RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
So this is a topic on many forums, so I looked for it here and well WE DON'T HAVE ONE.

OK so post your screenshots from your game, or in the event layer. Then the next person rate the map out of 10, and then post your own.
(if you rate the map, you don't need to post a screenshot the next person just won't rate whats above him)

I'll start:

Spoiler for:
70x30 Desert
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
9/10 Not bad in its randomness, but a bit motley to me. Even so, I commend you for making a canyon system like that.

Here's mine, a 35x30 Mountain. Each cave opening leads to another, and the panorama is, of course, Mountain.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Very nice, but i think you messed up... I give it a 7/10

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Ah, couldn't ignore this thread :P
Decided to put alprimeria's event layer, but it's too big... it was also my firts map and one of the few that actually isn't fixed screen sized  ;D

« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 10:15:13 PM by Ericmor »
I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
looks like that took a real long time..

here's my early shot

Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Woah, smart use of panorama there...why didn't I think of that?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
You guys are supposed to rate the person above's map out of 10  :(

so: Ericmor 10/10
    TeaBag  8/10

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
ah, then ericmore 9/10 (hopefully everything isn't too big when u play the game)

more foolin around

Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 88
I hate to hate things.
Thanks! Instead of notes, i'd like to give some tips, if i may be so bold. Standard tilesets of RMXP had been made by japanese artists, that measured stile and feel incredibly well for a cartoonish small pixel style. Is possible to achieve the same results IF you keep the same style used in the maps and scenarios on the characters, battlers and portraits.
 What i mean is: even if you think that your drawings aren't that good, people may come to like your style if it's used constantly in ALL the game. Like a simpsons game or something.
 In my case, even if the 3D characters are somehow 'weird' to some, they get used to the overall style of the game because is only ONE style - so try NOT to use rtp objects if you're making your own art.

I need some real WORKING AVI script in RMXP!
3D ANIMATIONS:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Ericmor
3D and 2D anime ART:
http://ericmor.deviantart.com/gallery/

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

What do you all think?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Not bad. 8/10, since there are a some mistakes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
9/10 I like it but the top and bottom walls are a little non-symmetric, and in a walled city, there probably wouldn't be so much grass, but the mapping itself is great.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
10/10 wow...I can never make mountains do that. =D

Rep:
Level 89
Save the queen!
looking good nouman 9/10
and here the entrance of my new forest

« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 11:15:39 PM by AlbelNox »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
9/10 that probally looks great in game!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:44:52 PM by Nouman »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Beautiful town Nouman: 10 / 10

I don't like the shadows in this one, but:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
8/10
Great town and houses just awkward to have dead swamp treens and two types of live trees.

here is another town done for the xp game contest, this is two map screenshots put together. castle on top (duh) main town on bottom.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
^ 9.5/10 I envy thee and thy Map-Making abilities good sir!

http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=showmap1qm8.png

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'll be honest with you all, I don't play rpg maker games, and I don't make them either. I always thought they all ended up pretty generic. Looking at some of these maps, I can see I've been very very wrong.

Nouman - Your canyon is excellently planned out. It looks solid, yet just arbitrary enough to be naturally designed.

Ericmor - I like the detail that you've put into your buildings. It gives it more of a personal feeling.

teabag - I think that your maps are amazing. The way that you stylized them is just unthinkable to me, in a good way. I would never be able to come up with something like that, let alone actually make it happen.

The rest are also very good, but these three stood out to me. Here's hoping you all stick with it, and don't let these projects die.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
7/10 there are some errors.

That's all I could find since I'm not at my house.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
7/10
<3 design but even I know that you know it's empty. And I know you can eaisly fix that =D

well i am teaching BOE shops right now so Ill post the examples im sending him:

Rep:
Level 97
9 / 10. They look really nice and have lots of stuff in them, but they have a really weird shape.

I don't know why I am posting this one: it's probably too big to see properly and criticize, but:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
OMG OMG OMG

@ that AWSOME MAP!

10/10

Rep:
Level 88
Patriots all the way!!
I give it a 7/10 it seems a bit empty. But I cant map at all and this is much better than what I can do.
Im to cool to have my own signature!!!