RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Eternal Sun, sequel to golden sun [updated 10/22/2008]

Rep:
Level 88
Eternal Sun (tentative title)

Notes: Bold means updated since last update.
       Scratched means basically done.

This is a game about the back story to golden sun. So far:
Spoiler for:
Prologue:
Providence was an ordinary world once, very little happened in the way of crime and dishonesty, and  there was a peaceful co-existence among the people. Then, one fateful day, the sky was split asunder and to the amazement of the people another world could be seen in the sky. But this world was very unlike their own, the water was blue, the earth was brown, a blue sky moved across the land and the fires burned red.
Raya a Pluto Adept of Kiijaam was intrigued by this world and traveled to The Eternal mountain the sacred peak, where the center of this other world was fixated. As she arrived an argument was raging amongst the people at the peak, as she approached the group a small stone caught her attention. It was simply sitting on the ground in the center of the group, curious about this stone she reached out to pick it up. A hand shot out from the group and caught her arm before she touched it.
Man1-“Do not touch the stone!”
Raya-“Why are you forbidding me to touch this stone?”
Man2-“Because, another has touched it...and....she's gone...”
Raya-“Who is gone? Where did she go?”
Man2-“My wife touched the stone, then she disappeared! We are trying to decide what to do with it.”
Raya-“Please let me try something...i have a theory, no not fret i shall not touch it.”
Then Raya closed her eyes and concentrated on her teachings. She opened her eyes and she yelled:
     “Lift!” and the stone rose into the air. Suddenly the stone began to glow and shot towards her,
     coming to a stop in the air in front of her face.
Man2-“No! You mustn't....you'll...”
Raya-“I'll what, father? Discover my fate? This stone does not kill, it simply moves people.”
Raya’s Father-“How can you possibly know that?”
Raya-“Because, I know.”
And before anyone could stop her she grabbed the stone...
Man1-“This cannot be!”
Raya-“How....how am i still here! This stone was supposed to take me to a place where i could learn
     my fate!”
Raya’s Father-“This stone my not take you to your fate, but it is linked with it. Only you have been
     able to master the Pluto Kiijaam. And it clearly reacted to it!”
Man1-“Let us return to the village, we shall figure this out there.”
Chapter 1:
Unable to unlock the secrets of the stone it was passed down generation after generation for hundreds of years. Over the years the people learned that the other world was polluting Providence, covering the Eternal mountain with it’s own elements, creating fatal diseases, and mutating the creatures into violent monsters. Claire, the most recent holder of the stone, was sitting in her favorite spot, thinking, when her good friend Alex came to visit her.
Alex-“Amazing isn't it?”
Claire-“What is?”
Alex-“It's amazing that, that stupid stone could cause all that has happened to this world.”
Claire- “Now, Alex, we don't know that for sure! It could be something else.”
Alex- “No, it isn't, just hear me out. I took a look at a painting of the other world, it's from the days when it was new and our world was clean. That world is shrinking...”
Claire- “What? What do you mean shrinking?”
Alex- “I mean exactly as i said, it's shrinking, the continents are smaller, the edges are moving and the sea flows off the side. And how else do you explain the fact that all the land around The Eternal mountain looks like their world?”
Claire- “What are you getting at Alex?”
Alex- “Don't you see? Their world is moving into ours! Their world isn't just disappearing it's coming into our world!”
Claire- “Well what do you propose we do about it?”
Alex- “Take the stone back.”
Claire- “Back? Back where?”
Alex- “To their world.”
Claire- “WHAT? Are you insane? For one thing how do you plan on getting there? And another, how do you know that these diseases aren't caused by their world too?”
Alex- “I know these diseases are caused by there world, but only when it combines with ours.”
Claire- “What?”
Alex- “The danger zone is where it is only partially their world, they have different elements. But once you get to The Eternal mountain it is clear again because it is only their elements.”
Claire- “How do you know this?”
Alex- “I know, because i traveled to the peak.”
Claire- “You made it there?”
Alex- “Adepts are unaffected by the diseases.”
Claire- “Unaffected? That's impossible!”
Alex- “Have you ever met a sick Adept? Me and June went there.”
Claire- “That still doesn't explain how you didn't get sick, or prove that Adepts are unaffected!”
Alex- “June got sick, i didn't, i have been studying Neptune in secret.”
Claire- “June is sick? Is this about revenge? Do you think that going to the other world will save her?”
Alex- “Yes, i believe it can save her but i do not care for revenge.”
Claire- “....We still need to find a way to get there...”
Alex- “No, we simply need to do a few things to get there. At the peak i learned that there is not 1 but 4 of these stones...each one reacted to an Adept and have been passed down the same as yours, I will go to the west, there is a town there of Neptune Adepts.”
Claire- “Have you been there?”
Alex- “Yes, that is where i train, i do not go to Karroc for school, i go there. And i will need you to head east, there is a village that way that holds the Saturn star.”
Claire- “Saturn star?”
Alex- “Yes, the stone that is aligned with the element of Saturn. Go there and retrieve it, i do not know where the Uranus star is located but i know you will find it, once we have all 4 we will be able to go to the other world from The Eternal mountain. Gather the 3 and meet me there, i shall bring the Neptune star.”
Claire- “What kind of excuse are we going to use for our absence?”
Alex- “The truth, we're going to save our world. But we will leave a note, and leave during the night. You must get ready, we leave tomorrow night”
Claire- “OK, Alex, tomorrow night. By the front gate?”
Alex- “No, we must go out through the forest.”
the next night....
Alex- “Are you ready?”
Claire- “Yes Alex i'm ready, i can handle myself.”
Alex-<smiles> “Hmm, you'll find it different being among people you don't know, but i believe you can handle yourself. Good luck, meet me at the peak of The Eternal mountain in 1 months time, or sooner if you can.”
Claire- “I will, and good luck to you too.”
and with that Claire and Alex set off on their journey to save the world...
Some of the items to be put into the story:
Spoiler for:
-story takes place pre-golden sun and continues through past the end of GS:TLA
-How and why the lighthouses were created/elements sealed.
-How Alex learned of the stone of sages.
-Why the world is shrinking with the elements sealed.
-How the 'Rocks' came to be. (ie. gaia rock, aqua rock...) as well as their TRUE purpose.
-4 different elements to start as it is in the 'negative' world, then later on all 8.
-the beginning of alchemy/psynergy, as well as the end.
-why lemurian water lengthens life.
-how the fusion that Saturos/Menardi use works. (and possibly the ability to do so)
-who the hell the wise one is.
-back stories behind side quest bosses. (ie. dulahan, the pirate guy from GS1, i can't remember his name, and others...)
-who sheba is.
-why the sea rose after lighting Venus lighthouse.
-an alternative reason why the peninsula broke away from the continent at the beginning of GS:TLA.
-extended story to the werewolf town, Garoh.
-what the contigo ruins are. (where dulahan is)
-possible plot: the dark world has it's own 4 elements and lighthouses and a dark stone (opposite of stone of sages) and the only way to truly get rid of
 alchemy, psynergy and save both worlds is to fuse the stone of sages with the dark stone. The reason that the player will be trying to eliminate psynergy altogether is because of a betrayal by a character yet to be introduced in their entirety.
that's all i have for story but i am going to try to get as much of the battle system from GS1 and GS:TLA as i can.

Characters: (only ideas so far)
Spoiler for:
- Character1:
      name: Claire
      sex: female (just cuz there are too few that have a lead woman :P)
      elemental affiliation: Pluto
      personality: shy(because of having a big name to live up to, decsendent of Raya),
                          black/white views, mistrusting.
      base class: N/A
      family: Decendant of the great Raya who tamed the power of the Pluto Star.
      background: prophecy depicts that a wielder of the Pluto Star will clense the plagued lands that
                           seperate the village of Phor from the Eternal mountain.

- Character2:
      name: Hugo
      sex: Male
      elemental affiliation: Uranus
      personality: Day-dreamer, empty minded, cold
      family: Prince next-in line to the throne
      Background: feels regected from the family because he hates the life of royalty. Want to explore the world and find where he truly belongs.

- Character3:
      name: N/A
      sex: N/A
      elemental affiliation: N/A
      personality: N/A
      family: N/A
      background: N/A

- Character4:
      name: Sylphie
      sex: female
      elemental affiliation: Neptune
      personality: goodie two shoes, saint, curious
      family: dead
      background: secret admirer of Alex, follows the group simply to be able to actually meet him.

-Non-Player Character 1:
      name: Alex
      sex: Male
      elemental affiliation: mercury (possibly neptune as well)
      personality: in GS1&2 Alex was a shady character, simply because he helped the party at various parts of the game, even though he was working against them. At the end of GS2 it was
      revealed that the main reason Alex wanted the seal on Alchemy broken was to gain possesion of the stone of sages. I plan to add on this by
      making it that his origional reason for retrieving the stone of sages was to save his sisters life, possibly she dies and this causes him to
      become angry with the world and bent on dominating it.

-Non-Player Character 2:
      name: Almighty One
      sex: N/A
      elemental affiliation: N/A
      personality: A being of unimaginable strength. Extended details are to remain unspoiled.

Elements/Classes:
Spoiler for:
Red=reduced effectiveness
Green=increaced effectiveness
Blue=neutral
Yellow=Symbiotes

Things i need: (i am simply putting this here for what i could use suggestions on)
Spoiler for:
NOTE: for the pictures/tilestes/etc. simply cutting from the origionals doesn't seem to fit, lower color depth and worse resolution, so IF you really want to add these elements PLEASE re-make them so that they will fit with the colors used in RMXP. Also make them AT LEAST double width and height. I know it's a pain, but help will be greatly appreciated.

-I am currently working on my CMS and CBS. Nothing substantial yet, but when i get them up i'll post screenies...
-characters to embody my elements (in GS the characters hair was the color of their elements color, ie isaac had brown hair, mia had blue;
 also their personalities were reflective of their elements....garret was bold and foolhardy, isaac was stern and dependable)
-characters to serve the roles of Saturos/Menardi in the alternative world.
-battle/character/face pics for all the above.
-a world map in scale with GS:TLA for the dark world and possibly the GS:TLA world map as well. (I have decided that the whole different colors thing is too much, sure there are different elements but they still create the same colors...saves alot of unnecessary work.)
-new djinni/class designs. (each of the different elements of djinni looked different so i want all mine to be totally new as well. and i need
 new classes to go with the new elements)
-scripts/ways to have the systems/menus from the originals. some specifics:
 -non-square based movement. (i.e when you let go of the button you stop, instead of aligning to a grid, this is not very important, but desired)
 -8-way movement. (not desired if the above isn't available)
 -djinn equipment system/classes.
 -customizable psynergy shortcuts. (ie. in GS1&2 you could set a psynergy to l and instantly use that psynergy by pressing l out of battle)
 -if possible the moving battle system. (although i'm not getting my hopes up)
 -all the funky terrain movement. (ie the slides, ropes...)
 -iconic root menu system.

-psynergy icons.
-possibly some enemy battle/character/face pics.
-psynergy/summons to go with the new elements.
-animations of psynergy/summons.
-title screen/game over screen.
-sounds/music.
-items/equipment.
-possibly some tilesets as well.
-and anything else that isn't already stated to be finished on this page.

Help:
I am looking for all the help i can get, i am very new to RPGXP and i am extremely ambitious with this game (as in i want it bigger than the origional O.o)

Team:
Myself-everything.
Algid-Plot, charsets, battlers, tilesets.
Camala - Story
an RL friend of mine - charsets, battlers.

Demo:
Maps: 1%
Battle: 0%
Characters: 20%
Plot: <1%
Menus: 15% I now have the menus back to beyond where they were last time! check out the slight improvements. (you may also notice that the games stats viewable in the menu viewable by activating the post are different than the ones in my menu, that is because the new stuff is mostly just removing in game variables and using my own so i don't have to work within the games limitations on other things)(by this i mean activate the 'post', check the str value then press esc and check it there, they will be different!)
Classes: 0%
Elements and djinni: 20%
Overall: 1%
Demo: TBA
Beta Release: TBA
Gold release: TBA
My Current task: attempting to make a CMS that reflects the original, it's going...slowly. Creating classes/psynergies for new elements.
Start date: February 24th, 2007

Will try to update at least once a month if not every day :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:11:57 PM by atracious »
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
No.. i think he some sort of Midboss
ya ive played through most of golden sun and this looks interesting so i wish you luck.
"Life is a struggle; technology creates more idiot proof things, and the universe creates better idiots; so far the universe is winning" -Shino_Ryuu

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
I love both golden sun i own the second one of the best rpgs ever!

Good Luck!

Rep:
Level 87
Golden Sun rules it is the best.
Current Game: "The Burning Lands"

Rep:
Level 88
Menu & Battle System Guru
sorry if this is offtopic...what system was GS on?

Rep:
Level 88
sorry if this is offtopic...what system was GS on?
Game boy advance, so this will be an upgrade in graphics :)
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Oh you want icons too. Ok here.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Some more.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Wait you know what, this could b a lot easier.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Looks awsome. But they kicked Pluto out of the Solar System.

Rep:
Level 88
But they kicked Pluto out of the Solar System.
LOL i know BUT, this happens BEFORE they kicked it out! :) Plus it was the best fit for the element type.

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
atracious, here is a grey fire terrain set, like you asked.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 88
I was actually more looking for ALL tose things on one tileset, but i can just combine them later :) Looks really good!

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Thanks. I'll start working on the others.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I can rip the tile set used in GS.
Also, I can rip most monsters and other things like icons.

I love that game so much!

Rep:
Level 88
I can rip the tile set used in GS.
Also, I can rip most monsters and other things like icons.

I love that game so much!
well i already have icon and items (as you can see in the above posts)
but anything else would be much appreciated.

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Soo...gannondorf, that means, monsters and tilesets?  :wiimote:

Rep:
Level 88
Soo...that means, monsters and tilesets?  :wiimote:
look in the "Things I need" spoiler in the first post
gannondorf
1000 points if you can guess EXACTLY what my avatar really is :)

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Hmm...is it gannondaorf from windwaker E3, before they made it selhshaded? (I don't know how to spell it...)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
done, the heads are:

felix
isaac
jenna
alex
and bardien

Rep:
Level 88
done, the heads are:

felix
isaac
jenna
alex
and bardien
Hmm... I'm seccond guessing using origional pics from Golden Sun games, they seem to clash with the XP tilesets, my tilesets will change but, they are higher quality too, it makes these pics too small :( Might have to re-make them larger and with full color instead of 256 color. But i'll hang on to these and give credit if i use them.
see:
Spoiler for:

Hmm...is it gannondaorf from windwaker E3, before they made it selhshaded? (I don't know how to spell it...)
Nope, It's gannondorf all-right, but from Twilight Princess.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 01:51:43 AM by atracious »

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
weeeeell...I can't redo them, because I'me moving. but maybe when I get there

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
atracious, I was thinking also, since this game is a parallel to Golden Sun, why not call it Silver Moon?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Rep:
Level 88
silver moon eh? I'll add it to the list! :)
I'm not going to officially decide a name till i can actually get the systems somewhat working, but i'll keep this around for when i do decide.

Funny anagrams:
Dormitory=Dirty room
The IRS=Theirs!