RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Inferno Bifrons: The Divine Comedy Rate The Success 1-5

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Here it is again, only this time with twists added. I'm looking to recruit people for it soon.

Inferno Bifrons: The Divine Comedy
By: (CVE)Baal

'I am the way into the city of woe.
I am the way to a forsaken people.
I am the way into eternal sorrow.

Sacred justice moved my architect.
I was raised here by divine omnipotence, primordial love, and ultimate intellect.

All those elements time cannot wear were made before me, and beyond time I stand.
Abandon all hope ye who enter here.'

Written in the Rennisance period, Inferno, or the Divine Comedy, was an account of a man, Dante, who entered the Gates of Hell. He described it well, but not perfectly. He left on the surface of Cocytus, the frozen lake. He didn't think to look under the ice, at the lake bed where there lies the true embodiment of evil, and the parallel of the Holy Trinity. As modern culture advanced to described Hell as a fiery place the ice began to melt, releasing the horrors below. The lake dried up to what it used to be; Obcaelus, the apocalyptic abyss. Each section of Obcaelus was ruled by it's rightful leader. Proditora, controlled by the False Prophet. Contraveritas, kept running by the Anti-Christ. Finally, the lowest part of Obcaelum, Adeus, in which lies Malucis, the opposite of God. God creates, he destroys. God brings light, he brings darkness. All this shadow brought to Earth by one simple boy, in a matter of minutes.

- Vir is late for class, so he gets his homework and goes to the cavern where they were meeting. After arriving he is scolded, the teacher begins to continue the lesson, but suddenly Vir begins to glow. There's a flash, and a portal opens in the top part of the room. A monstrous demon appears out of the portal, followed by three minor demons that surround the group. Finally, a beautiful woman leaves the portal, and threatens the group. Realizing that it was Vir who released them on Earth, stepped forward and makes the teacher disappear. She tells Vir what he has done, and the class blacks out.
- Vir wakes up in a forest. He wanders around untill he becomes quite lost. Suddenly there is a bright flash of light and a female angel falls from the sky. She informs him of his situation, and promises to help him through the Dark Wood of Error, past the Mountain of Joy, and to the Gates of Hell.
- Vir enters the Vestibule and meets a group of running people. He calls to them, but they won't stop. As the last of the people pass him, he realizes why. He is attacked by a huge swarm of wasps. He sees water and runs to it remembering that water drives bees away. As he reached the shore, he say a tall shadowy figure of what seemed to be a man. It is Charon the ferryman of the river Acheron. Charon refuses him passage unless he can recover the Banner that the dead chase. Vir outwits Hell and fights through the wasps and gets the banner backwards. Charon keeps his promise and brings him across to Limbo.
- When Vir enters Limbo, he is surprised to find light, and follows it to a large castle. He enters the castle to discover that it is filled with philosophers and poets. There he discusses his dilemma with the most intelligent ones. Walking in on the group, Dante realizes that he alone knows the truth behind Vir's passage. He gives Vir a list of all the levels of Hell that he must go through before being able to leave. As Vir wakes up the next morning, he wakes up and realizes that someone is in his bed. He shoves the person out, and to his astonishment realizes that is his sister, and quickly apologizes. His sister agrees to come with him to escape, and so they leave for the Ring of the Lustful.

Twists:

Spoiler for:
- At almost all the points in Dante's where there should be a divine entity helping the party along, nothing occurs.
- When they kill Cerberus, they find a bloody and bruised Venustas. When Vir is changing her clothes in order to freshen her appearance, he notices scars on her back. She later tells them that they are from where she was beaten by her father, and where she had unsuccessfully tried to end her life.
- In the City of Dis, the party's underlying and hidden emotions come forth, and they act without thinking. Venustas hurls herself from the Broken Cliff, and she is crushed beneath it as it falls. Vir and his sister, Serina, realize that they both have been showing mild signs of romantic activity shared between them, and that time they go all the way and have an incestuous, sexual relation that night.
- When the party wades through the river Phlegethon, time around them increases, and Serina becomes quite pregnant with Vir's child.
- In the Forest of Suicides, the party see Venustas the tree being eaten by Harpies. They kill the Harpies in order to free the trees into their humanoid forms, but only succeed in freeing Venustas and brining life to Gaea, a giant tree monster.
- In the Burning Sand, Serina has the child. It is a complete and utter mockery of humanity. It is deformed and radiates evil so great that it glows with a black aura.
- In Cocytus, right before they leave through the Poets Exit, their sins reach a high point, and they become ridiculously evil, except for Serina, who's motherly instincts compell her to follow her baby when it falls through the Lake.
- The baby is actually the Anti-Christ who was gathering information in order to kill the party, and to draw them under into Obcaelus.
- The glow that was given off by Vir in the beginning was from his soul, which is to be part of the new order of Heaven. The realization of this brings forth angelic powers in Vir, that remove the curse of Hell from his companions, and give him the power of the new order of Nova Angelus, and it's Holy symbols of the seven heavenly virtues formed into the shape of the Virtuous Heptagram.
- Hell keeps going in a cone shape until it reaches a central point at which parallel universes exist. Atralux is the singularity of light and darkness at which Heaven and Hell becomeone, and at which Pandora, Adam and Eve all rest as the imbalance of light and shadow, and the causes of pain, suffering, and loss. If the player chooses to continue on to here an alternate ending is shone after defeating Aeternaponderae.

Major Boss Battles:
Spoiler for:
- DARK WOOD OF ERROR= She-Wolf
- THE VESTIBULE= Demonic Wasp King
- THE LUSTFUL= Minos
- THE GLUTTONOUS= Cerberus
- THE STYX= Demon Serpent of Phlegyas
- CITY OF DIS= Medusa
- THE VIOLENT:
   - PHLEGETHON= Minotaur
   - THE FOREST OF SUICIDES= Gaea
   - THE BURNING SAND= Geyron
- MALEBOLGE= Giants
- COCYTUS= Satan
- OBCAELUS:
   - PRODITORA= The False Prophet
   - CONTRAVERITAS= The Anti-Christ
   - ADEUS= Malucis
- ATRALUX= Aeternaponderae

Characters:

- VIR= The main character who originally released the seal to the Dark Wood of Suicides. He and his sister are very close.
   - PERSONALITY= He is very headstrong and curious. Unfortunately curiosity killed the cat.
   - CLASS= Acolyte
- SERINA= Vir's sister and the biological daughter of Aeternapodernae.
   - PERSONAlITY= She is a follower and a masachist. She never puts much effort into anything.
   - CLASS= Mage
- LEGIO= Vir's rival, he was found as a child by the mayor of the town.
   - PERSONALITY= Very quiet and unconcerned. He never speaks much unless spoken to.
   - CLASS= Swordsman
- VENUSTAS= The girl that Vir's parents have arranged a marriage with. She is the most attractive girl in the entire township.
   - PERSONALITY= Always very serious, and never laughs. She holds her conceited chin high with an earned esoteric brilliance.
   - CLASS= Scholar
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 11:33:50 PM by (CVE)Baal »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
pretty confusing, but I think it could work.
I don't understand the cavern thing in the start.

I could try mapping for you btw if you'd like.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Thanks, I'd like you to.

And the cavern was me trying to get a feel for it for writing the script to build a map around, then I realized that I really suck at making maps. I'm only good at events and writing.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF