RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Discussion of GM Board being Open

Rep:
Level 88
EVIL DOGGY!!!! CATS RULE!
Ah this is a good idea. I always wanted to try out game maker and now there is a forum for me to post problems. This is great
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:51:06 PM by arrowone »
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!
WHY DID YOU LOOK!!! YOU DISOBEDIENT FOOL

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yup! Oh, I should also mention, the website has a number of examples to get you started more quickly. I'll edit the first post.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
so...game maker > rmxp?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 96
Unless you are making an RPG, I can say yes in total confidence.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Unless you are making an RPG, I can say yes in total confidence.

unless your making an rpg?  :D
what type of games is it best for?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Platforms
Which are gone thanx to no more 2d gaming :(

Rep:
Level 96
Anything! And not just games, you can also make screensavers, word processing applications, webpage refreshers, internet browsers...literally ANYTHING.

The only resaon I said "Unless you are making an RPG" is because RPG Maker all ready has the base laid out of you, and Game Maker does not. RPG's are difficult to make in Game Maker because there are a lot of complex equations involved that RPG Maker usually would just do for you.

But if you are making a platformer, and FPS, a flight simulator, a racing game, a sports game, or anything else that ISN'T an rpg, this is your program.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
*Nouman clicks download will get back with results after I try it out...which might take a week since im in homework trouble  :(

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
This section of the forum is for Game Maker. Game Maker is more complex than RPG Maker, but it is far more malleable and workable. Using Game Maker, you can literally make whatever you want, so long as you can code it.

I guess you don't know much about RPG Maker then.

Rep:
Level 96
Well yes, there's RGSS, but RPG Maker is designed for RPG's, whereas Game Maker is made to be more universal.

However, I suppose I should reword what I said regardless. Just a moment. Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
i was going to suggest this. But should it be at the top over RPG Maker?

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
YAAAYY

It's .nl :D

anyways im gonna check it

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
I love game maker!!! Dident know anyone else did!!! Ill probably never use RPG Maker again knowing theres someplace to discuss Game Maker!
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Really?! I think I'll stick to RPG Maker. I only want to make RPG'S so....

Rep:
Level 96
Well, good to see this is (so far) a welcome addition! Hopefully this board will be around for a while. ;D

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Yep, and with you as the sexy dedicated mod, it will be!

Rep:
Level 96
That's right, I AM dedicated. And to prove this, I'm going to upload an example project tonight.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Wow, well done. I'll get it!

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I am very glad to have a Game Maker board around here, I will contribute and make sure this board flourishes.

Rep:
Level 96
Hey, THANKS. ;D Glad to know I'll have help.

Rep:
Level 96
Doublepost: The official release date for Game Maker 7 is the 28th. WEDNESDAY.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
KICKASS!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!

Rep:
Level 88
YOU CAN MAKE SONIC FOR GOD SAKES!

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
You can do all this stuff with RPG Maker. It's just because of the RPG tag that theres such a massive lack of creative ideas with it.

Rep:
Level 96
You can, but not effectively...That RGSS stuff is probably incredibly slow too...

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Like I said before, clearly you don't know anything about it. =/

Rep:
Level 96
Meh, all right.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
That RGSS stuff is probably incredibly slow too...

Fixed. xD
But that's the main reason I like it. My scripts HAVE to be efficient. That way I learn to code efficient. (^__^)
But it's true, you CAN make all the stuff with RM as well. At least with RMXP. Seen the collection of 3D engines? 3 oldskool 3D engines in one project, quite well made.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 01:47:58 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
I actuall haven't seen them. I thought you said 3D was not a realistic idea in RMXP?