RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Epic Game - Testers needed

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Epic Game
Epic game is now in need of a tester/testers to test the game demo releases. The reason I am in need since well...im not known for posting a topic here, is because 2 people had issues with the game but did not go in detail about what had happened. Then I replyed asked for the others who downloaded to come forward and tell me if they had the same problems. No reply!

Game topic can be found here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13136.0.html

currently two spots open.
Also it would be great it at lease out of the three uses PK and someone else uses legal.

From the people who replyed about playing the game, they seem to find it fun so if its a hit either way, your name is in the credits. and its not a boring game to test.

Thanks.

Current:
modern algebra - Legal Version.
Irockman1
Nightwolf - PK
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 02:30:05 PM by Nouman »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'll test  :D. I played the demo you have up - it was fun. I had no problems, though there was an area that was missing a wall. I'm using legal version by the way.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Thanks modern algebra.  :D
also what part is missing a wall? xD

the main issues I am targeting are these:

It starts then the error noise comes in and stops.
With no note

I get a Black screen and then it closes...kinda annoying.

Edit: wall missing: twice behind the stairs, and one in the map after you walk down the first stairs, before the map you get darth vader.. Were thouse the walls you had noticed?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:18:44 AM by Nouman »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I will test. i also played the demo.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

cool, do you use PK or legal version. *hopes its PK* lol
also did you notice anything in the demo? Or did it run fine?

With no note

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:39:05 AM by Nouman »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

cool, do you use PK or legal version. *hopes its PK* lol
also did you notice anything in the demo? Or did it run fine?

With no note

[/quote]
When I got into the castle room with the red carpet two guys tryed to come at me but got stuck and I couldn't go anywhere.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

When I got into the castle room with the red carpet two guys tryed to come at me but got stuck and I couldn't go anywhere.

ok, is this is the most recent demo v2. or the first released demo? The first one had this issue, but i was sure I had it fixed in the second.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I had no technical errors at all, and I played through the demo twice. The wall I was referring to was in the room before you go downstairs and vader is talking to the innkeeper, after the castle. Also, in Vader's cell, the legs were missing from one of the desks. Those were minor, the game ran smoothly with no technical errors.

Rep:
Level 102

ok, is this is the most recent demo v2. or the first released demo? The first one had this issue, but i was sure I had it fixed in the second.

The release one. i'll play the new onelater tonight when I get some time. is that okay?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yea, I don't like to force my team members to do stuff, play when you can.

also Modern:
Thanks for the mapping mistakes. I notice what you are talking about and have fixed them.

Rep:
Level 97
np :lol:

you reply so fast it's like an instant messenger conversation ;8

makes it easy to test
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 01:44:11 AM by modern algebra »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
np :lol:

you reply so fast it's like an instant messenger conversation ;8

yea, I want to make sure the game has everything top notch. the comments on it not working got me scared.  :D

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
Well aren't you twisted. XD XD

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
K i can test, it'd be nice, simpsonz lol.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
I dont know why but when i first played the demo, it came up with an error it said Warning this game may shock and amaze you, and it DID !!! Bravo lad, Bravo
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I dont know why but when i first played the demo, it came up with an error it said Warning this game may shock and amaze you, and it DID !!! Bravo lad, Bravo

hey, thanks!
K i can test, it'd be nice, simpsonz lol.

SWEETNESS.
Alright, thats about it, all three tester spots are full as of now..

unless..Nighty what version do you use?
I might need someone extra who uses PK version.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I never do leagel things.
Arlen is hot.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Alright well new fixed v2 was uploaded. Whenever you have the time just take a look at the old mistakes as well as a lookout for new ones.

thanks.

Rep:
Level 97
No technical errors, and all noted errors from before are fixed as far as I can tell. One thing about the mapping is some strange use of shadow. For example, in the first area of the castle, it looks like you have a layer of shadow above the shadowed floor, and so it makes it look like there is a thin layer of light tile between the two darker tiles. I don't now if that's an error so much as just my opinion, but meh. Also, I think there are some misplaced stair posts in the map before the one where vader is talking to the inn keeper. Otherwise, it's very nice.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
thanks, and yes that is a mapping mistake xD i made that hall bigger and layerd the black over wrong. Thanks for finding these! and yes I think the teleport is in the wrong place before the vader talk with the person.

Thanks!

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I think you know it but im just saying it..

There is still white between the legs and hair of homer as Battler Maybe cut it out ? :-X

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I think you know it but im just saying it..

There is still white between the legs and hair of homer as Battler Maybe cut it out ? :-X

I'm going to request a new homer, one that fits more in with rtp.