RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Kill 10 ghosts and come back to me ..."

Rep:
Level 88
http://www.rukinet.com
Hi! As the title is meant to say I want to ahve a quest where you are gonna kill 10 ghosts and then return. Shall I still use switches or variables (I've never used variables before ...)?

Okay one more thing ... HOW shall I do this? I'm kinda new to stuff like using switches :P

On deadly_diablo's request I'll tell you that I'm using the XP version of RPGMaker.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 04:48:15 PM by Kessiah »

Rukinet. - the dot's included!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I would use switches...since I dont know about variables..but this can be done easily. 
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
The Sliencer
I understand Variables a bit. But i would go with switches.

Dungeons and Dragons Dawn of Darkness: 3% (ON HOLD!)
Dark Lands: 7%

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
You guys seriously need to learn variables.

Well, the way i would do it personally, is make the ghost drop and item, like a sheet or something. And when you get 10, use a conditional branch (4th page -> item,  quantity 10) And that way it will seem more realistic 'coz you have proof. :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
I beat Twilight Princess faster than you
There are three ways I can think of to do it:

A) Have ten switches called ghost1, ghost2, ghost3, etc. Whenever you beat a ghost it turns on a switch. When all ten switches are on you can go back to the guy who gave you the quest or whatever, and then you have a conditional branch do something to check it. This is a stupid way because it takes ten switches and is too long and complicated.

B) Have each ghost drop an item like "Sheet" or "Ectoplasm" (Ghostbusters, anyone? ;D), and then put a conditional branch in your quest-giver that says you have ten sheets or something. But personally I recommend:

C)Whenever you kill a ghost, it adds one to a variable called ghostQuest or ghostKill or something like that. The quest giver has an event page that requires the variable ghostQuest is equal to or greater than 10. In that page you can make him say "Congratulations, take an apple pie" or whatever you want.

The reason you should do it like C is because you don't have to set up any extra items, you don't waste switches, and you don't even need a conditional branch.

If you don't know how to adjust variables when a ghost dies, or how to make an event page require that a variable be equal to or greater than something, just ask.

~Arkhan
Current Project ~ Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG
Just as a note, I fully understand variables and switches, so there's no need to treat me like a noob :D

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
just after then ghost event command battle processing put "control variables"

Rep:
Level 88
But what if they want you to hunt down a Ghost that randomly appears while you're walking around in a map? It would be odd if you put ten sprites around the map and made them Battle Process; why are they so visible if every other monster appears randomly?

I believe you would need Battle events for that, but if anyone knows just what to do, that would be nice.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
set up either ground events or something else, that brings ghost's and have them then get killed and add to the variable.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Kessiah could you tell us which maker you are using? Variables and switches can be used WITHIN battles if you wished to know.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
XD how did I forget! just set up troops of the ghosts to add + 1 variables to ghost variable and have the guy give you the award once ghost variable is equal or greater then 10

Rep:
Level 88
Ah, yes. Condition: Ghost's HP is 0 or below, control variables, add 1 to ghost variable. I can't believe I forgot that.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
For me, variable. Its kinda easy, make a variable and then make a copy of the ghost monster. Then, add a event for the monster like...

Code: [Select]
>Conditional Branch when "ghost hp 0" variable "whateveryourvariablenameis" +1

Then, make an event for the dude, what he has to say and stuff and also, add one what is something like :

Code: [Select]
>Conditional Branch when variable "whateveryourvariablenameis" 10
>Message: "Whatever you want the person to say"

Sorry, I've been away from RMXP (haven't touched it for 4 months) so I can't remember the events clearly, but I'm pretty sure I went along the lines.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 85
Would i use a conditional branch for each creature and have it controlled by a control variables switch?

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I would make it easier and do this.

1)Make a switch called "Kill Ghosts Request"

2)Make a Variable called Ghosts Killed

3)In each battle event with ghost enemies, make an event that says conditional branch or just make it a trigger

if Kill Ghosts Request Switch=ON

then another conditional branch under it
If enemy ID=(the ghosts ID) is present
Another conditional Branch
If enemy status death is inflicted

THEN

Add to the variable

When the variable is greater than or equal to 10, come back to the guy, get the reward, turn the switch off.
Simple enough right?

MONOCLE MAN
Rep:
Level 89
-::Gone::-
I would use switches...since I dont know about variables..but this can be done easily. 
I made something similar to this script once and I used variables and it worked just fine.

Rep:
Level 85
just make an event on the map wich let you battles a ghost, without sprite, empty thingy, if you step on it you battle the ghost,when you win you get the variable up

Rep:
Level 83
i don't really understand..
but can someone just give me the code?

i dunno.. i already try it.. but nnever workk..
>.<

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Necroposting = Bad.