[0], system.sound[1])
              @sound = false
            end
            @wait_count += system.speed
          else
            @text = nil
            break
          end
          break if ! @skip
        end
        return if @text || @autoclose != -1
        finish
        return
      else
        if @autoclose > 0
          @autoclose -= 1
          return
        elsif @autoclose == 0
          terminate_message
          @autoclose = -1
          return
        end
      end
    end
    if input_number
      input_number.update
      if Input.trigger?(13)
        $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
        $game_variables[$game_temp.num_input_variable_id] = input_number.number
        $game_map.need_refresh = true
        input_number.dispose
        @input_number_window = nil
        terminate_message
      end
      return
    end
    if @contents_showing
      self.pause = ($game_temp.choice_max == 0) & system.pause
      if Input.trigger?(12)
        if $game_temp.choice_max > 0 && $game_temp.choice_cancel_type > 0
          $game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)
          $game_temp.choice_proc.call($game_temp.choice_cancel_type - 1)
          terminate_message
        end
      end
      if Input.trigger?(13)
        if $game_temp.choice_max > 0
          $game_system.se_play($data_system.decision_se)
          $game_temp.choice_proc.call(self.index)
        end
        terminate_message
      end
      return
    end
    if ! @fade_out && $game_temp.message_text
      @contents_showing = temp.message_window_showing = true
      @stop = false
      @autoclose = -1
      @skip = (! system.letter_by_letter)
      reset_window
      refresh
      @wait_count, self.visible = 0, true
      return
    end
    return if ! visible
    @fade_out = true
    self.opacity -= 48
    if self.opacity == 0
      self.visible = @fade_out = false
      $game_temp.message_window_showing = false
    end
  end
  # * Updates Cursor Rectangle
  def update_cursor_rect
    if index >= 0
      n = $game_temp.choice_start + @index
      y = (@fit_size ? system.height : 32) * n
      cursor_rect.set(4 + @start_x, y, @cursor_width.max + 8,
        @fit_size ? system.height : 32)
    else
      cursor_rect.empty
    end
  end
end

# ** Window_NameBox
#  This window is used to display the box above the message.

class Window_NameBox < Sprite
  attr_reader :back
  # * Object Initialization
  def initialize(x, y, text)
    dumb = Bitmap.new(160, 42)
    dumb.font.name = system.font
    size = dumb.text_size(text).width
    dumb.dispose
    @back = Window_Base.new(x, y, size + 12, 32)
    skin = system.nb_skin ? system.nb_skin : $game_system.windowskin_name
    @back.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin(skin)
    viewport = Viewport.new(x + 6, y + 5, size, 22)
    @back.z = viewport.z = 9999
    super(viewport)
    self.bitmap = Bitmap.new(size, 22)
    bitmap.font.name = system.font
    bitmap.draw_text(0, 0, size, 22, text)
  end
  # * Game Message
  def system() $game_system.message end
  # * Dispose
  def dispose
    @back.dispose
    @back = nil
    super
  end
end

# ** Interpreter
#  Adds a reader to the Event ID and Game Message

class Interpreter
  attr_reader :event_id
  # * Game Message
  def message
    $game_system.message
  end
end

# ** Scene_Map
#  Adds a reader to the Spriteset

class Scene_Map
  attr_reader :spriteset
end
Edit it how you wish.  :huge:

And use another script around this place for a different script. Its just boring having to find your way to the town and then looking for the battle place. So you should at a time have a way of seeing the battler at least once! Also, why no cutscene? Even my game has one...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
THX!  ;8 , but...im not really a scriptor and nor do i know how to use that  :P

but i'll definitely try and get that script in there then.

the cutscene is my next order of business.

its gunna be kinda long and maybe take a few hours (to make lol). so after i finish off my events and quests in Maxra (which will probably be today sometime), then i plan on making the intro cutscenes.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 09:15:12 PM by grafikal007 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
this cutscene is more like a cutmovie. this is in no way, a halfassed scene. its the intro to the entire game so it gives a lot of bkg info and such lol. i figured it would take me a few hours, but with all the stuff that i have going on in there, im only half fininshed haha.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 12:10:06 AM by grafikal007 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
UPDATE

FULL DEMO OUT NOW, check first post

Rep:
Level 88
Downloading now ;)

I hope u tested it.

EDIT: It crashes... I checked Noumons thingy but I didn't know what to do... Can you make another version for the Legal's instead?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
unfortunately, i don't have the legal version. (well...i do, but i've got about 2 days of trial left.)
[edit] i just checked and i have 1 day left.

also, ive test played and i have no problems with running it   :-\   

I checked Noumons thingy but I didn't know what to do...

is it that you don't know how to do what the README says? or that you did what it said and it didn't work?

maybe nouman will figure something haha  :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 09:23:24 PM by grafikal007 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
here, I moved the file for you. SO if anyone is uusing legal this is an easy way to download the game.

Rep:
Level 88
here, I moved the file for you. SO if anyone is uusing legal this is an easy way to download the game.

Thats the basic demo. Not the full one... Can u do it to the full game? Plzzzz....

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
ya will take a while to download/re-upload but I will.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3tucb5

grafikal007

add that link to your first topic andd add *Legal users download this*

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
thx so much  ;8

[SUPER EDIT] Fixed the downloads for BOTH RMXPpke and Legal RMXP. (well, im sure the pke already worked, but SUPER NOUMAN fixed up the LEGAL VERSION. so that def. works now.)

hehe, k now i go back to writing my huge ass essay for college  :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 12:58:49 AM by grafikal007 »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no problem!

Rep:
Level 88
U MONSTER! I just reached the joining of the guards, I just spoke to that knight and then I reach the place to the lake and guess what?! He hasnt continued for all I know!!! ARGH!

EDIT: I forgot about my other post...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
wait...what?

Rep:
Level 88
Test the game... Why dont mods check games before moving them to the Project/Games area? Why?

Actually heres a screeny:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
why would they need too?  mods are here to keep teh forum in check, not platest the games. He said he has a demo, topic meets requirments so It's moved. If it stops working notify the person who made the game, mods don't have enough time to playtest EVERY game made.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
U MONSTER! I just reached the joining of the guards, I just spoke to that knight and then I reach the place to the lake and guess what?! He hasnt continued for all I know!!! ARGH!

i know i haven't continued that section of the maps. i have plans for that to be a pathway to an entirely different area, but that doesn't happen until much later in the game  :-\, and the demo doesn't go into 'much further' in the game. its just a demo. and there is another way outta that map...(p.s. 'its to the right'). so then if you can't go down (which i purposely did that), then continue the game otherwise.

Rep:
Level 88
But I wanna go to the lake... :( Map big, Map look kwl. Me want know how you get under bed. Me wanty. Me wanty lake. Me wanty bed sheet. (The last post and this one wouldnt be there if I actually understood the game)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
the screen shot of the lake u see, is in like 6 parts. the lake consists of 6 or however many maps. and its east past the castle (if youve been in it) there's actually a quest (which is part of your main quest) that asks you to go there. and the quest guy tells you how to get there, plus, the next screen over(to the right) of the one you posted, is a sign, and on that sign it tells you that the EAST: Lake and NORTH: Castle and WEST: Hol. signs are there for a direction.  :P

[edit] oh, oh. and North = Up, East = Right, South = Down, West = Left.   the quest guy says east, so you went the wrong way and you only assumed that the way that you can't go is the lake (but its not)

Rep:
Level 88
XD! Im stupid... I didnt know that :( Oh, well... Ill play it from the fairy in the castle.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
XD  its ok.   if there's any problems or any confusion you (or anyone in general) has with the demo, lemme know, (its best i know anywayz considering im making it haha) that way i can fix it, or help you and then it's not confusing anymore  ;D

Rep:
Level 88
Well actually I had a problem where I thought Left was East and Right was West... Was I right? No. |:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
bump? i think i'll start continuing this game. because as far as most of you know, i was gone for a real long time :/   but im back.

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
Nice mapping you got there, and also a good overview of the maps so far.
I definitely hate it that people still use Arshes, since I guess you've changed the name.
Be original, for god's sake.

On a scale from 1 to 10, a 7.