RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
2003???

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
am i the only one that uses rpg maker 2k3? almost all the info in all the forums are about XP. now i am not bad mouthing XP i like it. i was just woundering if any still uses 2k3.

Rep:
Level 88
I enjoy creating Character Sprites.....
I hear of a lot of people using 2k3 as thier default maker.

I'm all about graphics though, and's thats all thats keeping me from using 2k3 myself.
But if there's one thing thats for sure, 2k3 has what no other does.
A DYNAMITE BATTLE SYSTEM!!!

If anyone could please construct a script for XP involving 2k3's battle system.

HOLY SHIT!!!!

All I gotsta say
Make sure that the juice was worth the squeeze

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
2k3 still has quite a large following. That's what I used. I know deadly_diablo still does (and that's all he will use) and Zypher does/did, and several others.
:tinysmile:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I use it....

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
Well, I use it. Mainly because I like my games having the original SNES feel, if you know what I mean. And customizing things is a ton easier, IMO.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Was there a need to bump a one year old topic?

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Wow!  That's one year old?!
I saw it near the top of the forum and just assumed it was new, I didn't even look at the date...
my bad  :(

Rep:
Level 88
I use rpg maker 2003
even have a challenge for it here http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

and I use rpg maker 2000 which I find a little less ugly looking in tile set though I know I can just import 2000 settings into my 2003, though some days it's nice not to worry about the battlers.

But as of late I been more into Rpg maker XP, until I get the help I need for  my question of a script of key inputting, I will be working on my challenge with the rpg maker 2003
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Im pretty much like Kathis.

Though i'm currently using 2000, because finding the battlers and getting them the i want is to big a hastle at the moment.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 88
that then you realize the down side of only being able to have the game go up to level 50 not nice for them hard core long games. unless it takes forever to level up, but that would only make the game into a grinning game. Not fun. But other than that they are pretty good.  And easy to work.
Project
New project. The other dimention DND
RPG makers challenge http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13503.0.html

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I make my battlers like FFvi; just the same as the walkabout sprites, but slightly edited fr the actions; I think it looks kickin'....but yeah, the 50 level limit sucks...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I use/used 2k3 and whatever thing i do for my own humiliation (eg my project of kitty the cat which i didn't release), i do on rm2k3.

And i shall dedicate myself to this subforum! Because WE can make progress!

[/president type talk]
Arlen is hot.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
unless it takes forever to level up, but that would only make the game into a grinning game.  Not fun.

I'm gonna guess you meant 'grinding'?  If not, then i'm clueless.
Eitherwho, I quoted that to bring back that subject briefly, just as a matter of interest.
My game is like that; very, very few levels, and naturally enough because of this, very hard and long to level up; but it's not a grinding game.  It's scareecly about levelling at all; gaining levels is just an occasional, minor and effectively free bonus to your stats; but you get stronger all in how you do things; they skills you learn and how you shape your team of two to max efficiency, and stats are build on attachments ('seeds') that boost stats.
Anyhoo, I say this because I enjoy that type of game, thusly why I'm making it.  In my humble opinion, I think a game with few levels or a more extreme challenge to level up can still be fun.

For the record, not flaming you, just opening up the subject a bit more, although I do realise it's a tad off-topic; I do like me debates ;D

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep