RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Lol, another one from like a year ago.

I need to start making maps again and ignore Zeriab scripting other stuff

Just a little cave with a hole in the roof :P I don't know why I gave it shadows  :=:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 04:20:51 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
Some maps I did up over the last few days after going through a few tutorials - any suggestions on how to improve, pointing out mistakes, much appreciated!

Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
They look pretty nice shaz. I think they're quite good.

Rep:
Level 86
I love my eyes in this pic.....
I agree, though some are better than others, it's a good set of maps you got there!
"The best thing that life can offer... is the chance to work hard..........at work worth doing" That's Teddy Rooselvelt who said that, not me...

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
This is from my game "Rose Memories" It's a shot from the Silver Mines.

Rep:
Level 87
Here's a cave I did a week or so ago (same cave, different tilesets - my fave is the water caves).  Dilemma - I can't bring myself to put lots of greenery and pretty, bright plants into a cave that supposedly never sees the light of day.  That limits what I can have lying around a bit.  I suppose the easiest solution is to fuse tilesets.  Any other suggestions?  Would having a chest and maybe a torch or two, and a couple of bad guys wandering around, be enough of an addition to make these caves interesting?

Spoiler for Earth Cave - 182KB:
Spoiler for Fire Cave - 156KB:
Spoiler for Ice Cave - 187KB:
Spoiler for Water Cave - 167KB:

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Horrible maps. You need to either add more, or make the caves much smaller.

You also need to use shadow properly, without eye candy, all of your errors pop out.

Rep:
Level 87
You need to either add more
which would be just what I said :)

There isn't a lot in the way of shadow tiles in those maps, if you mean shadows cast from the cliffs - or I'm just not recognizing the correct tiles.

Rep:
Level 88
Back with RMVX!
Those look great shaz, but like you said, a little empty.
PROPERTY OF TEABAG!!! ALL HAIL TEABAG!!!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah. I agree

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...

CMS I'm building for me game, that's right, everything is inaccessible at the beginning.
Does it look okay..?

Rep:
Level 87
Maybe fusing tilesets is the answer - more things to put in there without feeling uncomfortable about having things that don't fit (in my mind).  I think I was spoiled with all the shadow tiles in the Snow tileset - I haven't seen another that's as flexible there.

I was probably paying too much attention to making different "levels" and filling up all the chasms.  Still have a lot to learn about adding all the little details.  And there are definitely some spots there where I should have searched a bit for a more appropriate tile.  Thanks for the feedback.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Ergh...I made a rather large map...and I deleted it by accident and then I saved it by accident...stupid, stupid me.

CMS I'm building for me game, that's right, everything is inaccessible at the beginning.
Does it look okay..?

Looks rather nice...but the windowskin...

Rep:
Level 89
Why does all heroes standing on the top of a cliff?

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Not bad, Zhuge. I think its depth can improve by moving the upper right corner cliff right by one square, to get rid of the straight line. :>
---

I just finished a new event title screen for Quintessence. <: Here's a screenshot:

But it's animated, so screenshot can't really capture that much. Here's a bad quality video to get a feel of what it's actually like in-game if possible:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2eYBs2A0rVU
(Make sure to turn on sound~)

Feedback/suggestions welcomed! <: I implemented Artbane's advice on making a seamless transition to the first scene on that map too.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:04:27 AM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 89
Wonderfull...just wonderfull. I can say so much more. The mapping is great, and the music is great. Everything looks good.

Rep:
Level 89
Im bumping this.

Here's the old version of the map that I posted before.

Here's the new version.

Rep:
Level 87
the shadow of the big tree on the panorama really stands out on the lighter background.  Both versions are nice.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Uh oh, AIR SHADOW!

ITS A FLYING SHADOW!

Other than that you rock Zhuge. :D

Rep:
Level 89
Thx. I will try to solve that shadow problem today.

Rep:
Level 89

Rep:
Level 87
both big trees have right-most leaves cut off.

I like the mushrooms growing OUT OF the log!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

A nearly completed ACDC town, using a tileset I have spent all day making. -________-

If it seems empty that's because...well, it is. I need room for special events and the like.

Also, it's based off of this map:

http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/EXE/EXE5/Maps/Real%20World/ACDC_tob.gif

I was going for authenticity over all else, so yeah. :D

Eventually the place will have cars driving around and people walking up and down the sidewalk. There's one more house to be made, and it's going to go right under that pink squirrel statue. I also have to plant a few more trees, though that's harder than you might suspect considering my tileset. Here's hoping all goes well from here out!

Rep:
Level 89
both big trees have right-most leaves cut off.

You are right. When did my tileset start to bug? ;9. Im working on it.

EDIT: Fixed ;) Here's the whole map.

Arrow: The tileset looks good, but the pink roof is bugging me somehow. It's not the colour, but it's something else..It looks just flat.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 12:47:11 PM by Zhuge Liang »