RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Talk" to a plant - get an item ... HELP ME PLIZZ!! [RESOLVED]

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
Hi, Kessiah is back in da house! xP

However, I need to see if there is any help I can get ... You know that in many RPGs you can "talk" to a plant, like a mushroom, and you get it? Lik in the latest pokemon-games where you "talk" to a bush and get like a nanab berry! Is there some way I can do that like it would say like

"[(Hero_name)] spotted a Candeli bush.
[Show choice] Pick
[Show choice] Leave".

Do you get it? Well, however ... I can easily make this work by using an event on the plant that says that ... But what if I want to make this a regular thing so that I won't have to make a new event for every bush or so ... How can I do this? Do I have to use events? Or is there liek a script or something else that can make this work.

And also, I would like to do it so that every time you pick some berries the amount will be randomly chosen (between a certain amount, e.g. between 3-4). And that is maybe some times says "Unfortunately there are no berries left" ...

Is there someone that can help me with this? Plizz!

Thank you, Kessiah!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:37:57 PM by Kessiah »

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You have to make n event for each one. You could make it a common event if you want and just have the event call it. As for random, that's easy. Just at the start of the event, make a variable like:
Code: [Select]
Control Variables: [Berry Picking] Random 0...n
Conditional Branch: Variable [Berry Picking] = 0
    No berries left
Else
    Conditional Branch: [Berry Picking] = 1
         you get one berry

conditional branch: [Berry picking] = n
       you get n berries

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Here is my way, this one has it so you can make the plant regenerate. And it has the yes/no.
Here you go!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 05:28:55 PM by BanisherOfEden »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com

Rukinet. - the dot's included!