RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What to do if switches don't work

Poll

I had fun with this what do you think

humorous and education
0 (0%)
its only humorous
0 (0%)
Wheres the humor?
0 (0%)
....you odd ball
0 (0%)
heh.. too much time on your hands?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Rep:
Level 88
What to try incase of switch errors with Kathis Brightstar

1) turning a switch on MIGHT cause it to jump to a page with that switch on if the page is higher and requires it TO ADVOID THIS turn off the pervious switch then turn it on last.

2) Make sure that the order of event is in a logical formation.
Example
I want this person to talk then to turn into a beast and then contiune to talk and stay that way.

[how would this look?]
Page one: triggers none  Graphic: normal
                 your a find lad come here
Change bgm : spooky
Switch 1 on

Page 2: trigger switch 1 on  Graphic: beast  (parrell progress)
                 you  your a witch HELP! SOMEONE
                 SAFE ME FROM THIS WITCH!
call battle: guard
switch 1 off
switch 2 on

Page 3: trigger switch 2 on  graphic beast (push a key)
                just go away.

Notice how nothing will repeat for a new switch will stop the parrell progress. Everything here is in logical order. And I can reuse switch 1 if I so choose so...just not on the same map ((though page 1 & 2 won't be accessable unless switch 2 is off also. Since page 3 is still in effect))

3) check if your using the RIGHT switches. do your switches match hmmm....

4) if all else fails, go have a hot dog take a break and get your mind off it. chances are you'll realise a solution when you least expect it. IF!!! you have a logical mind, which means if you can read commons and KNOW exactly what they do then you should have no problem, ((I mean by order of operation)) if not you might not be so lucky in this step

Thats all the time I have for today on this topic. Hope it helped.

*departing music as I sit in my red chair reading a book as the light dims XD *

Voice over: This has been What to try incase of switch errors with Kathis Brightstar
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html