RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A New Fun Contest! (With a special prize!)

Rep:
Level 88
Ok so I'm having this contest and let's have everyone play!  I call it.....

The Mario Paint Music & Picture/Animation Contest!

So, here's how it works:

This works best if you have a ROM, but you can use your actual game too if you have a camera & microphone.  If you need the ROM, I have a download link below.

The contest rules are: Make a song on Mario Paint using the built in music editor. (Recording instructions below).  Then, make a picture or animation to go with it. Scoring will be based on different parts.  The scoring is very diverse so even if you are bad at one part, you can make up for it in another. (You won't be penalized for not making an animation)

Scoring will be based both seperately for music and the picture/animation and for the two combined.

Editing the music & images with another program is not allowed.  Everything needs to be done in Mario Paint.  You can use other programs to save your song and put your animation together, but all of the creating needs to be done in Mario Paint.

Instructions:
If you need the ROM for Mario Paint, you can download it here:
http://yamisiterawr.com/roms/MarioPaint.smc
An Emulator can be found at:
http://zsnes.com/
When you open the ROM, press 7 to turn the mouse on (Mario Paint used an SNES mouse and a big plastic mousepad  ;D)

For recording the sound, if you don't already have a program, you can use Audacity,  A free program.  Download it at:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
To record the sound coming out of your speakers, set the recording mode to Stereo Mix

Then press record and play your song on zsnes.  If you're using an SNES and TV, set the input to Microphone instead of Stereo Mix and then record the television with your mic.

For the image, just draw something with the Mario Paint tools.  If you're making an animation, you can use a program like ImageReady or Flash to put them together.

When you're done, send me the song and picture seperate and I'll put them together.

The Prize:
Everyone that enters will get a spot in my game.  The 2 runner-ups will play a larger role, and the winner will be one of the main characters in the story.  After the contest is over, I'll get in touch with everyone and work out all the details.

Each person can only be judged on one submission.  If you make more than one and want to show them off, I'll have all submissions posted on my website.

Any questions feel free to post here!

PM entries to me^^  Entry stage is between now and next Friday (Feb. 16)
Winners will be announced the following Sunday (Feb. 18)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 09:09:07 AM by Yami »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I used to play Mario Paint all the time. I'm definately entering this.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I am also going to enter this. I LOVED Mario Paint.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
hmm ive never tried it before, but i guess i can. i have an snes emulator already, so it sounds like fun ;D

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
Nvm i figured it out. Anyways i'm joining.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 01:46:08 AM by Chaos of Destruction »

Dungeons and Dragons Dawn of Darkness: 3% (ON HOLD!)
Dark Lands: 7%

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
I'm in. 
btw could i just send u the save file when it's done..?  that'd work right?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:10:35 AM by TeaBag »
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm pretty sure it would, but you would have to maybe give me a save state instead.  I'm not sure if it saves music when you save your game.  if it does though, you could just send me the save file.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
It sounds totally awesome...
I will give it ago...
but I dont think I will enter teh contest...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Sign me in!

Btw i presed 7 when i opened it, but mouse not enabled

as a matter of fact, could you or someone explain in small and nice and something which i sposei  can understand more easily, becuase that audacity things confusing me too..;

;_;
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 08:57:36 AM by dr_wolfy »
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
OH NOES, I forgot about this!  ;9

OK, I'm going to do this tomorrow.  ;8

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Okay I tried it...
Im okay at teh music part...
But suck at animation...
so I wont enter...

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
HOW DOES THIS WORK!!!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Are you using Zsnes?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
After you load Mario Paint, then press 7.  Not on the numpad.  The 7 where they are above the letters on the keyboard.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
HOW DOES THIS WORK!!!

I had to rename Mario Paint from .smc to .rom for it to work.

Rep:
Level 88
*zombies around*
oh wow! I am SO going to enter! Er. can't animate though. ._.; Don't have programs to do it with. But I'll certainly give you a song and a picture! Hehehe.

Snailer <3

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
lol @ wav fiels

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
After you load Mario Paint, then press 7.  Not on the numpad.  The 7 where they are above the letters on the keyboard.

tried.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer

tried.

Do it my way. After opening Mario Paint, press esc and go to devices (which should be under config.) Now go to port 1 and click the mouse til it's light blue. Then it should work.

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
Who's gonna win this contest (ain't be me. T_T)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
<3 CoD

+rep
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Since there are a couple people that need more time, I'm moving the deadline to Friday and the results will be announced on Sunday.  If you're one of those last minute people, you can submit your work anytime Friday and I'll close the contest Saturday morning when I wake up.
That's the only delay though :P So good luck everyone! :D

Rep:
Level 88
Allright~ Contest is closed now :P Since there weren't that many entries, I'm going to put up a vote for the winner instead of rating them.  ;D

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
How did I miss this contest?!!? aragh!

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I THOUGHT IT WAS NEXT FRIDAY!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!;-;
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Well I could extend it a little longer if you want.  I only got 3 entries anyway XD.  Should I?

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
If you love me, yes.

LOL YES DO IT I WANNA SUBMIT!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Ok  ;D  I'll make it one more week just for you nightwolf  :P

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
AWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

btw i may not post either cuz i got exams, but ftw ill do it!
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
ZOMG! I wish you spammed this around more! :( This is such an awesome contest and it's over...