RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] My Anime/Manga Characters!!!

Rep:
Level 88
Here are my anime/manga characters that I made from the tutorial that I listed in the Tutorial section. Remember this is the FIRST time I've every attempted to try something like this. (The bodied female isn't good...so don't tease me TOO much :tpg:)
Here is the first picture I drew: Front
Spoiler for:
Here is my second picture: Profile
Spoiler for:
Here is my third, and in my opinion the worst: Full body female
Spoiler for:
Here is my fourth: Eyes Real - Anime comparison
Spoiler for:
Here is my final: Eyes emotions
Spoiler for:
AND here is a picture of what I think one of the characters in my game should look like:
Spoiler for:

What do you think for a first try? ??? :P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:47:12 PM by boe »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Wow i think the eyes look really cool and the others are too

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I'm going to be point out some mistakes, so if I sound a little too rude, I'm really sorry, I tend to get out of hand...

For the first picture, the ears are too small, and are placed below the eye, which is wrong. Take your thumb and your index finger (the second one) and place your thumb on the base of your ear, while you place you index on the top. Then run it across your face until it meets an eye.

You will notice that your index finger reaches right above your eye, and below the eyebrow, while the thumb is at the level where it is just above the upper lip. You can use those as measurements in the future.

The left eye (what we see on the right) is also a lot thicker than the right counterpart. This can be a common mistake, so don't fret about it and continue practicing.

As for the full body, try not to place the arms too wide apart. (See: Shorter Shoulder width)
The arms can also do with more length. The arm consists of 3 parts, the upper arm, fore arm and wrist. The upper arm reaches to slightly above the hip, but only slightly. The forearm goes down to half the thigh. The wrist goes down the slightly below the the third quarter of the thigh.

As for the last picture, do you think that the head is a little too big? Other than the points I said above, the neck seems to be a little thin, and the arms a little too stubby. However, if you were aiming for your character to be fat, the stubbyness is ok to stay.

This site might be a little difficult to follow at times, but you can always try. It covers the entire thing is greater depth.

Polycarbon

Good luck with your future endeavours.
Don't worry, I was much worse 3 years ago. Drawing well takes years of practice. (Unless you use up a pen in say, a week. Not for writing, but for drawing.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 11:27:10 AM by Teokeez »

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks! :D
It was  my first try though. Although, the lesson I followed said that the ears should be small and nose/mouth level, but yes I agree, it doesn't match. As the site says, overdramatise your pictures...(oops a little too much :tpg:)
Thanks again! ;)

EDIT
THAT SITE YOU LISTED IS AWESOME!!! MUCH BETTER THAN THE ONE I LISTED! WELL DONE FINDING IT!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 01:14:25 AM by AlwaysIdeas »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Its okay, kind of good eyes but everything else is....bad?

Rep:
Level 85
... X0X...
Err... U got nice eyes there but u need to fix up the people as above mention...

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Dont post in old topics please.
This one is over a year old. :(
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep