RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Door Making! (Screenshots) (XP)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Door Making
In this tutorial you will learn how to make a door that will send you to another place!

Software
This tutorial will be using RPG Maker XP Postailty Knights Edition Enhanced.
This is one of the many ways to make a door.

What you will need
A version of RPG Maker XP
Basic Knowledge on RPG Maker
Two Maps

Tutorial
Okay. Lets start out on the map the door will be. You should have already made this map.
Select where you want the door to be. Right click the spot and go to "New Event"

Okay. Now you should get a nice screen like this. Lets go to graphic. Double click the little box.

Now select a door. You can use any kind you want. Just make sure it looks right.

Lets insert a new command. On page 2 go to "Move Event"

On the top left hand corner select "This Event" so the door will be the event moving. And put "Play SE '024-Door01', Face left, wait 1, face right, wait 1, face up.
It should look like...

Now we need to insert a proceed with movment command from page 2.

Next we will need a teleport command. This can also be found on page 2.

Now we must select the location by clicking the box under "Specific Location"

Now select the map you want the door to take you.

Finally select the location you want the door to take you. This should be on a wall.

Your event page should look like this.

Don't forget to make a teleport event leading you out of the room. Set it to "Hero Touch"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 03:30:34 AM by Irockman1 »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
XD I was going to make one, but very nice job on this.  ;)
Mind if I link you in the tut index?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Thanks.
And sure. I don't mind.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Kakashi!
Its a good tut, but how do you make it so that you have to walk through the door in order to teleport?
Project(s):
Ninja Nonsense! (3%) (feat. Many Naruto references!)

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Lovely tut explaining how to create a door.
Great job Irock.

I find that doors pretty much depends on what you like.
I'll contribute two of my doors to this topic. I won't post a tut on how to use them though...
Spoiler for Usually preferred door:
Spoiler for 'Eccentric' ~Blizz:

Rep:
Level 102
Thank you for contributing. Now I make my doors differently, I add no transition and move the player up one after he enters. ;D

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Thanks a lot, huge help

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Its a good tut, but how do you make it so that you have to walk through the door in order to teleport?

Choose "Collision" instead of "Action Key"
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!