RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RM2K3 Tutorials are needed!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
This is a request to anyone who knows rm2k and has spare time to create various tut's that can help our 2k3 users.

Please even the very basics can help:
Door making,
Tresure chest making,
House making,
Indoors mapping...

If you can make a tut, please do and I will add it to the Tut Index under its own section for 2k3 users.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Hey this sounds like an interesting task. I'll see if I can cook some up.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 87
I will do the indoor one.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thanks to you both.

Rep:
Level 87
On second thought is there a general event tut, if not i will try my best at one, i forgot im horrible at mapping.

Rep:
Level 88
Alan says my experties are needed so I'll to as much as I can -_- since I have 3 students on the 2003 version anyway 1 on the 2000 and 1 on XP XD ya this shouldn't be too hard.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:57:17 AM by kathis »
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
sweet, any tuts are helpful.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I'll try, as i use 2k3.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
when he says alan he means feildmaster... GET IT RIGHT KATHIS... FEILDMASTER.. -_- *sorry for off topic post*
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Rep:
Level 88
Door making,
Spoiler for:

Greetings class today we are looking at door making, first we are going to assume you know the ways of the event and what does what to the general basis, if not I suggest we go step by step but thats another lesson, So lets get started

First make an event that will be where your door is ((remember door graphics will cover 2 titles.))  next go choose a door graphic, these are located in the character set known as object 1.

Make this event , trigger condtion, Action key

Time for the commands.

select sound effect  (page 3, left 5th one down) select ether open1, or open2

next select an move event (page 2, right, 12th down)
at the top select where it says "hero" change it to "this event"
follow this order for the movements

face down
wait
face right
wait
face up
wait
face left
wait

After that hit ok

then make a teleport command to where you want this door to move you.

that covers that style of door this is very nice for doors to houses on the outside. Uhh Mr.Kathis...I was wondering if I had a locked door and they needed a key how would I do that? Very simple

make a fork condition (page to say if a person has the "key" (asuming its an item) in their inventory make an else statment for this. If they do you do add in that part of the fork what we did above if not then include this in the else condition

play sound effect that is suited for a locked door

show message: " this is locked"

end

unless you have the key in your inventory you won't beable to open the door and keep getting the locked message. that should cover it

Tresure chest making,
Spoiler for:
Welcome back students I have a very inportant lesson for you so pay attention

first make a new event this will be our chest.

Next we make make the sound effect open1 (page 3, left 5th one down)

next select an move event (page 2, right, 12th down)
at the top select where it says "hero" change it to "this event"
follow this order for the movements

face down
wait
face right
wait
face up
wait
face left
wait

After that hit ok

Play bgm (page 3, left, top one) make it play "Item"

Show Message: You gained *input what ever it is*

Add the item by going to item management (page 1, left, 10th down)

Then set a switch to be on. (doesn't matter we'll call this switch X)

Create a new page and make this graphic the chest open. Then have the the precondition Switch X on 

the only thing you should have for the commands is a message saying empty

That should do it.

Any questions? Mr. Kathis What if I want the chest to trigger a battle how would I do that? Very easy and this is how

Follow the steps before and include these at the top of page 1

Then select Enimey encounter (page 2 , left, top one)  Make this enimey group what ever you want. Set the battle to your liking it doesn't matter to me then after it should follow the same way. If you do enable escaping which I disadvice you I suggest you select end event progress, or make a custom handler to punish them for escaping

Its that easy

want me to do more? Map making isn't really an easy thing to descrive in words and I am too lazy to take screen shots
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 05:11:23 AM by kathis »
Project

Rep:
Level 88
nicely written... i think he meant to post them in their own thread though...?
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 88
Not really XD I just posted here becasue it was asked for *shrugs* after I have over enough lessons I'll make my own forum for it. though I must say now it will be painful XD
Project

Rep:
Level 88
lol.... i would assume so... ??? (no idea what i am talking about... ;8 XD)
Feildmaster Productions

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
kathis, sweet job! Now just add screenshots of the event pages and go into TUTORIALS and make your own topic and title it "Door/Chest Making [RM2k3]" Place both there with their screenshots under spoliers.

thanks.

Rep:
Level 88
you make my lazyness into work -_- if I am making my own topic it will be my one topic -_- and for screenshots you crasy -_- I rather not go choping up full screen shots for every little thing XD but what ever -_- I better get rep for his -_- *goes to work
Project

Rep:
Level 88
XD i'll give you rep kathis... (I think i am the one who gave you the other one as well... XD)
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 92
I'm not sure if my beginner tutorials will be of any help at this point, but these are what i did awhile before. No one responded to em though.

> Simple Starter Tutorial (Rm2k and Rm2k3)
> Simple Bank Tutorial (Rm2k3)

I'll do some more on the weekend. The mapping tutorials.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
DD,...thouse are AWSOMENESS! Adding links to index now. =D

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Zeriab's switch tutorial includes a part in which he teaches you how to make a treasure chest. It was very easy to follow, and well explained. Maybe he could cut that part and add it to a new thread so that people can find it?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
hm, don't know. Is it made for 2k3? or is it the same in xp and 2k3 for the way to do it? if so  there is a tresure chest tut listed in the index which I can add to 2k3 as well.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Okay, as i am free for now, just tell me which tutorial i need to do but dont gimme very tough ones, just cuz im here from long time, doesnt mean im good at rpg making, i dont do it a lot.
So any ideas for a tut?
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
any type of mapping.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I CAN TRY THAT !!
Arlen is hot.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I really, REALLY need a tutorial that explains what every event command does. Sometimes people don't know what they do, so they ignore them. And when they need certain action in an event, they are puzzled because they don't know how to do it. Many times, it can just be resolved by knowing how to use the commands.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
YYYAAAY
Ps. spoiler may take time to load, kinda big, 5 pixxorz @_@

Spoiler for Interior Mapping In Rm2k3:
Hello Folks, as you may know, i've stopped rm kinda, but i can try HALPING you people.
Well, i'm not much of a good mapper, but i can say my maps are 7/10, not like Blizzard or Dwarra, who are absolutely wonderful in their mapping.

Okay, lets start.
Setting Your Map-
Well yes, this includes the lenght, width, type, monsters included , etc.
Well, i'm doing the smallest map, with no monsters, so set it up like ziz-

1. You can give your map a name, to make things easier.
2.The tileset used, such as interior, exterior, dungeon, castle ETC.
3.Dimensions-Lenght, Breadth
4. Monster groups which will attack you while you walk in the map. So obviously none, as you are in your house. Exept that monster who lives under ur bed lol.

These are the 4 basic stuff.
Fencing-
Many people think, that in rm2k3, there is no fencing, and the maps turn out, you can say, bad. But there are, infact, there are many fences, they are depended on the type of the house.I am depicting a normal house, in which its peaceful, not to rich, not to poor. So the fencing will be somewhat like this(i know its not such a good coloured fence ;-;)-

If you see, i have closed the fence i used under a red box, well, in the line of fences, there are many. You can see a white one, just next to it, and then some others.
So there's your fence.
Arr matey ur fences electric arr.

Flooring-
Everyone doesnt have the power to walk on nothing, thats why a guy wasted his time inventing cemented floors. Well we do it easily by clicking buttons.
There are various kinds of floors, and the one i am using, does not actually MATCH the fence, looks weird, but this is just explanatory.

The red box is depecting the types of flooring, i have used the bottom left of the four.

VOLLEY-
Volley, is the tennis term for hitting the ball straight back in speed, when ur jumpin' in the air lol.
Well, what i am concentrating on, is more likely to be said WALLY, as now, we concentrate on WALLZ.
Okay, there are three kinds of walls, again i have not used the proper one, just a basic one.

The black box indicates the left sided wall, placd only at the left, the maroon box indicated the main wall, from the farthest left to the right, and the one selected in the rm2k3 green box depicts the rightest one.
So if r is right m is mid and l is left it should be like

R M-M-M-M-M-M-M_M-M-M-M L
so it looks gooooood.

Placing things and finishin' ur mapzzz
With great makers , cumz great responsibility.
Think of yourself as a furnisher guy, and then place items here and there, so the room does not look empty, leave a space in the fencing so that it looks like a dooor.

I have added a side fence, yaay, the side fence also needs to have a wall, or else it looks pretty stupid, i added some cupboards, a bed, a piano, windows, some paintings, a dressin table, and ofcourse the idiot box of the world, the television.
Looks more like an alien radar lol. And that white thing is supposed to be a sofa.
Well, you can place your things more accurately, but you got the main point.
Thank your for reading.

Now get lost.

lol

Arlen is hot.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
YYYAAAY
Ps. spoiler may take time to load, kinda big, 5 pixxorz @_@

Spoiler for Interior Mapping In Rm2k3:
Hello Folks, as you may know, i've stopped rm kinda, but i can try HALPING you people.
Well, i'm not much of a good mapper, but i can say my maps are 7/10, not like Blizzard or Dwarra, who are absolutely wonderful in their mapping.

Okay, lets start.
Setting Your Map-
Well yes, this includes the lenght, width, type, monsters included , etc.
Well, i'm doing the smallest map, with no monsters, so set it up like ziz-

1. You can give your map a name, to make things easier.
2.The tileset used, such as interior, exterior, dungeon, castle ETC.
3.Dimensions-Lenght, Breadth
4. Monster groups which will attack you while you walk in the map. So obviously none, as you are in your house. Exept that monster who lives under ur bed lol.

These are the 4 basic stuff.
Fencing-
Many people think, that in rm2k3, there is no fencing, and the maps turn out, you can say, bad. But there are, infact, there are many fences, they are depended on the type of the house.I am depicting a normal house, in which its peaceful, not to rich, not to poor. So the fencing will be somewhat like this(i know its not such a good coloured fence ;-;)-

If you see, i have closed the fence i used under a red box, well, in the line of fences, there are many. You can see a white one, just next to it, and then some others.
So there's your fence.
Arr matey ur fences electric arr.

Flooring-
Everyone doesnt have the power to walk on nothing, thats why a guy wasted his time inventing cemented floors. Well we do it easily by clicking buttons.
There are various kinds of floors, and the one i am using, does not actually MATCH the fence, looks weird, but this is just explanatory.

The red box is depecting the types of flooring, i have used the bottom left of the four.

VOLLEY-
Volley, is the tennis term for hitting the ball straight back in speed, when ur jumpin' in the air lol.
Well, what i am concentrating on, is more likely to be said WALLY, as now, we concentrate on WALLZ.
Okay, there are three kinds of walls, again i have not used the proper one, just a basic one.

The black box indicates the left sided wall, placd only at the left, the maroon box indicated the main wall, from the farthest left to the right, and the one selected in the rm2k3 green box depicts the rightest one.
So if r is right m is mid and l is left it should be like

R M-M-M-M-M-M-M_M-M-M-M L
so it looks gooooood.

Placing things and finishin' ur mapzzz
With great makers , cumz great responsibility.
Think of yourself as a furnisher guy, and then place items here and there, so the room does not look empty, leave a space in the fencing so that it looks like a dooor.

I have added a side fence, yaay, the side fence also needs to have a wall, or else it looks pretty stupid, i added some cupboards, a bed, a piano, windows, some paintings, a dressin table, and ofcourse the idiot box of the world, the television.
Looks more like an alien radar lol. And that white thing is supposed to be a sofa.
Well, you can place your things more accurately, but you got the main point.
Thank your for reading.

Now get lost.

lol

Not bad! It gives you an idea of how to map. :) Thanks for the contribution!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
very nice, now nighty make your own topic and post that tut. Name it w/e you wish but be sure to add [RM2K3] to topic title. thanks.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
If you say so nouman sire.
Arlen is hot.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
In case you thought it was a sarcastic comment, posting this in a new thread is the best thing to do. Then we can just link to the tutorial in its own thread.

Rep:
Level 92

< Zelda Fan Club

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
LOL VERY NICE DD.

You see, why rm2k3 guys just rock.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
Language Teacher/translator
I have made a couple myself since i'M here but for RPGMAKER 2k3 but seems like they are lost somewhere within the rest of the post let me try and bring them all here:

Energy Bolt on Teleport Demo(asked by okartee)
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0dgwyy

Import files for RPGMK2k3 Tut (Asked by farzamk)
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13230.0.html

Demo to make Treasure chest, use switch and get to understand variable for RM2k3
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13084.0.html

Not in Party gaining experience (Asked by darkelementwars )
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13027.0.html

I have not did tha much but if it can help someone, Enjoy!

Elistios

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Thanks Elistios!
tresure chest download link not avlible. =[
same with the importing. xD

Maybe you can re-make these?  ;D

Rep:
Level 87
Language Teacher/translator
Nouman: Yeah seems like the sendspace dont keep stuff very long...and to tell the truth i have deleted all these i've made but yeah i could redo them again but this time find a place to host it in a longterm cuz this is pain to do it over and over ^-^

Snailer: Awsome ^-^ thanks for putting it all at the same place, i think we should have in the Sticky a big one that will have the TUTS from everyone so far. I think nouman already have done so with his own so we should try and gather up all our knowledge in one nice spot in the sticky topic above.

Sorry for the broken link tho (-_-;)

Elistios

Rep:
Level 87
I wrote a variable splitting tutorial that could be for intermidiate users to learn how to split variables. I think it may be useful :)
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Elistios, NP if you ever make the tuts again just tell me. =D

Amalgamador that tut is sweet! I will add it in the idex when I am free
same to  Snailer.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97