RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ORBS the Game

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
My first actual game maker game!

http://www.freewebs.com/koolkidsproductions/Orbs.exe

EDIT: There is my first game maker.

Note: You have to copy and paste the link for it to work in Firefox.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 01:58:24 AM by bulls84 »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
This is very good for your first game!

Are you still working on it? If you are I would suggest doing the following:

1. Make a blank 32x32 sprite that is NOT transparent. Tell the main player object to use this as a mask.

2.When it plays the sound for bouncing off the wall, tell it to stop the last instance of that sound effect. So if the sound was called BONK, you would say stop sound BONK, then play sound BONK. Otherwise you get stack, and that can be harmful to your speakers.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Thanks, for the advice arrowone.

This is very good for your first game!

Are you still working on it? If you are I would suggest doing the following:

1. Make a blank 32x32 sprite that is NOT transparent. Tell the main player object to use this as a mask.

2.When it plays the sound for bouncing off the wall, tell it to stop the last instance of that sound effect. So if the sound was called BONK, you would say stop sound BONK, then play sound BONK. Otherwise you get stack, and that can be harmful to your speakers.

How do I tell it stop the last instance of the sound effect.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 01:52:42 AM by bulls84 »

Rep:
Level 96
Just say stop sound, and select the sound you are about to play. Stop sound should look just like play sound, and be right next to play sound, except there is a red X over it.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
LOOOOOL if i pres button i get rederected here ..

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This game made me cry.  :'(

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90

::)

I knew that... ::)

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.

On the rules arrow made, you need to say why.

Dont you...?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

On the rules arrow made, you need to say why.

Dont you...?
I can't get past this one level.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Actually, neither could I. It is the first one your talking about?

Rep:
Level 102
No. It was like the 5th or something. Why can't the thing go forward without having to bounce off of a wall?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Oh, so I'm just not very good. I think It's realistic, the wall bouncing thing.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Note: You have to copy and paste the link for it to work in Firefox, OR OPERA.
fixed.  And for some reason, I dont think this is your first game.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
So, is my game challenging enough?

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Yeah, its a very good game but I can see a few easy to fix things:
Masks: read some tutorials on masks, I will probably post some later, but you should use one for your main character (a drill type thing, wasnt it?)
Collisions: When your character hit the wall you could keep holding the button and keep going in the direction you were hit, just say "collision with wall, move in direction (middle square) speed: 0".
Enemy AI: just work on it a bit, use some paths.

Rep:
Level 96
In addition to that, you may want to make the player character snap to the grid when you release the arrow keys.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Note: You have to copy and paste the link for it to work in Firefox, OR OPERA.
fixed.  And for some reason, I dont think this is your first game.

Although it says ORBS 2, technically this is my first game. ORBS 1 was just without the titles and few glitches. I have played around with the program a bit before but I never actually made a game.

Rep:
Level 96
Ah, I see. I was kind of wondering about that one myself. ;D