RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP's been stealing...

Rep:
Level 88
Almost all the Positive BGMs from the RMXP RTP are just revamped versions of songs from other RPGs. Positive02 is really a song from Zelda (the one with the shrinking hat, can't remember the name), and Positive03 is a very nice song taken from a Route in a Pokèmon game. I'm sure there are other stolen songs in there as well...

Anyone recognize another song from the RTP that isn't made by the producers?

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
hmm thats interesting... i havent noticed really, maybe they sound familiar but im too lazy to really look into it
maybe i will... :o

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Are you 100% sure? I mean, the BGMs ARE very similar, but stealing...?
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
FeeltheAmbience™
Yeah, you're right. They do sound similar.. but I don't think they're stolen.

They don't seem to be note for note.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Considering Enterbrain hasn't gotten sued. The songs most likely aren't ganked, just similar.

Rep:
Level 88
Maybe not note for note, but they haven't edited very much. In Positive03, all they did was add louder percussion, now that I take a better look.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Although, they might not even have done anything wrong. If I'm not wrong, the RTP is free and can't be sold. If they have just edited music, they can't sell it themselves. You can't even include the RTP in your game if you are going to sell it I think. Or you need to state clearly that it is free and can also be downloaded from Enterbrain's site. I'm not sure, although.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Romeo.
One of the song that were in the RTP Music reminds me of Chrono Trigger.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
To defend composers everywhere. (even though it is likely that these are just rips)

It's impossible to come up with something completely original... well, for most people.

If it's completely original, most of the time our brain will clash with it saying "I've never heard something like that, it sounds like crap", so you end up using some bits you've heard from other songs.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Yeah. He's right. I know it from own experience.

Offtopic:

One of the song that were in the RTP Music reminds me of Chrono Trigger.

I <3 your sig.
Visit our website.

pokeball KanOfflineMale
Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Mapping expert.
Theme2 is off of FF1

Edit:  Heck, everyone of the themes ripped.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:24:16 PM by Kan »

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I need to check now. Because it boggles my mind how enterbrain could gank stuff and not get their asses sued.

Rep:
Level 88
True, Tsunokiette, but most composers try to be somewhat different when they compose. These songs, however... The main gists of the songs are exactly the same as their RPG counterparts.

Rep:
Level 88
There are quite a few tunes that come from Final Fantasy, but none of them are actually close enough to the real thing to be classed as the real thing.
Kinsei kazoku no mottoo .

Seigi no mae no haamonii
heiwa no mae no barannsu
saigo no ha no mae no junjo ha kudaru

Translation:

Kinsei Family Motto

Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before the last leaf falls

Rep:
Level 88
Well, the Zelda and Pokemon songs are only a few notes different. I'm almsot sure Positive02 is straight from the credits of Zelda: The Minish Cap.

Rep:
Level 88
Um, I have no idea, the last time I have never played Zelda or Pokemon
Kinsei kazoku no mottoo .

Seigi no mae no haamonii
heiwa no mae no barannsu
saigo no ha no mae no junjo ha kudaru

Translation:

Kinsei Family Motto

Harmony before Justice,
Balance before Peace,
Order before the last leaf falls

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
I have minish cap but i dont remember the song =/

Maybe ur right maybe ur wrong ill listen ^^

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I still keep forgetting to check >.<

pokeball GAXOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 88
The Laughing Man
Almost all the Positive BGMs from the RMXP RTP are just revamped versions of songs from other RPGs. Positive02 is really a song from Zelda (the one with the shrinking hat, can't remember the name), and Positive03 is a very nice song taken from a Route in a Pokèmon game. I'm sure there are other stolen songs in there as well...

Anyone recognize another song from the RTP that isn't made by the producers?

Well, I recognize the Positive 2 as a simmilar to the song you hear in one of the mountain areas of Minish Cap, but they are kinda different (Fanboy's got the cartridge ^^)

Positive 3 actually doesn't sound like Pokemon, but actually like the Airship theme used in MANY Final Fantasy Games, but it is not exact.

It is possible they used some of the tune from each, but there are differences in each that are enough to keep them safe.
Stand alone from mainstream society, be the different voice in a world where all speak the same.  Beat not to the rythm of the same drum, make your own rythm and follow it.  Individuality is the method by which we people live, the factor which keeps us from a hive mind, a singularity.  Instrumentality is not key, the key is accepting the difference of people and allowing their differences to flourish, not to suppress these differences and make everyone equal, for in pure equality, we lose what makes us who we are, our humanity.

pokeball KanOfflineMale
Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Mapping expert.
Yeah, I gotta agree with Positive3 being FF, but it sounds like FF6's Airship Music more than any other FFs.
Also, I think LastBoss3 is Chrono Triggers FinalBoss (the THIRD form)

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
I think Slow6 has bits form Harvest Moon : BtN.
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

<3
Rep:
Level 90
To defend composers everywhere. (even though it is likely that these are just rips)

It's impossible to come up with something completely original... well, for most people.

If it's completely original, most of the time our brain will clash with it saying "I've never heard something like that, it sounds like crap", so you end up using some bits you've heard from other songs.

I agree with Tsuno, but they sound too much alike. I haven't played every single game on the world but I have heard most of the tunes somewhere before...

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
Isn't it possible that they got permission to use those songs? ???

Rep:
Level 87
He's got my gravity gun...
I don't think they're stealing anything,
RPG music all sounds the same to me anyways...
You just got Frohwned!