RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A Graphical Problem [RESOLVED]

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
OK I got a problem.  I'm just starting out with using RPG Maker XP and here is what happened.  I made an event where when my character touches another character and some text will appear.  The problem is a graphical problem.  Notice in the picture here that the character at the top (the one that will be touched) that his feet are over the head of my character.  Can you see that?  It's not supposed to be that way.  My character's head should be showed overlapping the other guy's feet.  Do you understand what im trying to say?  How do i remedy that?  I would really appreciate your help on this.  Thank You!  ;D

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 12:04:56 AM by 777Ninja777 »

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
When you made the event, did you have it as "Always On Top", what boxes are ticked?

well i had always on top checked.  Then i tried all different things too.  And it is still the same.  What could this problem be?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
If always on top is checked, thats why.

ok well now i unchecked the always on top thing and changed it to Direction Fix.  And i still have the problem.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Hmm...tick the top one and leave the others unticked.

nope. still same problem....

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I dont have a bloody clue then, sorry.

hmm...well, i hope somebody else can come up with a good answer.  Cus this is really annoying....Has anyone here ever experienced this before?

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Nope, only when Always on top was ticked.

It might not even be what I'm talking about...

ok clik the link below to see all my setting in that window....maybe somebody can tell me if something is wrong there.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2958/screenvk2.png

btw  thanks a lot for the very quick reply lol

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
What does that switch do?

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
I'm not sure what you're doing but maybe switch it to Player Touch instead of Event Touch. The switches might have something to do with it though.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
upload game, tell me what needs to be done.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Actually yeah, isn't event touch if another event touches it or something. Yeah, switch it to Player Touch

i dont know...lol...im really new to this program...actually i just started using it not too long ago...lol...and thus that would probably explain why im having problems...lol

and i tried that too and i get the same thing....

well i dont think i have to upload the game....i just started a new game lol....what i want to do i have the main character that you control walk up to another character and when he touches him a diologue box will start....

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Player Touch, yeah, thats what you'd simple normally do.
What are those switches, if theres nothing there, just untick them, if the switch isn't on, nothing will happen, but if the switch isn't on when  it needs to be on, you wouldn't see the graphic...confusing.

man i took all the switches off and i still get the same problem...this is confusing...

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I will not talk to this guy on touch

ahhhhhh!!!! im so sorry to bother u guys all this time...if u noticed in my pic there was second tab to click on....so i went into that and it had always on top checked...so i unchecked it and it works fine...!!!!lol...im so orry to bother u guys because of my little oversight....but i must say you have been very very helpful!  and very quick to reply!  and i am very thanksful for that!   ;D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
np, now add [RESOLVED] to topic title so people know you got  it fixed.