RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(resolved) need help

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
how do i cause my player and enemy to attack on there own for movie scene's
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 01:56:28 AM by Nathmatt »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
attack on their own? or are you going to make it so they DO attack at a certain point in the scene.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

attack on ther own

Rep:
Level 88
*yawn*
If you mean characters fighting eachother in a cutscene, just make an auto start  that makes them collide and start combat, you can use Show Animation to make it look like they are fighting without going into a combat scene.....

if that isnt what you mean then  ???

i want to do it in a combat scene

Rep:
Level 88
*yawn*
Do you want it to be fully automated? Like, you as the player just sit and watch as your character and the enemy just fight, or did you want you to be in control

unfortunately, i wouldnt know how to do it  :-\ Sooooo yeah...... sorry

actually, blizzard did it in his demo of Chaos Project.... maybe he could help you...

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Well, this was how I did it... I might be wrong, though.

(I'm using PK edition, so it might be a little bit different.)

In database, go to Monster Group, and place whatever monster you wish to place there.
Then, for the first page, place trigger as Turn 0 (first box.).
This will cause the event to trigger on the start of the battle.
From there, show battle animation if you want to show attack. It can be found on the third window. You will also need Force Action and Deal Damage for this.

The code went something like:
Code: [Select]
Show Battle Animation[B]: [1.<Enemy Name>], [Slash]
Force Action: Hero 1, Attack, Last Target, Execute Now
Deal Damage [1.<enemy>], [<damage>]

To use it in a game, just use Enemy Encounter and use that certain battle.

And the code continues. I don't really have the time to explain with screenshots. I need to study for a test tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 89
A rittle much...? Or not nearry enough!?
Just to add onto what Teokeez already mentioned....

I hope this isn't too horrible, it's 6am (and I haven't slept, oh noes) so I don't exactly expect it to be awesome either.  ;) Feel free to correct me here, or add onto it if my crazy 6am explantion makes no sense.

Spoiler for:
1. Database > Troops > Appropriate enemy for battle
2. For Battle Event, set Condition to Turn 0 to ensure that it starts as soon as you enter the fight.
3. Insert > Show Battle Animation (third tab) > Choose Enemy to be attacked > Choose Attack
4. Insert > Force Action (third tab) > Choose character to attack > Choose target (Last Target) > Execute Now
5. Insert > Deal Damage (third tab) > Same enemy as #3 > Set amount of damage done to said enemy (Constant: 345 - this will deal 345 damage to the enemy).

You can either have another party member attack the enemy, or have the enemy attack now. For the enemy to attack, you just need to change things around so the Battle Animation shows up on the party member, and that the party member loses health, not the enemy.

Rep:
Level 87
If you have your answer please add a RESOLVED to the title