RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] This sounds n00bish, but...

Rep:
Level 88
How do you make it so that the door of a house opens and closes when you go through it? Whenever my character goes through a door, the door graphic doesn't change, but he just gets transferred to the next map.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 09:55:34 AM by .:Pyroken Serafoculus:. »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
its like
make a event of action key

move event, change event sprite to a open door.
then character transports
after that change it back to closed door

but the last step isnt required because 99% the character wouldve teleported into another map

Use search lol, and tell me the meaning of your name lawl
Arlen is hot.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
If your using 2K3, then you have to change the direction the door is facing, I forget the direct order but it's something like: Move event: Door, face right, face up, face left. Then you wait half a second and teleport.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
door open on touch command, self switch a on, then new event page "turns on when self switch a is on" then set to pareaell process, picture with door open
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
so my way isnt right?

Funny i always use it.

OMG RMXP LOVES ME
Arlen is hot.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
nope your's is right too...actually mines the one thats wrong  ;8 I didn't explain it fully.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Actually, Deliciously_Saucy's idea seems the best to me. Resolved!