RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hero name selection at the start of the game Tutorial Please

Rep:
Level 87
Language Teacher/translator
First of all greeting everyone as this is my first post, nice to meet you all!

Ok i've been doing some RPG using RPGMAKER 2003 a long time ago and i'm back with the idea of continue my work on some old games that i had left behind back then.

Back when the RM2003 was new, everyone was looking to find a ways to make a Selection For the Hero name at the beggining of the game that could make it possible for a character to play using their a name of their own for their character.

I had seen a lot of tutorial on this a long time ago but as it's been so long i hope some pple have finaly manage to find a way to do it. If so (and that there was a sticky topic somewhere or FAQ on it, sorry i havent found it so i'll guess and ask it again). I would like if someone can give me a tutorial on how it can be done. (like a case sensitive way or maybe a "Insert the name of your choice here" then copy and paste the choice of the player then using it in the change hero name.

Anyway i had try for hours to find something but as i have not code in RM2003 in ages, i have to do some more training and need anyone help to find me a solution to that basic but really usfull issues.

Thanks in advance!

Elistios