RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lufia - The Final War [HELP NEEDED HERE]

Rep:
Level 88
Lufia - The Final War
Recruits are required for my new project, Lufia - The Final War. The game is as the title says, the Final War. Basic story:

Lufia - The Final War
300 years have passed since the battle of Maxim and the Sinistral.
His descendant's have fought the same scourge every hundred years or so.
Now, the last in his line stands up and realises his heritage.
He goes on rage of studies to find out as much as he can about the Sinistrals
His words are:
       "Everytime they are defeated, yet Erim arrives in some form...
  But if she died, how is she revived, especially since she is the Mistress of Death?"
The young master realises that every hundred years, something or someone revives the Sinistrals, and he realises that this must be his fate as well...
So he begins his journey where it all started...

[UPDATE]                             CHARACTERS

GOOD CHARACTERS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The hero, Valus....17
Valus has unmatched strength with a sword for miles, but he knows nothing of his heritage. The day of the anniversary of the First Doom Island War draws near, and something awakens within him. Valus embarks on a quest to discover as much as he can about the Sinistrals, but he gets caught up in something much, much worse...
Fulai....18 female
A mysterious girl the hero comes across on his journey in Northland. Her life is put at risk by an onslaught of the neighbouring country, but the hero saves her life. She requests to follow him but he refuses. As he leaves the devastated town, she asks why he is travelling during dangerous times. He tells her and she asks whether she can help. She is very knowledgable with details about the Sinistrals.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Renan....22 male
A soldier the hero meets in a kingdom under attack by the Sinistrals. The hero helps and the king requests that Renan follows him on his journey. Having a mysterious nature, no one knows much about Renan.
Mae....124 female
An elf found wandering the countryside. Seeing humans, she runs, but falls into a trap made by one of the Sinistral's lackies. After being saved, Mae trusts the hero and joins him on his quest.
THERE WILL BE MORE GOOD CHARACTERS BUT STILL THINKING
BAD CHARACTERS
Gades....???yrs male
Gades is the Sinistral of Destruction, but he is the weakest of them all. After his last battle with Dean, (Lufia: The Legend Returns) Gades is much more powerful and destructive, and has no intentions of letting anyone live. The Hero first meets Gades in an unexpected place...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amon....???yrs Male
Amon is the Sinistral of Chaos. As soon as he revives he starts unleashing terror among the world. The Hero meets Amon when Mae is taken. Like Gades, Amon has grown even more powerful and his powers have grown greatly. He is a major problem for the Hero...
Erim....???yrs Female
Erim is the Sinistral/Mistress of Death, and it is her that revives the Sinistrals as long as she is alive. The Hero has trouble finding out why the Sinistrals keep returning when Erim is dead, but his questions are answered at a later date...Her seemingly parasitic nature causes confusing and hatred between members of the Hero's party, and causes drifts between them...
Daos....???yrs male
Daos is the leader of the four Sinistrals and is by far the most powerful. His physical strength and his magical strength are unmatched and have increased dramatically. Daos is the Sinistral of Terror, and that is exactly what he causes. Daos manipulates the world like Amon, but he is a fierce as ever....
Arek...???yrs male
Sir Arek is known as The One, and is the leader of all Sinistrals and possibly ALL evil. Arek is the Sinistral of Pain, and he may not appear physically, but it is he who causes suffering all over the world. The Hero WILL meet Arek...
MAIN BOSSES WILL NOT BE LISTED
????? CHARACTERS
Yuren...26 female
Yuren is an unknown character that the Hero runs into regularly. She challenges the hero every time. Is she that bad...or is she an ally?
Pansan....?? male
Pansan is met ON THE JOURNEY and has something to do with Doom Island...
Hera`so....??? male
The keeper of ?????? *NOT TELLING!* A MAJOR character the hero comes across....
THAT IS IT FOR THE MOMENT...

Hopefully this gives you a tad more information on my game. When I get the resources, I'll make a demo and screenies!

If anyone can create what you think these characters look like, please send the sprites or whatever to me.

Open Positions

Spriter...............The sprites must be of Lufian design or look
Battle Sprites........Once I have character sprites, I will tell you what I need
Music Composer........All songs created must be of Lufian style
Battle System.........I need an animated battle system like Lufia: RoL and Lufia 2
Tileset design........I need tilesets in the Lufia style design, Lufia 2 or better
Any extra you think of!

If you are interested, please contact me by either PM or post.
Thanks in advance! :)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:28:57 AM by AlwaysIdeas »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Oh cool, a Lufia game. I wish you good luck with that. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
What do you think of the title screen I made?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:57:52 AM by AlwaysIdeas »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
You should use imageshack.us or photobucket.com for imagehosting.
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
That's better! Thanks! ;)
NOW what do you think for starters?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This sounds good. The title screen is really cool.
Although I've never played Lufia I hope to play this.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Lufia!

Good luck, looks awesome.

Rep:
Level 88
Can anyone recommend suitable tilesets for this game? If so could you provide a link?
Also, do you think I should have the traditional world map walking, or have map to map world maps?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Do whatever Lufia did, I can't remember. And convert old tilesets, I have one I started on a while back, here.

You may need to rework it a bit though.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I've seen the request for a Lufia 2 battle system often lately. I have some stuff going on, but if it works out, I can release an enhanced version of the Blizz-ABS (finally version 1.0), finish off the Semi-TBS and make a Lufia 2 battle system after that. So if you're lucky, I will make the battle system. ;8
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks for the tileset, it's a start!
And that would be great Dr_eadful! :)

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
I'm Blizzard, lol! (>.<)
Visit our website.

Rep:
Level 88
I know that. ;D
I thought just for the moment though.

Rep:
Level 88
Sorry for the double post and I hope I'm not necroposting my own topic!  :P  But I need help with this.
Can someone please make this song loop as I haven't got the software required, if you do this, I would be very happy. The file is MP3 format, here is the link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LAZ5IVUT
2.67mb download

Thanks in advance.
 ;)

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
well you posted 2 months later so I guess it doesn't count as a Double post anymore