RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Quick Question

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
ok , i am cutting wood/fishing , is it possible to lvl up a skill liek that ? ( eg catch 10 fishes and your fishing skill will be 2)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes, I think by using either switches or variables...can you post your fishing event here? (or wood cutting) or if possible upload your game file, and maybe I can work something out.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
hmmm , i couldnt seem to copy the script so i just took a screen shot , hope that helps m8

one more thing, is it also possible if you get higher lvl fishing , you can catch different fishes?

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes, its all done with with eventing..when he reaches the new fish level, in teh same event activate a switch, then have it in another event use a conditional branch and get different fish..

hmm ive never worked with this type of thing, so can you upload the game folder for me? I can try it first hand
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I beat Twilight Princess faster than you
There are two topics I think should help you:

Leveling up skills through use

Lag-free thieving system

If you use the leveling up skills through use system for a fishing skill you'll be able to make yourself get higher levels of fishing skills as you catch more fish. And if you have a look at the code for the lag-free thieving system,   you could copy parts of it to make places that only allow you to fish at higher levels.

For example: You have a skill called "Fishing". You have it call a common event called "fishskillup" or something. Then you put this code into the common event:
Code: [Select]
Control Variables: [0001: Fish Exp] += 1
Conditional Branch: [0001:Fish Exp] == 50
  Conditional Branch: [$game_actors[001].int >= 100]
    Play SE: '157-Skill01', 80, 100
    Change Skills: [Aluxes], + [Fishing Level 2]
    Text: Aluxes Learns Fishing Level 2!

And then in a fishing event you have something like this:

[Conditional branch: fishing level = 1]
Fishing script goes here
[Else]
[Conditional branch: fishing level = 2]
Better fishing script goes here
[else]
You don't have fishing skill! You can't fish here!

Or if you want a place where you can only fish if you're level 2:

[Conditional branch: fishing level = 2]
Fishing script goes here
[else]
You have to be fishing level 2 to fish here!

That should help you... if you need anything else just keep asking.
Current Project ~ Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG
Just as a note, I fully understand variables and switches, so there's no need to treat me like a noob :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, he's right. Though if you have it as an actual skill, you would need to have it check if near water. It might be a bit easier to define a new variable called Fishing Level, and just put it into a common event that has a paralell process tag on it, and do something like

Conditional Branch: Variable [Fish Exp] = 10
      Control Variables: Fishing Level = 2
      Text: You are now a Level 2 Fisher

More for however many levels. And if you want to catch different fishes at higher level, just do what Arkhan is saying and for the improved level event you could broaden the range of your random variables and include different fish for the other values. Like:

Variable: [003: Fish] = Random [0..9]
If Variable[003: Fish] <= 2, then catch the lesser value fish
If Variable[003: Fish] = 3, then catch the higher value fish

Which would give your guy a 30% chance of catching lesser value fish, and a 10% chance of catching higher value fish. Anyway, Arkhan covered most of it, I just thought you might like to know how to catch different fish