RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mapping TUT - Making house (Castle Town House)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
In this TUT, I will show how to make a good looking two story house using the Castle town tileset. (RTP DEFULT)

LETS START!

Layers:

Step 1: Paint out the grass tile on first layer. Next using the center wall tiles under red roof in tleset, make your bottom floor outline: LAYER 1
Spoiler for:

Step 2: Make the outline of the roof using the right/left/center tiles of the red roof in the correct spots. LAYER 1
Spoiler for:

Step 3: Using the center tiles as you did in the first step, lay out the upper floor. LAYER 1
Spoiler for:

step 4: redo step 2.
Spoiler for:

Step 5: Using the tiles on the above the right/left corner  tiles, extend the sides of the roof back, and make sure they are even. LAYER 1
Spoiler for:

Step 6: Swtich to LAYER 2, and place the coner tiles in teh correct places on the second floor roof.
Spoiler for:

Step 7: Now lay out the top of the roof using the two tiles inside the red roof top. Place them in the correct places. LAYER 1
Spoiler for:

Step 8: Using the correct tiles, connect the roof corners. LAYER 1
Spoiler for:

Step 9: Go back and fix the walls using the left and right wall tiles. LAYER 1
Spoiler for:

Step 10: Using layer 2/3 add stuff on the house to make it more alive.
Spoiler for:

Layer pictures:

Layer1:
Spoiler for:

Layer2:
Spoiler for:

layer3:
Spoiler for:
None, we did not use this layer. =D

House I made:
Spoiler for:
Hope you enjoyed this tut. Please leave feedback in this topic.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 01:16:12 AM by Nouman »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Nice detailed tutorial :)

Only things I would suggest is show a final screenshot in game, and maybe show smoke coming out, and a view of each layer ;)

Banned
Rep:
Level 87
Nice step by step tutorial.  :)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
So detailed! This is veeeery nice. 10 steps is the most I've ever seen in a tutorial!

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Hey, thanks for the reply's =D

Also darklord I took you up on your advice.

and yes 10 steps I was going to make it around 5 but wanted to make sure anyone can make it.

Rep:
Level 87
Language Teacher/translator
Hey nice one as ususal Nouman ^-^ v

I would rate you but still dont have access to the rep + option ^-^

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Smoke is an event command, Just right click (in event layer)  over the place you want it and click new event, then double the click the picture and go all the way down the list.

Rep:
Level 88
Just tried it, the roof for some reason covers the smoke up... Also, how do I make it animated automatically?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'm not big on animations for smokes and fires. Better to post your own topic with the question and someone will answer.

Rep:
Level 89
where is the door on the tileset?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
where is the door on the tileset?

The door can be done only through events. Make a new event on the tile you want the door. (right click on it in event layer, then select "new event") then on the left in the open box double click and scroll down to door's.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
why thank you! I made this because I linked it from my castle town tut.