RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Conspiracies (Preview Out)

Rep:
Level 88
Conspiracies

Author's Note: Having lived under a rock since the beginning of time regarding RPG Maker, I know almost nothing about making a good game, and, thus, this first demo most likely sucks majorly. What I want you all to do is give me good constructive criticism, so that I can release a final, smoothed-out version of this demo and go on with the storyline. Also, I notice that the main character is an Arsh, and that won't change. I chose the graphic not because I was lazy, but because it fits my character perfectly.

Prologue

Young Nathaniel, the son of a nobleman, leads a spoilt life in the sanctuary of his father's mansion, until one day when he is forced to leave, under circumstances that he understands not at all. Thrown into the midst of the seas of war, will he rise to the challenge and overcome all odds? Or will he fail?

Characters:

Nathaniel Schobnir

The hero of the game, he knows almost nothing of the outdoors, having only had his father's coachings about battling to prepare him. He is, therefore, often clueless to what to do or what is happening, but his dedication to his goal brings him through hard times.

Vaerna La'enarte

Vaerna is a knowledgable Mage of the fourth class, witty and keen to the subtler energies of the world. Though she is not as wise as her Mage elders, she maintains a condescending air around those she knows well, creating a certain amount of annoyance among her peers.

Takyos Luminus

Even though Takyos is a Lancer, he is not the sharpest person of the group, and thus often gets casually insulted by Vaerna at many points. He does not take these insults with good grace, but none ever leave slow-healing marks; he stays a good, loyal friend throughout.

Screenshots:

Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QFGPZS53

EDIT: Fixed some gigantic bugs, the edited version is here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S3VSZYM5

EDIT: Fixed the last set of bugs, added lots of bells and whistles liike better mapping, sounds when changing maps, more NPCs and side quests, and a Day and Night System. If you already have a saved game and don't want to  restart to start up the game's time sytem, go into Nathaniel's mansion and go out again.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K3WMRQHT

Because of megaupload's weirdness, I uploaded the files on another site. Here it would be:

http://files.filefront.com//;6705869;;/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 05:19:44 PM by .:Pyroken Serafoculus:. »

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
Good luck on your game! I hope it turns out great.  :)
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks. Why don't you try out the game and give a comment? I did say I have the demo out.

Didn't I?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'll download it and comment later.

Looks good.

Rep:
Level 88
Fixed a lot of bugs, improved the mapping, added more NPCs and side-quests... And I added a Day and Nght System! Here is the download. If you already have a saved game and don't want to  restart to start up the game's time sytem, go into Nathaniel's mansion and go out again.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K3WMRQHT
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 08:08:22 AM by .:Pyroken Serafoculus:. »

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Will try your game out aswell when the download slots are free :)
Current Projects
Eternal Nightmare - 10% complete

Learn your vowels - A E I Owned U

Rep:
Level 88
Geh, the slots are never free. Use this link.

http://files.filefront.com//;6705869;;/

Rep:
Level 88
Am I really that bad? Even bad games get some sort of constructive comment, but no one wants to answer this.

Rep:
Level 88
Busted - Infection...Spreaded...
Am I really that bad? Even bad games get some sort of constructive comment, but no one wants to answer this.
I would comment on your game, but I can't play it for some reason. Sorry. The window closes randomly...

Rep:
Level 88
Really? Is there a certain point where it closes, or is there an error message? I don't think I've messed with the script; it shouldn't crash like that...

Rep:
Level 88
Busted - Infection...Spreaded...
Really? Is there a certain point where it closes, or is there an error message? I don't think I've messed with the script; it shouldn't crash like that...
No error message. Closes when I try to play the game (as in when I select it).

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
mapping could use some touchups. empty spaces/boxy rooms
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Really? I'll look up on that. I never knew boxy rooms was a bad thing, but where do you see empty spaces?

Rep:
Level 88
Why is only my thread doomed to inactivity? Is it because of the Arshes?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Really? I'll look up on that. I never knew boxy rooms was a bad thing, but where do you see empty spaces?

lets say I want to make an indoor, well dont make it a box.

heres my shop:

outdoor:
outdoor is random, but not TOO RANDOM. see you have three rocks right next to each other, spread them out and make it look like a nice full map:

probally.  ;D and I'm not even kidding. Just replace arshes. Wont take long.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
That room is enlightening. The concept of making rooms fancily shaped never even came to me. o.O

All right, I suppose I'll find another graphic. Thanks!

Rep:
Level 88
Professional Chocobo Hunter
I'm downloading the demo now (to a school computer  ;D) but some advice I can give is to shorten your messages a bit.

Maybe do what I do and put the speakers name in the first line, then use the next 2 lines for speech. So:

<Nathanial>
Ghosts? Ha! What do I have
to worry about?

This identifies the speaker, makes it easier on the eyes and allows you to fill an event more if it seems too short.
Crystal Collection - On hold.

FF:Dark Symphony - 12%
Demo: May 10th, 2007

Rep:
Level 88
Well i played through your demo and i have a few pointers:

-When talking to your dying father at the begining the line "Everything will become clear with time" gets cut off, the 'h' in with is cut in half.
-After it changes back to the bedroom the line "I don't think going into the Armory is to bad[] now. I need weaapons, anyways" the 'd' in bad is cut and it is unclear if there are other words cut out at the [](like " an idea right ") as well as the word weapons having an extra 'a'.
-You should make it so you can't leave the hall until you have gone to the armory.
-When trying to pass the ghosts...if you say "Er.. Never mind." it asks again after you move away.
-I was unable to enter the middle house in Sailence.
-Sailence dojo: i tried the tournament and many things happened.
 -1. i wasn't able to use the bed (or at least it didn't give any sign that i used it) and it healed me after talking to the person.
 -2. i could walk through the bottom walls and on the top right wall.
 -3. starting the second round the word "level" was cut off.
 -4. in the final round in the "dream" the word "as" was cut off, and after waking up the word "about" was cut off.
-When walking past Shade Forest the word "to" is cut off.
-Using fire lung didn't teach "Mass Inferno".
-Tower first floor: the hole was above the player. after goind down hole: "/C[1] Vaerna:...". picking up the axe did nothing.
-Before the headquarters: i could walk through the pillars.
-Headquarters: i could walk over the pole left of the pool.
-Viewing the archive: "and", "imprisoned", "keep", and "to" were cut off.

Other than that...it was great! i loved it...(actually the rose bush thing was hard because it killed in one hit with the whirlwind thing, but i eventually got it). Is the archive viewing supposed to be the end? you should at least add something to say it's the end of the demo :)
"Facts are useless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." Homer Jay Simpson

"I do not know what weapons WWIII will be fought with but i know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones" Albert Einstein

"It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." from In Memoriam, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.

"all your base are belonging to us!" awful fantasy 3

"the grapes damb it, it's alway's the grapes!"

Funny anagrams:
Desperation=A rope ends it
Mother in law=Woman hitler
Lottery machine=Money lost in 'em
Election results=Lies lets recount
Dormitory=Dirty room
Snooze alarms=Alas! No more Z's
Eleven plus two=Twelve plus one
Cosmetic surgery="Yes, I correct mugs."
The IRS=Theirs!
Public relations=Crap, built on lies
Astronomer=Moon starer
Dementia="Detain me."
Internet chat rooms=The moron interacts
The eyes!=They see!

Currently making:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,13132.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
Alerith: I see what you mean, but how would that shorten the messages? It only makes them less messy... I'll try it out, anyway.

atracious: I'm actually not sure how to fix the cut off words. I'll try shifting things around...

Thank you for the other glitches. I started on the game years ago and stopped in the middle, you see, so there are a few inconsistencies that I didn't notice.

Well, thanks for the suggestions.

Rep:
Level 88
Professional Chocobo Hunter
I mean that it would shorten each message box, thus making it neater and easier to read and organize.

It will keep the event itself at a moderate length but still keep it clean and neat.
Crystal Collection - On hold.

FF:Dark Symphony - 12%
Demo: May 10th, 2007

Rep:
Level 88
True; I'll have all those suggestions and more in the next release, which may or may not take time. Thanks, everyone!

Rep:
Level 88
Eh.

Don't worry if your topic doesn't get commented on.

It happens to everyone, even really good games.

It's just bad luck I guess...

I have seen some really nice looking games get put back into the far pages, and some even moved into that garbage area o-o

Mine hasnt been commented on in awhile either.

I didn't play the demo but I can tell your mapping needs improving.

Use auto tiles for the grass especially. When you walk outside not eveyr peice of grass is that same size is it? And those rocks seem to close together. Also are there are a lot of square houses where you live? o_o Don't make the houses crazy looking but give them a nice design.

I hope you can work on this.  :)

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks, Badalight. I was just getting a bit annoyed there.

Don't forget, I'm working on a second version. This was only the preview; I've yet to make a full-fledged demo. Part of the mapping problems are fixed right there.

Oh, and atracious, the cut-off-words problem is fixed. I just increased the size of the messages a bit, and it went presentable.

Rep:
Level 88
I need to show how the project is still alive and kicking, and thus I shall prepare a list of screenshots to illustrate that. I just have to get one thing, and I'll have all the screenshots in a little zip folder as a little teaser, all for your enjoyment.

Rep:
Level 88
Whoa, triple post. I got the screenshots done, 5 in all! Everyone (i.e. no one) get excited!

It's a .rar file. Just download WinRAR for free to open it.