RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GM7 Release

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
If I know anything about mathematics, Game Maker 7 will be released in about four hours and twenty minutes from this point. Downloading is probably going to be HELL. It would be nice is someone could start DLing a copy, then reupload it somewhere to make things easier on the rest of us who can't get an early start. ;D

If you do this, post the link here.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
bringing sexy back

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
 ;D Wow, Thanks, I'm going to download it when I get home.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Thank you thank you thank you!

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Well, I finshed downloading it and all I can see that is different is a button that publishes your game, and that retarded yoyogames logo on the bottom left that links to their website, other than that its the exact same  :-\

Rep:
Level 96
I'm kinda glad...Keep in mind though, the REAL changes come from the extenions you get made.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
http://crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads

:P

Shouldn't leave that up there for too long, they have an issue with it being hosted anywhere other than the main site.  In time you should probably just replace it with a link to the download page, when things will have slowed down.

Rep:
Level 96
I thought that may be the case...You should join IRC!

Believe it or not, I've never even been on it.  I remember downloading a client ages ago though...

I'll look into it, but feel free to suggest anything simple to use. (Trillian does IRC, correct?)

Right now I've been busy handling the mess caused by the release at the GMC, but I'll probably have more time nearing the weekend, just found out I'll actually have Sunday off (while I was expecting to work the entire weekend.)

Rep:
Level 96
Awesome! And yes, I believe trillian does IRC, I think I remember seeing a FAQ around here somewhere...

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Im gonna give a try at Game maker  ::)

EDIT: Evertime i try to test it crashes so never mind ...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:33:23 PM by Snailer »

Rep:
Level 96
Well, if you need any help, you know where to go. ;D

Um, where can i get it for free?
It tells me it costs 20 dollars.

Anyone?

Rep:
Level 96
Well, the program is free. The 20 dollar thing you are seeing is for the registered version. You can get LITE for zero cash.

(Coincidentally, Lite is currently available in the downloads section of crankeye.com, but it probably won't be for much longer so you may want to jump on that.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 04:39:02 AM by Arrow-1 »

Can you get me a link to it please?
Thanks.
The others are telling me some 20 dollars payment.

Rep:
Level 96
That's a very poor reason not to like something. If you don't like it, then don't post about it. I don't run around in the RM section going RM SUX BECAUSE IT GIVES NOOBS TOO MUCH MATERIAL do I?

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
We should  ;8

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
The Game Maker site is at http://www.gamemaker.nl/.  Current Release Version is version 7.  You may obtain the free version, Game Maker 7 Lite, by following the link on the top of the page.  If you want the registered version, Game maker 7 Pro, it will cost you $20.00.  Please do not host the files elsewhere.  The Community forums http://forums.gamemaker.nl/has a warning about this, I believe.

Well, I finshed downloading it and all I can see that is different is a button that publishes your game, and that retarded yoyogames logo on the bottom left that links to their website, other than that its the exact same  :-\

There are actually many changes.  if you press the help button, and look at the entry called "What is New", you will see the changes that were made between version 6.1 and version 7.

i don't really like it because there aren't any premade sprites or anything like in Rpg maker and PK.

Again, I am going to refer you to the site.  If you go there, and look on the left sidebar, there is a link called "Resources".  There, you can download the 5 Resource packs that come with just about everything - sprites, sounds, backgrounds, tilesets, and more.

I don't mean to be rude, or anything, but if anybody wants some REAL help with Game Maker, then you should really go to the Game Maker Community forums, where the experts are. 

http://forums.gamemaker.nl/

There are also a lot of other resources on the forums there, one being an extensive amount of tutorials, most of which are made by the community.  There are tutorials for almost everything, and if you can't find the one you want, then you can request one, and more than likely, someone will either make it and post it, or they will direct you to where you can find what you are looking for. 

I will have to say, that making an RPG with GM is not the easiest thing in the world, especially for a new user.  Every game made in GM starts from scratch.  There are no templates, no built-in formulas, or anything, like there is in RPG maker.  If you are wanting to make RPGs with it, then it is suggested, not only by me, but the entire community, that you follow the tutorials that are on the Main site, located by following the "Tutorials" link on the left sidebar.  Follow each tutorial, one by one, and learn the aspects of making all different types of games.  There is not an RPG tutorial there, but you may be able to find some on the Community forums.

Rep:
Level 96
*CLAP!* Bravo, good sirrah!

Finally, got a good one!