RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Two n00bish questions:

Rep:
Level 88
Frst off, how do you change the movement speed and frequency of the player? I've looked everywhere, but I can't find the option.

Secondly, what if you want to transfer a player to another map at the exact same coordinates that he is before the transfer? For example, if you want to change something big about a map when, say, a lever is pulled, you can simply make an almost identical map with the appropriate changes and transfer the player, no fade, to that other map. But how would you ensure that the player is transferred in the exact same place on the map as he/she was before? Would you need a script for this?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
1) Make an event, and go on the second tab and choose "Set Move Route", then select the "Change Speed" option and increase the speed. Do the same on the "Change Frequency" option. The screen shot will help:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/nevfx/changefreqspeed.jpg

2) You answered it yourself, an event, then select "Transfer Player". Click the arrows next to the co-ordinates, and select the map and square you want the player to appear one. You can also do this with switches, but you can do it this way as well.

Rep:
Level 88
1) Thanks! I never noticed that...

2) You misunderstand what I'm saying. If, say, the player is pulling a switch, there are four places from which he/she can do that, from above, below, right or left. How do I ensure that, no matter what place the player might be, he/she will always end up in the very place he was on the first map?

Okay, that was confusing. Say you wanted a parallel process that transfers the player to another map with the corresponding coordinates when the CTRL button is pressed? In that case, the player could have any coordinates.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Oh! I don't know then. But there is a conditional branch in which something happens if a player is pressing a certain button.

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Make 2 variables Called   HeroX  and Hero Y
And let them store the hero's X and Hero's Y coordinate
And continously let them see what coordinates you have until button pressed let him teleport

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I beat Twilight Princess faster than you
Just to explain what Snailer said:

Set up two variables, heroX and heroY. Have a parallel process running and whenever the hero moves to the right, heroX  increases by one. Whenever they move to the left, heroX decreases by one. When they move up, heroY decreases by one. When they move down, heroY increases by one.

Then just have the teleport event command set to teleport them to the variables heroX,heroY.

^^
Current Project ~ Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG
Just as a note, I fully understand variables and switches, so there's no need to treat me like a noob :D

Rep:
Level 88
Oh. All right, that seems right. Thanks!