RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The perspective seems a bit off. It makes it appear that the house is leaning forward.
The big trees look kinda like they belong in a sidescroller and the art style don't match the rest.

Edit: Oh, also here have a screenshot.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 12:43:42 AM by Bowie »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 69
The perspective seems a bit off. It makes it appear that the house is leaning forward.
The big trees look kinda like they belong in a sidescroller and the art style don't match the rest.

Well, okay. But I don't think that was reason enough to remove the whole screenshot though.  :sadmoonfacefromthatthreadss:

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Huh? :o
I'm confuse now.
If you're referring to it saying I edited your post, for some reason it was showing as a broken link.
I poked it and then it showed the image for me.
Don't know why you can't see it, that's really strange.
It's still there for me. \(;6)/
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
that image host is weird lol

I NOW PRESENT

TUOMO L'S SCREENSHOT

Rep:
Level 69
Thanks, can you upload images to imgur without registering? Because if it works like that in direct links, I may start to use it.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Rep:
Level 69
All right, I removed the big tree. How does it look now?

Also this is the first map of the game from the intro sequence.

Rep:
Level 96
I think that looks much better.

Remember, nature doesn't plan itself out. It's random and wild.
Maybe try sprinkling bits of grass and stuff around to break up the empty spaces? :o
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 69
I think that looks much better.

Remember, nature doesn't plan itself out. It's random and wild.
Maybe try sprinkling bits of grass and stuff around to break up the empty spaces? :o

Okay, I did. Not really worth a new screenshot though, so have an inside the cabin shot instead.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 06:54:09 PM by Tuomo L »

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
That house with the trees looked really awesome! :D I really liked the big trees on their own, but I agree that they didn't quite mesh with the small ones. :p I think it would actually look better if you only used big trees and added and scattered them out some more, but the small trees work just fine if you keep them consistent. :3
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 69
So I've tried to think of ways spruce up the random npc's houses. This particular girl has a cute art of unicorn and pic of her and her mother that she did.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I like the drawings :D

I think a few rugs and windows might spruce things up a bit. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
You shouldn't
write message boxes
that are staggered
like this
for no good reason.

Rep:
Level 69
Well, my best friend gave me an advice to instead of having tons of the "roof" to instead break it up a bit, I was thinking filling with black would make these houses seem better.  I also added a carpet and made the word wrapping to prevent the thing Sated pointed out.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 02:17:22 PM by Tuomo L »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The black looks much better. :D

Since we mentioned text and word wraps and stuff, I gotta go on a little rant. This isn't directed at anyone, just a note for (hopefully) improving the aesthetics of any game. :)

It seems difficult to work with the default text boxes in the RPG Maker engines, because they are too big. This could make one line of text look too empty and a full box of text look like too much. If you look at any other game, text boxes are smaller width-wise and only use about 2-3 lines.

Spoiler for Example:

Part of that is the addition of a face, but I find that a slightly smaller text box with 3 lines looks a little neater. :D Thankfully, there are a lot of scripts that help with that nowadays.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 84
Some UI screenshots from Sore Losers: Riot Grrrl. The game uses a skill-tree system and I've just got through making it look a little better than it used to:

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah. I'm using RM2K3 so I don't really have any choice but to event things :P

Rep:
Level 96
i've seen a couple scripts for rm2k and rm2k3
never bothered trying them, you need to get a third part program to inject the binary algorithm then facilitate cross-platform application's energy boson rerouter that then goes pear-shaped, resulting in an explosion in the secondary temporal power rerouter

at least that what is sounded like, it probably just edits the dlls
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Oh right. I forgot about those. You can't actually use them with the official version of RM2K3, which is what I'm currently using. They only work with the unofficial translation. The official version actually has a loooooot of improvements that I wouldn't want to be without.

Rep:
Level 96
haven't actually tried the new version of RM2k and 2k3.
been meaning to for the sake of a bit o'nostalgia
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84

Sometimes the simplest things are the most gratifying. Finally working on an actual dungeon with actual gameplay for my RTP project, mostly involving moving minecarts around because who doesn't love a stereotypical minecart-based dungeon? There's also going to be spiders; lots of spiders.

This cart is intended as a show-not-tell kinda tutorial. You enter the dungeon from the bottom, and I assume most people will interact with the cart once they see it. Since they come from the bottom, they should push it up the tracks, thus learning that the carts can indeed be pushed.

Rep:
Level 96
I like the camera movement, the route it takes feels good man
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 102