RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Scrolling system

Rep:
Level 88
Getting an idea from another thread, i decided to make a view scrolling system. The player remains stationary, while the view scrolls around the map according to the wish of the player. It's hard to believe how much time went into it.

I don't have time to make it all fancy, so I'll just put a screenshot later and the download link now:

http://rapidshare.com/files/17369810/Scrolling.exe.html

Just look for the Introduction in the Common events.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I didnt download it, i think it can be done by events, but i';m not sure.

And i know you did it with events, maybe easier ones, so good work.
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I didnt download it, i think it can be done by events, but i';m not sure.

And i know you did it with events, maybe easier ones, so good work.

yes by events I assume, I havent downloaded it either, will when I get home.
probally
conditional branch: button: right is being pressed
  - Move screen x,y to the right.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
It's odd how complicated it became when I actually started taking in the big picture. You can't make the player fixed simply with events, so I had to make a whole system of strategically placed blocks and messed-up character graphics.

Rep:
Level 87
Language Teacher/translator
My way of doing it is that i would simply put an even with your character image that is fix and dont move then simply have your Hero invisible moving around and when you hit a key it warp back to it's main location switching image from switch off(without a picture and make hero visible face down)

Of course if you want it to be done from anyware around the map, that would need something else to work on but i myself try to work to lower the even use so i would have to pass an hour making it possible then 2 days to optimize it to the best to avoid using too much even or switch.

I dont know much about scrip as i do mostly all i want using only even and switch/branche etc.

Keep up the good work!

Elistios

Rep:
Level 88
You know, that's actually more efficient than the system I have right now. The downside is that it's slower and has more of a delay than my system.

Rep:
Level 87
Language Teacher/translator
Your right...hum..maybe you can find the way to move faster (there were a way to move Hero faster then is normal speed just like the springshoes would make in FF3) if you can increase your hero speed then you can move way faster and scrool the map a lot better.

Just an idea ^-^ v

EListios