RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
small char

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
so anyways for my world map, i dont like having the characters so big like they are

heres a screen

i want my character to be more proportional so i would like to make him smaller, does anyone have a tutorial or know how to do this?
please and thank you! :D

(yes i know hes rtp character, until i can make battlers hes gonna stay that way)

Rep:
Level 90
You could just make a smaller sprite, and use events to set it for the map.
It's not stupid. It's advaaaanced!

Rep:
Level 91
I own you.
in rmxp there is a script.....rm2k3 and rm2k im not sure
1 death is a tragedy but 1 million deaths is a statistic.
-Joseph Stalin

ive seen it done in rm2k an rm2k3..i dont remeber where though..and if i make a small charset i think it would look weird walking cause it has to go one tile...so just imagine it walking one tile when it fills up like half...

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Quote from: CLRocker1411
ive seen it done in rm2k an rm2k3..i dont remeber where though..and if i make a small charset i think it would look weird walking cause it has to go one tile...so just imagine it walking one tile when it fills up like half...

simply make the character's speed lower, thus it looks like more land is being covered
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Quote from: Tsunokiette
Quote from: CLRocker1411

simply make the character's speed lower, thus it looks like more land is being covered

ahh, though changing speed is anoying ill see if it works

Im not sure if you have already got it, but ill show how you can do it.

make an auto start event and make it "set character graphics to (whatever you want it to be)"
then when you go onto that map, it will go to that graphics.

Then whenever you make a teleporting event, make it so you change character graphics to it's nomal graphics.

Hope this helps! If you already know, sorry

p.s. THis is for rpg maker 2003
Current project: The demon powers
A project Just being used so I can practice using rpg maker

Rep:
Level 91
Thanks For Coming
Quote from: sepiroth666
in rmxp there is a script.....rm2k3 and rm2k im not sure

Heh, any idea where I can find this script?  :P

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Of course this can be done in rpg maker 2000 and 2003, it was a suprise to see it done in XP! :shock:

Maybe this tiny tutorial may be of service to you.

http://www.geocities.com/dustinthedrake/MakingYourWorldMapRealistic.doc
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Woo! Thank you, but the tutorial is for iDraw  :(  I know how to resize with paint, but is there a way to 'smooth' it?

I'm thinking about just making a little tiny sprite that resembles my character, like the worldmap in chronotrigger.
Game: Tears of Kahlandris
|||||||||| Demo = 10%
Click here for game info! http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4756