RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Hi all,

I am kinda of new to rpg and this forum. I am hoping to improve my skills and see how i can further develop my game. Currently, i am using RPG Maker 2000 to create some rpg games. I was wondering if RPG Maker can do condition battles or teleportation.
Meaning if a character reaches a spot or talks to someone, the character/user has to answer some questions before it will be teleported to some place or a battle takes place. E.g: If the hero enters the correct answer, the hero will be teleported to another place and if it is the incorrect answer, the hero will battle with monster.
Anyone have any idea on how to do this?

Thanks a lot.. :)

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Hello,

I'm afraid I haven't used RPGmaker 2000 in some time, but RPGmaker 2oo3 can do these things very easlily. If 2000 has this it should be in the basic command window, if not you can download 2oo3 and still work on your 2000 game. The two are quite compatible.

2oo3 is pretty much the same but with some great updated features, while still keeping the "real" RPG look to it. If you like you can download it here: http://crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads, once installed, just go into the program and open your 2000 game project ( you may* have to search for it ).

Hope this helps. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 11:31:43 AM by Deliciously_Saucy »

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Hello, Zizyan, and welcome!

I want to support Deliciously_Saucy's statement. She's right in everything. I suggest that you go for RM2003, which is very easy to use. That way, you won't have any trouble trying to figure out how to do the same things in the older program.

Good luck!

Hello you both..Thanks alot for the help...i will download the rm2003 and try it out right away. Thanks again. ;)

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Good!

You're lucky, because people has started submitting RM2k3 tutorials lately. Check the tutorial database. And again, good luck!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,9364.0.html

Good place to get started =D

Also for a formal welcome topic post here:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/board,2.0.html
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Heck yeah! And if you need more help, just ask. But remember to always read the sticky topics and important information. That way you will avoid criticism and unnecessary comments from other members, and so get right to the point: to get help. :)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Thanks all and a big HEllO!!

I am still exploring RPG 2003 and so far so good. Thanks again. Really appreciate all your help. *grins*

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
This is late, but for answers and questions...

Guys Message: Who is the president of America?

Choices (event) George Bush
                             You
                              Me
                            YOur Dog

Under the choices event, there is an option, what will happen if he chooses the choise

If George- Then Teleport(event)  ...
IF YOu-Then Monster..

I SUCK =D
Arlen is hot.